A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: takin' pics advice  (Read 1043 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eatcore
« on: May 18, 2005 01:57:50 PM »

I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I've been noticing that a large number of the pictures posted are taken by people holding the camera themselves.  Y'know the drill, hold your arm as far out from your body as possible, aim the camera towards whatever body part your photographing and pray.  the pictures all turn out...well, with glares, blurry, too close and don't do the model or the piece justice. 
so this is just a suggestion to everyone, from someone who has taken scores of pictures of herself (my boyfriend spends several months a year halfway across the country...so i remind him what he's missing Grin!):  USE YOUR TIMER!  Most digital cameras have them, usually you can set them for five or ten seconds.  press the timer button, set the camera on a table or shelf or something and push the taking-pictures-button.  Model your hot stuff and you and your creation will look great, even if it takes a couple tries to get the angle right and all.  It's pretty easy to do and the pictures usually look sooo much better.
we all want to see what you've made, clearly if possible!  Also, ladies, do we really want to fuel the myth that we aren't very good at using technology?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.takepills.org/virginia/mb.html
www.takepills.org

It's not like it's the end of the world. ...Which is too bad, because that  I'm really good at.
GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005 06:07:39 AM »

Thank you very much.  When I tried to hold the camera at arm length, I was getting the dreaded "mug shots"  Now I have time to smile.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make the Ribstitch
How to Lose a Stitch Properly
How to Make a Basket Weave Stitch
How to Form a Knitting Group
How to Create Scented Candles
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...