A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
815 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Phinal Swing Before the Ring  (Read 2005 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2010 11:23:17 AM »

My friend's sister is the Maid of Honor in a wedding next month. She asked if I would make shirts for the Bachelorette Pary.
They will be going to a Phillies game Sept 18 and everyone going has a shirt, 10 of them, whew!
She bought all the supplies and had the ideas. She wanted the fronts of all the shirts to say "Final Swing Before the Ring" with a baseball. She wasn't sure of the font so I suggested a font that looks like the Phillies' logo. She liked this idea so I had to find this font.  Turns out MLB does not share the fonts it's teams use...wack! So I just had to look at their jersey's and wing it! As I was looking around for the font, I realized that whenever possible the Phillies will change an "F" in the beginning of a word to "Ph". I asked if she'd rather the shirts say "Phinal Swing Before the Ring" and she loved that idea too!
On the back of the shirts she requested a cursive font with 6 shirts saying "Katherine's Bachlorette Party" and the others said "Bride to Be", "Maid of Honor", Sister of the Bride" and "Future Sister in Law" respectively.
I was excited to make these shirts because I've never done anything in such a large quanity or that I would be paid for!
Of course the week after she brought this project to me, we were offered overtime at work. We aren't offered OT very often so when we are, I like to take as much advantage of it as possible! So for a few weeks I was working 12 hours a day (except weekends of course) so I didn't have a lot of time to work on the shirts. I tried to get as much done on the weekends as I could.
I gave her 6 of the shirts yesterday and I finished the other 4 last night and they are waiting in my car to be mailed after work today.
I've done other image reproduction things on shirts before but never anything like this. I always just used freezer paper to make stencils but since you can only use freezer paper once, I had to find something better! I used those plastic sheets that you put report pages in during high school LOL
They worked really well, I just cut the stencils out with an exacto knife, used a spray adhesive to stick them onto the shirts and then painted away. I did have to be careful pulling the stencils off so that the plastic didn't tear but it was WAY better than cutting out 20 stencils!!
I had quite a production line going in my apartment with one area for stenciling the backs, one for drying, one for stenciling the fronts, one for touching up the fronts and one for adding on the baseball and the final drying. It looked like a tshirt graveyard in there LOL
My boyfriend came over yesterday and as soon as he got to the top of the stairs he said "they look like Phillies shirts". That made me SOO happy because that is exactly what I was going for!  Grin
They are going to the game next Saturday and I am hoping that 10 girls in matching shirts get on tv!!
I don't have pictures of all the shirts, just the last 4.

I don't want to see my exacto knife for a while!!
Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010 11:29:04 AM »

Oh wow, these look awesome! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010 01:13:20 PM »

These look great!  Especially to all be hand stenciled.  So neat and consistent.  I threw a bachelorette party for my best friend last year and rummaged through a thousand books and websites trying to find a relevant, cute "slogan" I could personalize.  I never did figure one out.  I love "Phinal Swing Before the Ring!"  I also know how much work these "mass" productions are, as I've done similar projects.  You need stamina.  And a looming deadline usually helps too!  (At least for me.)  Cheesy  Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellybean89
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010 02:05:52 PM »

These are amazing! Very professional Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ameliaface
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010 04:17:35 PM »

The font looks awesome and there are NO visible mistakes! This rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pennydreadfull

Craft or Die \m/

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010 07:46:39 AM »

aww thank you guys soo much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters - Francisco Goya

Always willing to do personal swaps!
http://pinterest.com/jamietoohey/
Instagram - jamietoohey
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stretch
How to do the cow face stretch
How To Write Query Letters
Gerbera Daisies from Afloral & How To Use Them
How to Make a Calla Lily Boutonniere
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...