A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,869
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Yarn Bombing-Along  (Read 9426 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hattr
« on: September 06, 2010 08:29:36 PM »

So I thought it would be fun to start a yarn bomb along- is anyone else interested? We could talk about the yarn bombs we're making and post pictures once we completed a project,  Wink This would also be a great way to get rid of your stashes of yarn,  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013 05:47:08 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Boupie

Attack of the HUGE crabs!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010 08:47:05 PM »

Hattr ~ I love this idea but I know I am totally intimidated about doing this in public. Maybe if you wanted to start small then more people would be willing to try and not be afraid to try.

Have you done any that you want to share? Or some hints to make us all feel more confident to try this???

I so want to do this but I need some gentle prompting... if you don't mind

Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIP: Finally organizing my stashes, getting into soft circuits

Angeling the wonderful FoxySam right now but open to private swaps or pen-pals in the future!

11/50 books in 2010

This school year started way too soon for me.

The Sketchbook Project: Science project gone wrong
crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010 07:26:59 PM »

YES! I am so in. But, maybe for the people who want to but don't know where to start, give suggestions/examples?
Like, everyone tag a lamp post, or everyone tag a statue, etc. Just suggestions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
katara
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010 03:51:47 AM »

Could you please explain what a 'yarn bomb' is? I'm unfamiliar with this term...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010 06:53:05 AM »

Yarn-bombing  is the act of crocheting a piece of fabric, as it were, and then stitching that piece onto something in public. Kind of like graffiti, but with yarn. Some favorites involve making a piece thats about 7x12 inches and wrapping it around a tree, or branch, or bike rack. It really does sound like fun..lol. I just dont know where I could do it... Maybe a bus stop!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty01_87

I make awesome stuff.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010 05:34:28 PM »

Yarn-bombing  is the act of crocheting a piece of fabric, as it were, and then stitching that piece onto something in public. Kind of like graffiti, but with yarn. Some favorites involve making a piece thats about 7x12 inches and wrapping it around a tree, or branch, or bike rack. It really does sound like fun..lol. I just dont know where I could do it... Maybe a bus stop!

That sounds like a great first bomb, simple, fast. So if we do a tree/lamp post/bike rack wrap as the first, when should we post our results by? do we want a deadline to keep things going?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creativity is not being afraid to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." -Scott Adams
katara
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2010 04:06:12 AM »

Thanks for the explanation! Seems like quite an interesting concept - just wish I had time for this! Will be keeping tabs on what you guys do though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hattr
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010 05:32:18 AM »

Hmm... That sounds like a great first project everyone! I was thinking about making a few to put around my neighborhood at first, then go from there. Perhaps on a tree on the main drive, lamp post, street light, mailbox, stopsign, etc. If you wanted we could have deadlines- what do you all think? Thanks for all the positive input!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Boupie

Attack of the HUGE crabs!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2010 09:01:25 PM »

I could totally do that. Are we going to do something with a given color or theme or just any item that can go around a tree or pole?

I can't wait to start.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIP: Finally organizing my stashes, getting into soft circuits

Angeling the wonderful FoxySam right now but open to private swaps or pen-pals in the future!

11/50 books in 2010

This school year started way too soon for me.

The Sketchbook Project: Science project gone wrong
that1girl
i want to learn every craft there is

crafting for the fun of it

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2010 07:57:06 AM »

love it  Cheesy
my first yarn bombing wasn't much of a bombing. i asked the owner of a coffee shop where my knitting group mets if i could decorate his back patio area. i was a little afraid to do it for real in public.

I want to do the park near the cafe next. i want to make a few fall leaves, pumpkins, and cover bridge rails.

i did this back in may and a few of the items are still hanging around. kids play with the food. and they cut down the tree with the flowers. so i can't put my leaves there.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sherry Lansing: The Role of a Studio Head
Sherry Lansing: Strong, Honest and Nice
Sherry Lansing: The Fight to Make a Movie
Sherry Lansing: A Third Chapter
Sherry Lansing: When a Movie Fails
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...