A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,599
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TTTPT Gallery!  (Read 13776 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lady-twatterby
Trainee Crocheteer

Luna Is Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2010 07:39:30 AM »

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHEE EEEEEEEEEEEHEEEEEEE EEEE!!! My package from Louvery arrived just now! You should've seen me giggle and bounce around the letterbox when I realised what had just been delivered! Cheesy

ZOMG! The EXCITEMENT!!!

This is what it contained: a lovely letter, a trinket box (shaped like a golden wingd hat Cheesy ) containing a mobile/camera/bag charm! Cheesy The trinket box will come in really handy, as I've far too many earrings XD I'm debating hanging Mr Fusspott from my Adora Belle clutch, but I'd hate to lose him D:

Close-up of the hat:

And of the Mr Fusspott charm:

I'd just done my nails, and the Postmaster's glitter stuck to the still-moist (ahahahaha) polish:

SO NOT CHANGING THAT Cheesy

THANK YOU, LOUVERY!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2010 11:47:20 AM »

For some reason I cannot see the pics of the first package... but I love all the others!  Brilliant work everybody!

Oh, and I have received today!  Got a notice yesterday saying the package was not delivered because it was too big for the postbox.  Went to pick it up and indeed I was presented with an enormous box...  A minute later I saw the words Amazon and UPS printed (very small!) on the label and realised it was the book I bought recently (and didn't expect until the end of the month! -a book on knitting, by the way).

So I went back home after a long morning of errands (took the day off to pay my respects to my dentist -yeah, big notes are now called respects).  And I found another package at the door!  And this one had an unmistakable flair of TTTPT (the big hint was the family portrait of the wizards next to the address).  When I opened, I found this:

I had to make the jigsaw immediately!  Then I was somewhat puzzled myself that there was a piece... wrong?
The mystery got cleared checking the back of the piece.

It says :"Ah go me own way, bigjob!"  That's Rob Anybody for you, of course.  Should've known...

The letter on the Monstrous Regiment miniposter is cool - that's one of my favourite stories too.  And then there was this little box with something very mysterious wrapped inside...  it was four feegles complete with kilts, swords and beer! 

I just LOVE them!
Here I am showing they've got the perfect size to ride a horse (actually I was trying to show the back detail, but I am still carp at photo taking):

Kimbleshi, thanks a million for the package.  I am delighted with all of it and will treasure it.  I will try the crochet markers/charms too... I must definitely show them off!  Thank you! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
rrrat

little punky rat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2010 12:06:41 PM »

ah, jigsaw is SO cool! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sorry for my english. from Russia with love! ^^"

http://formspring.me/rrrat - ask me anything
http://vk.com/rrrat
http://rrrat.ru - my blog (may be spoilers for swaps!) and my creative writing - all in russian
kimbleshi
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2010 12:19:28 PM »

Yay! I'm glad that you liked it all Grin

Very relieved now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pobble
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2010 03:50:45 PM »

Water bottle holder is excellent. I love the choice of quote! The mug is ...just.... ooo! I like that it's not too cutesy. It's just well-done. What I love about swap galleries is not just how well these things are done, but the ideas of what to do. I just sit here in awe and fascination. (I was trying to think why the name "Aethelburga" rang bells... does the name "Marianne Engel" sound familiar to you?)

I like the tiny Moist hat! Lady "Adora" T, you gonna make it into a tiny fascinator? XD  I'm so glad you got a piece of Moistness since the DWcon was so devoid of Moists this time. Someone really should mass-produce postmaster hats. They're one of my favourite DW symbols. Smiley

And I also LOVE THE PUZZLE!  I wanna know what all the pieces say! I really like Rob going his own way. Winning touch. XD  I would have tried to do one over-all picture on the puzzle out of laziness. That's a lot of small ideas to fill a puzzle like that, but it looks cool this way in pieces or put together. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Whee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aethelberga
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2010 04:52:16 PM »

I love the Nac Mac Feegle - they're so cute. And the jigsaw is so creative.

@Pobble - Not familiar with Marianne Engle, but now I'm curious (Google, for once, was no help) PM me.

On a slightly related topic, I saw a real life Nac Mac Feegle at Dragon *Con. He was just pleased that someone recognised what he was.
http://flashbackmonk.tumblr.com/tagged/Nac_Mac_Feegle
THIS ROCKS   Logged

NavyBlue4Eight

If it wasn't for this anchor...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2010 07:55:28 PM »

I loved your action shot Lady-Twatterby!  The hat is fabulous - and suits you.
The puzzle was a really creative idea.  All the pieces fit together even though they don't "match".  And the Rob Anybody piece was a nice touch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fosca
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2010 10:31:22 AM »

Awesome goodies ladies!
I love that Mug Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2010 11:52:44 AM »

Well, since it's definitely worth it, here's a better picture of the puzzle in all its glory.  Click on the thumbnail to see a big pic!

Argh!  My favourite quote still doesn't read clearly:  The truth shall make you fret.
Now I'm thinking of cross stitching that in a banner or something...  I could hang it in the office...
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010 11:55:05 AM by soorawn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
kimbleshi
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2010 02:36:41 PM »

I think I have a picture where it comes out a bit clearer Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Add Volume to Your Hair with a Volumizing Catalyst
Alexander Wang Reinvents the Ponytail for Spring 2013
Hair Stylist For a Day at Altuzarra Spring 2013
How to Create a Low Ponytail from NY Fashion Week
How to Create a Bohemian Hairstyle from NY Fashion Week
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...