A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,100
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 'Hey Diddle Diddle' mobile and a little Domo. *updated with completed pics!*  (Read 1277 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

littlemissmanics
« on: September 02, 2010 04:32:47 AM »

I finally got the mobile all finished up just before Christmas. (Literally...I was still crocheting at 11.45pm Christmas eve!). And here is the finished thing.

It went down very well with the recipient, and also with lots of other family member who don;t even have babies, or any intention of getting one...but now want a mobile :0)

It's taken a long time, or seems to have done, but think it may be my favourite crocheted thing ever  Smiley

Bub's eye view

I saw a mobile on Etsy which incorporated all the parts of the the nursery rhyme Hey Diddle Diddle, and decided to make one myself for a friends forthcoming bub. I'm far too excited about it, so decided to make use of the enthusiasm and make things for them. I've not made it all up yet, but heres the main components. :

Hey Diddle Diddle, the cat and the fiddle,

The cow jumped over the moon,

The little dog laughed to see such fun (The dog is based on my own pup..with his own odd feet)

And the dish ran away with spoon

And I made a little Domo for my friend who I don't see nearly enough these days. It was only a very quick project, so not as good as I would have liked. Will have to make an improved version one day.

C&C appreciated.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2010 10:06:37 AM by littlemissmanics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
spidermom
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010 05:41:59 AM »

<3 fabulous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ramblings-- http://friendlyneighborhoodspidermom.blogspot.com/
more stuff--http://www.pinterest.com/spidermom78/
Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010 11:40:57 AM »

All of these are so very cool. A lot of preschools would kill to get there hands on the hey diddle diddle set. And I personally love Domo, I think it is adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

binxpup
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010 10:02:08 AM »

the spoon is simply fabulous - what a great set pls post pics once the components are all together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
veggiechef
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010 11:10:04 AM »

Love these!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
littlemissmanics
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010 02:21:47 AM »

Thankyou everyone...

Its getting more difficult already keeping the mobile a secret from the parents to be....the next 6 months are going to be very long indeed!

And the Domo has been lovingly adopted into his new home. Although my friend's OH may hit me next time I see him if my friend continues to only talk through Domo as she has decided to do. I knew giving him bendy arms would be trouble  Grin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littlemissmanics
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010 10:11:07 AM »

I've updated the first post with the pictures of the finished thing...I know a few people wanted to see it all together. Couldn't hold on until March to give it to my brother  Grin

I made them a knitted sleepy owl too, but will post that in the correct place. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=368153.0  <----- Here it is
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010 10:17:44 AM by littlemissmanics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Player-World Dynamics in Video Games
The Art of Glitch
How to Draw Brian Griffin
How to Draw a Porsche
How to Draw a Blue Neko Girl
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...