A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: McCall's Crafts #3846 - Bunnies anyone?  (Read 3741 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ladyskye
« on: May 17, 2005 08:18:49 PM »

I have completed the bunny, and am now working on the dress.  I started out by sewing the largest of the bunnies, and purchased the fabric for the dress today. 

Click for Details.

It's been a slight challenge for me, and I have decided that on future bunnies, I will be using something other than muslin for the fabric, as muslin doesn't have an obvious right and wrong side to it.

I was just wondering if anyone felt up to sewing a bunny, and dresses along with me?

I will borrow my parents digital camera and take a few photos, when I go over there this weekend.  I'm still hoping that I will get a camera for my birthday.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005 08:24:40 PM by ladyskye » THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005 08:04:30 AM »

oh wow. My mom had a special bunny like one of those. (she died 7 years ago.) When she died my dad kept the bunny and cried with it everynight. A few years back my sissy was having a really hard time so someone made one for her. I was just thinking the other day if my brother and sister-in-law manage to get pregnant and it's a girl, I'm making her one of those bunnies. Didn't know there was a pattern so I wasn't sure how I was gonna make it. Even though I'll wait till there's a baby to make one for, I'm gonna get the pattern soon. Thank you for posting this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
ladyskye
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005 12:44:41 PM »

No problem.  It's good that I was able to help, even in that little way. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom... that's a horrible thing.  *hugs*

THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005 02:13:10 PM »

Thank you for the hugs. other than the lack of obvious right/wrong side, was it difficult?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
ladyskye
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005 11:52:39 PM »

I'm relatively new to sewing... (sewing with any success that is) and I didn't find that I had much trouble with it.  The worst was trying to figure out how to attach buttons for the eyes, rather than the embroidered French Knots.

I would be more than willing to help with any questions or trouble you might have along the way.  As best I can, considering this medium.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyskye
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005 05:46:29 PM »

Today, I cut the pattern pieces out of the tissue.  Whoopie! 

It's taken me a while to get through this part, and I'm debating over moving on to the actual cutting of the fabric part.

While I was cutting, I went ahead and cut the pieces for the next smaller bunny, her dress, apron and bloomers.  (It was\is a lot of cutting of pattern pieces... let alone cutting fabric.)  Cutting fabric is perhaps my least favorite part of sewing.  I am always afraid I am going to ruin it somehow.  I don't spend a lot on fabric, so I am not so afraid of that, but it still bothers me.  As if I'm wasting.

I wish I had a camera, so I could make this more like a tutorial, or at the very least more entertaining to read.  I will see if I can borrow my mom's camera this week, and at least take a few pictures here and there while I put everything together.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyskye
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005 08:41:26 PM »

Grr!

I finished the bodice, and sleeves today, for my bunny.  The pattern is difficult to figure out, and I have had to rip out a few seams.  I've attached the sleeves, and have tried what I have so far on the bunny.  It looks cute.  I'm anxious to get this project finished though, as it's making me feel like a real dummy.

Still no photos, but I am going to hold off on sewing the second bunny, and dresses until I buy my digital camera.  It shouldn't be too long...  I hope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dowdydoodles
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005 08:29:19 PM »

Good Luck on your bunny project! I have made several of these bunnies and I love them. My favorite is the biggest ones. They are big!! I will post a picture if you'd like to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyskye
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005 12:33:27 AM »

I would LOVE to see!  I'm relatively new to sewing, so I like seeing other people's work!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grrl82
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005 11:06:56 PM »

Hey! I made these already!  I know that this is supposed to be a sew A LONG but I just wanted to show one of the ones I've made for, you know, inspiration or sumtin.

This is one of the big bunnies I've made. I used this pattern soo much I'm 'bout sick of it! So far I've made about 4 of the big bunnies, 6 of the medium bunnies and 1 baby bunny.  All of them have clothes too except for one of the med. bunnies.  I would so you a group picture i took of them but i don't know where it is! Blast my infurnal memory!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 01:09:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Product Review: Japonesque Primer Vs. Elf Primer
How to Control Oily Skin
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks
Model Beauty Secrets
LA Girl Brand Concealer Product Review
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...