A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WIP Wednesday 9/1 - Show off your in-progress knitting here!  (Read 1318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 01, 2010 02:21:37 PM »

Yay! It's Wednesday and I remembered!

So, I'm thinking my son needs to be born sooner than later because he's totally ruined my knitting mojo.  Good thing I know you guys have lots to share!

What's on your knitting needles this week?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010 03:09:12 PM »

Hola!  You didremember!
I'm getting to the heel gusset on my last sock. Cheesy

The neices wanted pillows next(after getting crocheted bags last month) so I am trying with some purple 'yarn' that is like cheap chenille.  Whatever possessed me to get it, I'll never know.  You ever have yarn that ya just can't get anything to stitch up??  This is one of those yarns.

Started another aster hat in an acrylic multi(bought on clearance). 
Bad judgement in yarn...inability to just say no!

How about everyone else...I'm looking for some inspirational pics...then I cull the yarn and out it goes!!
 Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010 03:54:51 PM »

I got nothin'.

Haven't touched my Kai Mei socks and I'm still not finished with my Citron shawlette.  I went to visit friends over the weekend and forgot to bring my knitting with me, otherwise it would probably be finished now.

Lapoli- no worries about the knitting mojo, you'll get it back eventually!

Kittymom- Sounds like you have a lot going on!  I would recommend larger than normal needles for the chenille yarn.  I think that might help.  Also, maybe the yarn wants to be something else, say mittens or a hat or maybe a cowl or something.  That's what I do when a pattern/yarn isn't working...put it down for a timeout and then pick it back up with a different pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010 05:33:06 PM »

Kittymom13 - yeah, I tend to buy random chunks of acrylic in dollar stores.  But, I have an excuse - it's practice with working with terrible yarns!  (I also bought this incredibly annoying chunky acrylic which will probably take several months for me to deal with.  Chenille is pretty brutal, although!

striker923 - horray!  You remembered to deal with the topic!  Don't worry, you are busy making a new baby - that's enough to think about!  Cheesy

Here are my WIPs.

Franken blanket.  Originally started as scrap blanket and to use up a terribly plied acrylic and wool blend.  (That's the twine/string looking squares.)  It's about 10/36 done.

Life draining vest.  It's heavy, the acrylic is terribly ugly, and I think I'm going to have to start throwing things if someone mentions this vest.  I'm trying to finish most of the back, so that my teacher doesn't yell at me.  (Was sidetracked by lovely real wool, and now have a wool set I'm proud to wear!)

I might go out and purchase another pound of chunky acrylic to whip it up into scarves for charity.  Dunno, if I will, but considering I have school and other stuff to worry about, there's an option to relax and also do some good in the world.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'Swapping...activated')!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
bminks

dum spiro spero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010 04:52:26 AM »

astrangeone- I can't wait to see your finished blanket! I love the colors you're using.

Kittymom-
 wow, you've got a lot going on! I can't wait to see the socks.

Striker- that's too bad you forgot your knitting. Hope you had fun at your friends, though!

Even though wip Wednesday is technically over, I just now got around to taking pictures of my wip. I'm a total slacker.

Still working on my vest. I finished the left front panel and cast off with waste yarn. I'm a little on the petite side and have a feeling the armholes are going to be a little big. I also got to the shoulders on the back panel. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the back by the end of the week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010 05:36:15 AM »

Pretties!...lovin' the vest in yellow and I like the 'franken-blanket'...too funny! Cheesy

I'm glad I'm not the only one dealing w/ acrylic...my dh says I've turned into a yarn snob...well, so be it!  I can sure feel the difference!  The chenille has been hangin' around for years and I'm just doing a simple triange square increase at the beginning...two sides, and I'm thinking of mixing it with some colorful eyelash yarn I spotted last week second-hand(if they still have it).  The neices will like it as they are 6 and 8 y/o.  I'll post pics next week and have a new project from our knit guild, a block-of-the-month square.  Sock will be finished and new Aster hat will be finished.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
striker923

Rogues do it from behind

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010 07:36:07 AM »

Great start to a blanket, and thanks for the pic of the waistcoat!  Everyone looks like they've been keeping busy.

I really like the WIP Wednesday threads...I think they help me stay motivated on my own projects  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010 08:01:54 AM »

I'll get pics up later tonight but the BSJ I've posted before...I (mostly) finished it last night. So why mention it in a WIP thread? Well, it still needs buttons - probably bobble or some other "fiber" button.. but I can't decide if the hood is right or needs to be frogged & re-done. I'm thinking when I picked up the stitches for the hood, I picked up too much in front (not the number of stitches, but where I did the pick up) so it looks like it's going to totally cover the baby's head & face. Or maybe it's fine and I'm just not used to how unworn hoods look like.  Roll Eyes

excuse me while I'm go search for 'fiber-y' buttons
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 08:10:59 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bminks

dum spiro spero

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010 10:04:33 AM »

Thread or yarn- Your BSJ looks adorable! Have you ever tried making Dorset buttons? That's one kind of fiber button I've always wanted to try.
Here's a tute if you haven't seen them before:

http://www.craftstylish.com/item/42688/how-to-make-dorset-buttons
THIS ROCKS   Logged

astrangeone
The Paper Alchemist

Fueled by the scent of rubber shavings....

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010 10:38:44 AM »

Thanks for all the love on my franken blanket!  It's going to be great - as soon as I use up all the terrible wool...I swear, the company that plied this stuff is evil.  (It's not holding up, so, I'm knitting it into different things...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I handcarve stamps, knit and have organic catnip.

Got shopping?:  http://www.shophandmade.com/Store/Madstamps

Personal preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'Swapping...activated')!

Looking for:  ATCs, some dry non-sanded grout mix

Got a 3DS?  I can clear save data from your games!  (Including RE Mercs 3D.)
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Matthew Van Fleet Discusses the Concepts Behind His Books Cat and Dog
Author John Ruane Discusses His Inspiring New Book Parish the Thought
Author Matthew Aaron Goodman Discusses the Inspiration Behind His Book
Christopher Rice on His Book Blind Fall
Jennifer Weiner Discusses Goodnight Nobody
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...