This project is 99% stash made
I did go and buy the blue bias binding for the edge as I did not have enough of one colour to make 3.6m of binding, and did not want to piece it. The bias binding was 5cm wide.
The front was a lego mat in a former life. It is about a metre across.
I made the backing from bits and pieces.
I cobbled together 6 strips of leftover wadding.
Then I took a deep breath, dropped the feed dogs and machine quilted it.
I used hand-quilting thread because that's all I had.
I used all of my safety pins to hold it together.
First I went along the straight line in the middle. That was ok, so I did some wavy lines. Then I thought, "this is easy!" so I started going around the cats and whales etc. I think it turned out very nicely, and I am giving it to my friend at her baby shower this afternoon!
Mum helped me to sew on the binding because she has a walking foot, and it meant the binding did not have any nasty kinks in it.