A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 306,355
Currently Running With Scissors:
372 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I CANNOT figure out how to assemble the buttercup  (Read 812 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AshtonagoL
« on: September 03, 2010 03:12:13 PM »

So, despite reading many posts, tutorials, etc. on here and elsewhere, I still cannot figure out how to attach the top piece (outer) to the bottom piece (outer).  I'm sure as soon as someone explains it to me I will see how simple it is but for whatever reason, I'm just not getting it on my own.  If you can't understand what I'm asking I can post pics.  So, you have your bottom outer piece facing right side up.  You place your top outer piece right side down on top of the bottom piece.  Here is where I don't get it.  Is that top piece supposed to look like a happy face or a sad face right now?  When I followed the instructions the way I interpret them, it doesn't seem like all of my pieces are matching up.  I'd really appreciate if someone could explain it to me.   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010 05:45:09 AM »

It's more like a sad face (top) over a happy face (bottom) that you force together when you pin it up then sew it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshtonagoL
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010 06:35:15 AM »

Ok, I guess I was doing it right.  It was just kinda hard to pin that way so I didn't think I was doing it right.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshtonagoL
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010 04:22:40 PM »

It's more like a sad face (top) over a happy face (bottom) that you force together when you pin it up then sew it.
Again, thank you so much!  That "force together" part made all the difference!  I sewed it together and it looks just like it's supposed to!  Hopefully I can finish the bag tonight!  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010 04:52:49 AM »

Har-har, yes, sewing does require a bit of force now and then - the way things come together seems to defy physics until you turn it right side out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AshtonagoL
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010 12:59:35 PM »

Har-har, yes, sewing does require a bit of force now and then - the way things come together seems to defy physics until you turn it right side out!
You got that right!  I tend to be a person who has to "see" it in my head and I just wasn't "seeing" it.  I finished one buttercup and am working on a second.  I'll post pics when I get them both done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Steam Rice
How to Store Rice
Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe
Grilled Sambol Shrimp Recipe Part 1/2
Grilled Sambol Shrimp Recipe Part 2/2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...