A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: curtains for the man room!!! and a little rant  (Read 1622 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pazuzuspetals

I look like VENUS...........of willendorf

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2010 12:16:23 PM »

Hello all in Craftster land!!! This is my first posting!!
I have been a lurker for some time now and after seeing some of the incredible, awesome stuff you all put on here, I decided to add one of my own...I hope this isn't going to be too lengthy or too much of a rant, bear with me.
Forgiveness if I don't put this in the right area..I'm still a luddite with the compooter/internets. Hopefully I can get my pictures on here without blowing up something...

My husband is in the military and we live in a 2 bedroom apartment. The second bedroom is SUPPOSED to be office/craft room/workout/man room but really it is just MAN ROOM...it's ok, I am pretty good at organizing so I have come up with some creative solutions.

My biggest pet peeve is when things are put on the wall with thumbtacks, I used to be a picture framer so hanging things up with tacks makes me twitch...some people can do it well...but in this room it's already crowded and the flags made everything seem like it was closing in.
He didn't have any curtains in there and weirdly, they were the same length as the window...soooo...i just put an extra grommet in the middle and hung them on the curtain rod with some leftover shower curtain hangers.
VIOLA!!! It worked out great!

The Gadsden Flag was already washed so it hangs a little softer than the 82nd flag.
It's not really the best, but if you have a man who likes flags (and nowhere to fly them) this might be a good backup plan...

Also, let me add..I don't know if you will care or not but my husband advises to not do this to a national flag..you are not supposed to alter a national flag in any way.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2010 01:13:16 PM by pazuzuspetals » THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hummingbird once pooped on my cat out of pure spite, I swear.
simplyshereena
♏The Confused One♏

What?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010 03:28:09 PM »

That's a clever idea, I just moved into my apartment, and it is in some dire need of curtains. Fortunately for me, my boyfriend has a collection of flags, now able to serve a purpose.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WEBSITE
☯Loves ATCs!
PLEASE "LIKE" MY FACEBOOK PAGE!
☯Partaking Swaps:
●ONGOING ATC SWAP : JANUARY
greeneggsandham

beat him when he sneezes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010 03:46:44 PM »

Great solution! You've turned a problem into an asset. They look good up there!  Don't recognize the flags. Are they national flags?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pazuzuspetals

I look like VENUS...........of willendorf

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010 04:04:44 PM »

Great solution! You've turned a problem into an asset. They look good up there!  Don't recognize the flags. Are they national flags?

thank you! I should've put the other picture up thee (but I'm still new at posting pictures)
the yellow flag is the Gadsden "Don't tread on me" flag, a big deal when they are deployed in another country, it's gotten a lot of press lately but that wasn't the intention for this flag..it hung up in his barracks room when he was in Afghanistan.
The blue flag is the 82nd airborne flag..

national flags are like the American flag or the Union Jack etc...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a hummingbird once pooped on my cat out of pure spite, I swear.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Kinji Tohyama
Tips For Using Type in Photoshop
How to Format a Video in PowerPoint 2010
PowerPoint Video Overlay Text
Using AutoSave in Microsoft Office 2010
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...