A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,769
Currently Running With Scissors:
454 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I can post pics now!!!!  (Read 14570 times)
Tags for this thread: pendant , heart , steampunk  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2010 03:06:11 PM »

Oh wowww!
Those are stunning, you must have a natural talent if you haven't been using polymer clay for long Wink
I especially love the dragonfly, i kinda want one lol

Anything crafty goes...

Rawr like Lion!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2010 03:24:23 PM »

Wow. I love the dragon eye.. Had to Wist it!! I checked out your etsy store as well and you have some lovely stuff in there...

Interested in Personal Swaps..

My Ravelry
My Wists

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2010 03:48:26 PM »

I'm glad you made it to posting status because these are LOVELY! Thanks for sharing!

my hovercraft is full of eels

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010 03:54:47 PM »

these are all *gorgeous*!!!!!!  you're a beginner?  i can't wait to see what you come up with next!

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2010 04:35:31 PM »

these are great!

visit my site: BrandeeBlank.com
call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2010 05:02:57 PM »

this is certainly not beginner's work.  the phoenix I made was beginner's work.  your stuff is more like professional work!  it looks like you've been doing this for YEARS!  you could give Christi Friesen a run for her money!

I think I'll be wisting the steampunk-looking wings.  they're my favorite.  Smiley

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2010 05:32:46 PM »

THe dragon eye is wonderful, wish I could do things like that. I'm still trying to figure out how to make Winnie the Pooh, lol, so it'll be a long time before I reach your calibur.

I hate boxes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2010 05:36:12 PM »

You guys are awesome for confidence!  Grin I really did just pick the clay up in April....I'll admit I'm an info hound and did lots of research first, mostly to figure out what I liked, not just styles but also techniques. I used to design painted woodcrafts so coming up with original things is not new to me but this is entirely different from painted woodcrafts  Tongue I had been thinking about picking up polymer clay for about a year before doing it, it was an itch and was not going away, do you all get those? So in spring this year I went nuts at the library and with my michaels coupons (buying one tool each week!) I really feel like it brings something out in me that could never get to the surface before, I really love this stuff. I love how you get to add things to it and texture it. I really look forward to a couple of years from now and what I might be making, it's exciting.

I LOVE Christi's stuff! I was inspired by her and so many others, I feel like a product of everyone who's ever posted their polymer clay projects on the internet because I think I looked at them all, on flickr, on google. Every single one was inspiring in some way.

I use a lot of mica powders, that's where the metallic look comes from. I really love the mica powders but am going to make an effort to do more with less of it, to have things look more real? I have a lot of learning to do as far as techniques go and patience in mixing colors, but I make up for it in fun lol

One thing I really think helps my pieces pop is the antiquing, I highly recommend anyone who isn't antiquing, to try and get comfortable with it, the difference between a piece with and without is like night and day. And one thing I know I cannot do is make replicas of things, so I don't even try, you've just got to be yourself and make things you think are cool.

Thank you everyone for all the compliments, you all rock! To tell you the truth I feel like I fit in here more than on other forums.

1+2+2+1. That's not six!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010 07:51:04 PM »

Wow! These are all fantastic! I love the eye at the top. It reminds me of a dragon. Really awesome! Keep up the great work.

1,2 Freddy's coming for you.
3,4 better lock your door.
5,6 grab your crucifix.
7,8 gonna stay up late.
9,10 never sleep again.
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010 07:55:42 PM »

LOVE the steampunk dragonfly!

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to use the Tailgating Tool Box
Learn how to Light Charcoal Without Lighter Fluid for Tailgating
Learn how to Tailgate - Shroom Bombs
Learn how to Tailgate - Peg Leg Chicken Drums
Learn how to Tailgate - Spatchcocked Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
November 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Cube Advent Calendar
Thankful for Family

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...