A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TTTPT Gallery!  (Read 14212 times)
Tags for this thread: discworld  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: September 04, 2010 05:47:48 AM »

Cheesy
Peoples have sent!
Get ready to behold the amazing Two Tiny Terry Pratchett Things Gallery!!!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Louvery
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010 11:07:26 PM »

First post in this thread - best package ever!  Grin

The postman gave it to my father who called me (with quite some horror in his voice): "I don't know who sent this package but the sender seems to be strange..it..could be..well..dangerous.."
 Grin

Aaaaaw - a cute cute cute coaster (bought at the discworld convention - or what was it?  Grin ), a nannyoggstyle-stringbag (eco friendly and fair trade! jay! Kiss ) and a letter from the one-and-only Drumknott (come on girls, we love him, right?  Grin) - can you see the tiny Vetinari-stamp? Cheesy [sorry for the blurry photo]

talking about the letter..:

Cheesy

hooray for mystery-packages  Wink the one in front is a "laundered and desinfected" handkerchief (Nobby <3  Grin )
the other one is a beautiful portrait of Nanny Ogg made by O. Chriek (tz tz I have the suspicion that you're lying.. Grin )

what a great package (mine isn't as brilliant as yours  Lips sealed ) and what a talented girl!
Thank you soooo much - and tell us, what kind of pens you've used for the portrait, hehe  Cheesy

« Last Edit: September 28, 2010 03:38:11 AM by Louvery » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lanysmiles
the conscience midget

it helps to smile, once in a while

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010 02:25:32 AM »

Oh wow!!
what an awesome start to the gallery!!
Fabulous package Lady_Twatterby!
Love the portrait!! And yes! share your tricks! Cheesy

Well done on your first swap package too!!
Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rrrat

little punky rat

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010 02:26:30 AM »

wow! Portrait of Nanny Ogg  is really awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sorry for my english. from Russia with love! ^^"

http://formspring.me/rrrat - ask me anything
http://vk.com/rrrat
http://rrrat.ru - my blog (may be spoilers for swaps!) and my creative writing - all in russian
kimbleshi
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010 11:58:45 AM »

The packaging was brilliant Cheesy and the things inside the packaging too of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010 08:11:13 AM »

That portrait is fantastic! I am not sure I would trust that handkerchief, though. :-/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady-twatterby
Trainee Crocheteer

Luna Is Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010 03:46:12 PM »

Wheeee! I'm really glad you received everything in good order! Cheesy And that you like it, of course Cheesy

The coaster indeed came from the Convention Cheesy The design was commisioned by PJSM Prints (which sells a lot of Paul Kidby's Discworld work & signed stuff, etc.) from someone I know on DeviantArt, so I had to endorse it, of course Wink

The Penny Patrician stamp is one from Bernard "The Cunning Artificer" Pearson Cheesy They're fantastic Cheesy

The Nanny portrait was actually done in ballpoint and watercolours XD I tend to team them up all the time Cheesy

I'm really pleased you also liked the letter from Drumknott; I sometimes cosplay him. XD

I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE WHAT EVERONE'S PACKAGES* WILL LOOK LIKE!!

-----
*No intentional double entendre.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pobble
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010 09:04:17 PM »

The coaster indeed came from the Convention Cheesy The design was commisioned by PJSM Prints (which sells a lot of Paul Kidby's Discworld work & signed stuff, etc.) from someone I know on DeviantArt, so I had to endorse it, of course Wink

Oooohh, PM me who! It is adorably and oddly creepy, so much like Nanny, I suspect. Very confused that PK is commissioning other artists, but what a huge compliment!

The Nanny portrait was actually done in ballpoint and watercolours XD I tend to team them up all the time Cheesy

How big was that portrait? A year ago I still would have said watercolours and ballpoint cannot possibly work, but I learned a lot from looking at work-in-progress photos. Mostly by a certain Twatterby, I admit. Cheesy Now I'm a BIG fan of the combination. It's amazing.

I'm really pleased you also liked the letter from Drumknott; I sometimes cosplay him. XD

XD  Can I tell stories?  Please, can I? It would be unseemly for Drumknott to tell them, but I'm not hampered by being Drumknott! *happy dance*

I am hugely excited to watch this swap gallery fill up! I missed being in on this one, and while I'm bummed, I also feel like my head would have exploded if I'd had to think of things to send. To anyone still working on theirs: HURRAY! and other happy cheering-you-on noises! HAVE FUN!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010 02:19:16 AM »

Hehe, while I love the portrait, I must say the idea of how you can innocently offer the handkerchief to a friend in need of one is also making me grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lady-twatterby
Trainee Crocheteer

Luna Is Love

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010 03:05:04 AM »

The 'kerchief had to be wrested off of Nobby, of course Wink Drumknott has personally overseen the cleaning cycles, and made sure it was pressed and ready to smell like it never belonged to Nobby Nobbs in the first place. Tongue

@Pobble: it's not a secret, as far as I'm aware, but I will PM you. Smiley I have two fridge magnets from the same line, depicting Lipwig and Lord V. Wink

The portrait was tiny XD It's about, er, three by two centimeters? The two work together because, while ballpoint is stronger than pencil, it's still a soft enough medium to go with the watercolours.

If you like to share stories, you can, although perhaps this is not the place XD Although the pinstripe anecdote is fun, I have to admit.

Going through swap galleries from fandoms you're part of is always great, but I like that, on this occassion, I'm actually part of this Hysterical Happening.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove the Wings of a Holiday Turkey
How to Separate the Dark Meat in a Turkey
How to Measure the Temperature of a Holiday Turkey
Carving a Holiday Turkey
Learn how to Plate a Romantic Dinner for Two
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...