A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,158
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: McCall's Crafts #3846 - Bunnies anyone?  (Read 3706 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ladyskye
« on: May 17, 2005 08:18:49 PM »

I have completed the bunny, and am now working on the dress.  I started out by sewing the largest of the bunnies, and purchased the fabric for the dress today. 

Click for Details.

It's been a slight challenge for me, and I have decided that on future bunnies, I will be using something other than muslin for the fabric, as muslin doesn't have an obvious right and wrong side to it.

I was just wondering if anyone felt up to sewing a bunny, and dresses along with me?

I will borrow my parents digital camera and take a few photos, when I go over there this weekend.  I'm still hoping that I will get a camera for my birthday.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005 08:24:40 PM by ladyskye » THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005 08:04:30 AM »

oh wow. My mom had a special bunny like one of those. (she died 7 years ago.) When she died my dad kept the bunny and cried with it everynight. A few years back my sissy was having a really hard time so someone made one for her. I was just thinking the other day if my brother and sister-in-law manage to get pregnant and it's a girl, I'm making her one of those bunnies. Didn't know there was a pattern so I wasn't sure how I was gonna make it. Even though I'll wait till there's a baby to make one for, I'm gonna get the pattern soon. Thank you for posting this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
ladyskye
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005 12:44:41 PM »

No problem.  It's good that I was able to help, even in that little way. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom... that's a horrible thing.  *hugs*

THIS ROCKS   Logged
spaz2phreek
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005 02:13:10 PM »

Thank you for the hugs. other than the lack of obvious right/wrong side, was it difficult?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craft till it hurts.
ladyskye
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005 11:52:39 PM »

I'm relatively new to sewing... (sewing with any success that is) and I didn't find that I had much trouble with it.  The worst was trying to figure out how to attach buttons for the eyes, rather than the embroidered French Knots.

I would be more than willing to help with any questions or trouble you might have along the way.  As best I can, considering this medium.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyskye
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2005 05:46:29 PM »

Today, I cut the pattern pieces out of the tissue.  Whoopie! 

It's taken me a while to get through this part, and I'm debating over moving on to the actual cutting of the fabric part.

While I was cutting, I went ahead and cut the pieces for the next smaller bunny, her dress, apron and bloomers.  (It was\is a lot of cutting of pattern pieces... let alone cutting fabric.)  Cutting fabric is perhaps my least favorite part of sewing.  I am always afraid I am going to ruin it somehow.  I don't spend a lot on fabric, so I am not so afraid of that, but it still bothers me.  As if I'm wasting.

I wish I had a camera, so I could make this more like a tutorial, or at the very least more entertaining to read.  I will see if I can borrow my mom's camera this week, and at least take a few pictures here and there while I put everything together.

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyskye
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005 08:41:26 PM »

Grr!

I finished the bodice, and sleeves today, for my bunny.  The pattern is difficult to figure out, and I have had to rip out a few seams.  I've attached the sleeves, and have tried what I have so far on the bunny.  It looks cute.  I'm anxious to get this project finished though, as it's making me feel like a real dummy.

Still no photos, but I am going to hold off on sewing the second bunny, and dresses until I buy my digital camera.  It shouldn't be too long...  I hope.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dowdydoodles
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2005 08:29:19 PM »

Good Luck on your bunny project! I have made several of these bunnies and I love them. My favorite is the biggest ones. They are big!! I will post a picture if you'd like to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladyskye
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005 12:33:27 AM »

I would LOVE to see!  I'm relatively new to sewing, so I like seeing other people's work!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grrl82
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005 11:06:56 PM »

Hey! I made these already!  I know that this is supposed to be a sew A LONG but I just wanted to show one of the ones I've made for, you know, inspiration or sumtin.

This is one of the big bunnies I've made. I used this pattern soo much I'm 'bout sick of it! So far I've made about 4 of the big bunnies, 6 of the medium bunnies and 1 baby bunny.  All of them have clothes too except for one of the med. bunnies.  I would so you a group picture i took of them but i don't know where it is! Blast my infurnal memory!
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009 01:09:17 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come and join the Inuyasha Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=78764.0

Celebrate all things Fae in the Fae Swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=79942.0
impure_purity
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2005 01:30:51 PM »

My mom had made me one of these bunnies when I was just a baby, I still have it, a beautiful project! I may look into finding the pattern for myself. Thank-you for reminding me
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 3
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 2
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver - Overview
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 4
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...