A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 303,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love Musicals Swap Gallery  (Read 12697 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2009 03:14:57 AM »

Oh! I have some wonderful goodies to share!  I hope people do stop by to gaze at the wonder that is the crafty goodness of fluffypants!

The karma police have been watching me - knowing that I had completely dropped the bundle during this swap, they did not let me receive my package from fluffypants until I had organised mine to send to her.  I had just picked up the last bits to put in her package and I got home to find her package for me waiting there!  Yay!

Here we go:
My husband is a mad ice hockey fan, but living in Australia gives very little opportunity to play or watch his favourite sport.  When he heard my new swap partner was from Canada, he got very excited and asked if she could send some ice hockey stuff over for him.  She obliged in a very big way and his reaction of "Phwoar!!!!!" when he opened his bits was priceless!  His eyes and smile were wide for ages afterwards!
Here is his haul: Canadian hockey beanie, rangers drink holder and coaster and Soo Greyhounds button.

And him just after opening the package, his head buried in the hockey record:

Now that he is all taken care of... my haul!  Firstly, a mug with the famous Wicked! pic painted onto it... awesome-ness...

I drink tea all the time, so it's already had a run tonight.  Then, cherry lip balm, with Rizzo in the lid...  and Canadian pencils...

And now, get ready to be jealous all Scrubs fans...  the most fantastic bag in the whole, wide world...

Bahahahaha!  I love it!  Here's a pic of the inside and gorgeous fabric fluffypants used for the lining...

Super-duper magnificent awesomeness!  I had an idea that we could use this for a nappy bag when our prodigy arrives in December (hence the reason my head has been all over the place and I'm extremely late sending my package out!!) and my husband agrees.  I think it is rather apt, and it sure beats all the bags I've seen around so far!  It just makes me laugh so much - I love that episode and this is just so perfect.

Thanks again to the wonderfully talented fluffypants!  Hip hip hooray!

« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2009 05:46:00 AM »

I'm so glad it all made it there in one piece!  I forgot how much I loved the fabric on the inside of that bag. So psychedelic!

One little mishap though- after I packed up and sent, I realized the lip "grease" is orange, not cherry- the oil was packaged in the wrong bottle when I got it from eBay--- whoops! Still smells yummy, though! Wink

« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2009 03:31:37 PM »

Ahhh!  That explains why it doesn't quite smell like cherry!  But it's still beautiful and scrummy - cherry or orange!

« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2009 08:47:59 PM »

Wahooooooo! Prepare to be stupefied- I have received the most fantastic package from sallyb! I am so happy with every last bit of it. My mom even cried after I opened it, she was so touched that someone would put so much care into swap items, hehe.. mom's a softie.

First up, all the goodies!! Chocolate, chocolate, MORE CHOCOLATE! Also, vegemite, some really cool booklets about places in Australia, and a few neat-o magazines!

Next up, the great My Fair Lady magnets, including little magnet paper dolls! So adorable!

Up next, the absolutely adorable Fiddler on the Roof bag (I love the Tevye applique!) and a sneak peek at the large item in the background... Wink Forgot to get a shot of the great vintage bed sheet lining of this pouch- will have to do that soon!

Isn't he the most adorable thing ever?!

And finally, the piece de resistance... the most amazing technicolor hoodie the world has ever seen! My gosh, when I think of the hours that must have gone into this, I believe I was truly blessed with Sally as my swap partner! I love this shirt to pieces, and have already worn it out and about tonight. Cheesy

And of course, I've had the songs stuck in my head all day... which led to this. Wink

Yay for late night 5 minute photoshop jobs! Wink

And one last one of JUST HOW EXCITED I am!

Thanks again Sally, I adore everything! And thanks heaps to kaishabackwards for taking my dream of a musical swap and making it a reality for the lot of us!! Smiley

Now I can sing every time I wear the hoodie...... I look handsome, I look smart, I am a walking work of art...!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009 09:05:39 PM by fluffypants » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in politics so that one day I will not have to be interested in politics.

My eyes are nothing like the sun.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2009 10:32:53 PM »

« Reply #125 on: July 08, 2009 12:15:15 AM »

Hahahaha!  You're a nut!  I love your pics, but I'm so stoked you love the package!  Those tourism books are from the area I live in - I feel it is my duty to inform people of the wonderous surroundings I am lucky to live in!

I think I should make a citation to the wonderful paper doll blog I snaffled the pics for the magnets from:
There are some amazing drawings on here and I was lucky enough to stumble across the My Fair Lady ones whilst looking for pics for the other magnets.

So glad you like it all - I love your pics at the end!  Enjoy it all!

living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #126 on: July 08, 2009 07:03:59 AM »

wow that hoodie is amazing. 

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2009 12:59:07 AM »

That hoodie is awesome!

Check out my new adventure Jamberry
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2009 05:37:21 AM »

It's true, the hoodie is pretty darn cool, what a great idea.  My daughter would be drooling over it (and bothering me to death to make one for her if she ever saw it).

But that diaper/nappy bag?  That is the most HYSTERICAL thing EVER!  The word "poop" is used very generously around our house (though thankfully, none of my children need diapers any longer).  So to see it on a bag like that....well, it just made me laugh until I peed my pants a little.

No, not really  Wink  But it's a great bag and even a greater idea to use it for a diaper bag!  I wish I lived wherever you live so I could run into you and your hubby someplace after your little one is born JUST so I could see you toting that bag around- muuwhahahhahahha!!!!!

This was a good (though L-O-N-G) swap and I've loved looking at the gallery.  I hope other people remember to come back and see the goodies that keep coming in!!!
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

« Reply #129 on: November 20, 2010 02:43:26 PM »

This is a T-shirt with a quote from Bare: A Pop Opera. This is my favourite part of the package because there is no 'official' merch for Bare. Now I have my very own shirt!

I am not sure if you can see it, but it says "daring you to fall...Fairest of them All" in this beautiful silver. I love it!!
GAH! I adore Bare! I don't know anybody else who knows of it. I got James Snyder and Matt Doyle to sign my soundtrack last time i was in New York <3

All of these packages are so great! I think there needs to be another musicals swap soon...

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
A Better Way to Eat Hot Dogs
How to Grill the Perfect Venison Burger
Wahlburgers to Open New Location on Coney Island
Mondelez Soccer Hologram
How to Make Diner Meat Loaf Muffins
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...