A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,375
Currently Running With Scissors:
713 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Little Dresses for Africa  (Read 16744 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , africa  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

narcojloleptic
« Reply #70 on: December 17, 2011 09:56:00 AM »

I think you can even make those dresses out of pillowcases. You could even do drawstring skirts out of pillowcases, for older girls
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2012 12:24:41 AM »

I've been getting picked on at school lately from all this. "Oh, Miranda, Miranda.. she helps the homeless animals at the animal shelter.. she sends clothing to orphans in foreign countries.. I bet she feeds the homeless too!!" But I won't let it bother me.. I'm making a difference.  Smiley

I can't believe people pick on you for this kind of thing Sad What you're doing is a great thing. I'm glad you posted this up here. I'm definitly donating some dresses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
Naantje
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2012 01:04:01 AM »

I am trying to do this with a twist. I haven't started yet but I am in the planning stage.

I know several people that want to learn to sew. I don't know how much it costs where you live but here, you can find some who will teach you from their home for $20 per hour plus materials. I want to get classes started, my teaching how to make the dresses is free. All they need to do is bring the fabric for 2 dresses. They will make a dress to donate and leave the fabric for someone to learn to sew that can not afford the materials (or I will make it into a dress).

Along with teaching the basics of sewing, I figure each person I teach will create 3 dresses, the one I make, the one the student will make and the extra one.

Do not let those who do not have a giving heart bother you. I would take it as a compliment, as they see the good you are doing. What you are doing is wonderful and will be greatly appreciated. This world is blessed by having you in it.

By the way I hope you are at least being civil to the homeless. Men from  our church went to Nashville as homeless men, they went with nothing and had to beg to eat.  I don't think anyone from our church will ever be the same after hearing their testimonies, I know I won't. Here is the link to the The Homeless Experience  www.sermonaudio.com

How is this one going? It really sounds as if it's got a lot of potential. Learning a new skill nd making the world a better place, who wouldn't want that?

Do you have easy to make patterns for boy shorts and shirts too? I want to raid my mother's fabric storage (she had so many kiddie-fabrics left from when we were small!) and try my hand at this too. The dresses seem easy enough to do, but I would want to include the boys too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My 50 in '14

Calling all talented witches and wizards to join us in the Winter Semester of the Harry Potter Craftalong.
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012 11:04:52 AM »

Awww you have such a huge heart and what a beautiful gift to those girls! You are amazing and inspiring!! May you be blessed in return for this wonderful deed! I cannot believe anyone would pick on you what a really sad way to look at it from those people they should be inspired to do something too! This warms my heart so much thank you for that I needed something to smile about today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
BlueCookie
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2012 07:30:40 AM »

what an amazing thing youre doing! i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WindingHillToys

Student, Crafter, Dreamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2013 05:20:03 AM »

What a sweet gift!  I am sure those little girls will be so glad to have a new, bright dress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirandarenee
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2013 02:45:31 PM »

Hey guys! It has been a while. I just wanted to let y'all know that the dresses were delivered and they went to help many precious little girls. I was hoping to have pictures, but they were delivered after my Dad had returned home from Africa. Holding on the hope that maybe someone who was on his work team may have some somewhere. Who would have known the shipping would take so long? Haha. Anyways, I want to thank everyone who contributed and sent me dresses to add to the shipment. I know just a simple dress meant so much to those children.. God bless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rossi
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2013 08:37:29 AM »

That's wonderful! It's good to hear that the dresses arrived. You are a true inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stir Fry Food Technique - Chinese Culinary Chicago
Chef school class - chinese food equipment
Chinese cuisine class - food ingredients
How to Make Fried Bananas
How to Make Fast Chinese Food Easy?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...