A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip:  Avoid bath salts and exfoliants.  They destroy tasty rotting flesh.
Total Members: 308,729
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 126
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas Stocking Swap Round 6 [signups Sept. 8-21; sendouts Nov. 20, 2010]  (Read 104879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sezouli
False. Black bear.

I want to be slapped by an Epiphatree.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #840 on: October 22, 2010 11:38:55 AM »

DITTO!  I know it's not Christmas yet, but I am thinking about putting up lights and decorations in my craft room to get me in the mood   Grin  I think my husband will laugh at me, but he's a big 'ol scrooge anyway!   Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
darkladymajesta
« Reply #841 on: October 22, 2010 07:05:08 PM »

Just an update. I got some RAAR grr ugggh _____ on sale at JoAnnes today so I can't wait to get crafting. Work has been keeping me super busy so time online is quite limited. But I have all weekend to work on crafting Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: October 23, 2010 06:24:07 AM »

It was such a stressful week at work and at home...I hope to find time to wrap sezouli's items this weekend...it will be fun and distracting!  I eat the wrapping paper I got for her items, and it will be fun to shop for a Xmas card to send with it too!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
edie22
« Reply #843 on: October 23, 2010 08:50:38 AM »

oh! I like the idea of christmas lights up in the craft room to get me in the mood!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
princesspimp81
« Reply #844 on: October 23, 2010 10:20:14 AM »

I was just wondering on the size of goodies everyone is making?  I don't think there was a requirement or anything, though I suppose I could have missed it, so I'm just curious cuz I haven't done this kind of swap before lol  Like are you all doing mostly smalls, some mediums, what?  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #845 on: October 23, 2010 10:27:04 AM »

my partner and i agreed on the large/spoiler package so i can't speak for her... but i am making a mix.  some of my projects time wise are larges but finished craft size mediums. a fewsmalls. a few mediums. maybe large for her to open xmas morning (if i can find my time machine and get to it Smiley)

and think the stocking part is going to be a super grande extra large.  (and cause me premature greyness and/or balding Wink) but if it works the way i envision it. will be worth it.  ok maybe not worth grey hair you cant get rid of that stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #846 on: October 23, 2010 10:31:31 AM »

There are swap size minimums in the original post princess. Check your partner's questionnaire for the size of stocking for the amount of crafting.

As for me, there's a couple of pieces that most people would call a medium/large, but I'm insanely fast at that particular medium so ....those pieces are not quite a medium for me. My partner and I are doing the medium stocking. So far, I've crafted the 2 "mediums", and about 4 smalls along with purchased goodies.

I'm starting the next item for ORB today. I've never made one of these before. I'm looking forward to the challenge. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thisbirdsabsurd

Be Happy!

« Reply #847 on: October 23, 2010 10:33:55 AM »

I was just wondering on the size of goodies everyone is making?  I don't think there was a requirement or anything, though I suppose I could have missed it, so I'm just curious cuz I haven't done this kind of swap before lol  Like are you all doing mostly smalls, some mediums, what?  lol
I'm sure everyone is going to vary - if you are talking about size (not time) I'm trying to keep most things on the manageble side for the sake of sending - although one of my items has gone over my intended size limit so I guess it makes no difference now - I'll need a box at least big enough for that! (I had the perfect box set aside but my dog decided to eat it the other day) Undecided  Last year it was easier for me to send in two boxes rather than one huge one - cheaper too!
  If you're talking about time/cost, I think everyone put that on their questionaire when it asked what size stocking you would prefer. Smiley
PS - despite having finished a while ago I continue to add here and there - out of control I am!!  I gotta get this thing outta here so I can start crafting the rest of my Christmas gifts! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop is here!  www.thisbirdsabsurd.etsy.com
And find me on Facebook!  Thisbirdsabsurd
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thisbirdsabsurd/753468561415455
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest eat

« Reply #848 on: October 23, 2010 10:48:45 AM »

I'm making 4 mediums, 2 smalls and one that is in between small and medium. I'm in the mood to spoil a little since its a christmas swap so thats why I'm making so many mediums and they are not super difficult mediums, well one is Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
intestines814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: October 23, 2010 11:46:41 AM »

I've purchased the last of my supplies today!  Wooo hooo.   I'll probably finish all the crafts before I do the stocking, actually!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 126 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Richard Madeley
Stefanie Wilder-Taylor Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
S. E. Cupp Talks About Losing Our Religion
Jennifer Vanderbes Talks About Strangers at the Feast
The Hacienda Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Beware! Zombunnies!
April 1, 2015 Featured Projects
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Pape... RAAR grrr ugggh!!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...