A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Little Dresses for Africa  (Read 18094 times)
Tags for this thread: dress , africa  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PianoBabay
Piano Babay

Something Wicked This Way Comes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: October 12, 2010 12:17:22 AM »

I totally love helping others and I love crafting. I'm so excited to get started! Would you please PM me and give me your address dear? I'll have you some to send by mid November
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*BABY K*~ I'm open to personal swaps for Harry Potter things, hippie items, dresses or wiccan things. Message me
 You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
 Make love NOT war.
LimeGreenFairy

no i didnt do it wrong its meant to look like that

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2010 02:16:15 PM »

thats a wonderful idea would it be possible for me to have your address to send some more dresses to you i would just love to help! and godbless you! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are going to need more glue. Lots more glue. and someone who knows what they are doing...

crafty wafty you shafty dafty.

my sewing needle is my iron cross.

I has wist Smiley http://www.wists.com/Limegreenfairy
Anofeles
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2010 02:48:28 PM »

I really respect you.
I hope to do something like this too in future.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cozee_hooker
« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2011 06:35:55 AM »

I went to Africa almost a year ago, I went to a village in Uganda that my church sponsors.  I met so many children that wore nothing but rags...I mean they were shirts and shorts, but you wouldn't recognize them and that was ALL they had.  We brought a few shirts and shorts and they were SO PROUD to have new clothes.   I wish I could sew, something like this pulls at my heart and makes me want to learn...

What you are doing is amazing, I hope that you never let the negativity of those around you discourage you from doing good in this world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Just as I am
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2011 07:43:53 PM »

I am trying to do this with a twist. I haven't started yet but I am in the planning stage.

I know several people that want to learn to sew. I don't know how much it costs where you live but here, you can find some who will teach you from their home for $20 per hour plus materials. I want to get classes started, my teaching how to make the dresses is free. All they need to do is bring the fabric for 2 dresses. They will make a dress to donate and leave the fabric for someone to learn to sew that can not afford the materials (or I will make it into a dress).

Along with teaching the basics of sewing, I figure each person I teach will create 3 dresses, the one I make, the one the student will make and the extra one.

Do not let those who do not have a giving heart bother you. I would take it as a compliment, as they see the good you are doing. What you are doing is wonderful and will be greatly appreciated. This world is blessed by having you in it.

By the way I hope you are at least being civil to the homeless. Men from  our church went to Nashville as homeless men, they went with nothing and had to beg to eat.  I don't think anyone from our church will ever be the same after hearing their testimonies, I know I won't. Here is the link to the The Homeless Experience  www.sermonaudio.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just as I am
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2011 07:49:42 PM »

I just checked out the link -- it doesn't take you directly to the sermon. But it you search for Pastor Locke - it will bring it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2011 12:26:27 AM »

Just as I am -  thats a great idea Smiley  If I could I would take the class, I'm not completely new to sewing but extra guidance wouldn't be turned away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Oodelally

Absence makes the heart grow fonder xo

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2011 10:48:46 PM »

Wow! Your efforts are so amazing ^.^
You are such a great person, please ignore those kids at school, they have no idea. What will matter is when school is over and you can say all the great things that you have done ALREADY!
Well done, you are a great role model to other people your age...and older!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~*Come and visit our new collaborative craft blog Hand Made-n's!!*~*~

Can you send me joker playing cards? I am working on a big project Cheesy
My Pinterest | My Blog
Zennic
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2011 02:04:53 PM »

I am sure the dresses will bring smiles to all those girls! Its great that you have used such a variety of colourful fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

imagination:reinvented
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2011 12:37:47 PM »

That's awesome! I've been trying to just raise money for clean water in Africa, but this has such a good impact and will make all the little girls have such HUGE SMILES on their faces!  Grin Wish I could see that! God Bless!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Alysia Sofios Talks About Where Hope Begins
Show No Mercy Book Trailer
Crescendo Book Trailer Short Version
Abby Sher Talks About Amen, Amen, Amen
Emily Yellin Reveals Her Biggest Pet Peeve
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...