A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,923
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decked Out for Deathly Hallows Swap (CLOSED! ~ Sendouts 11/5)  (Read 59226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Britters25

Not authorized to answer that, I'm a banjo player.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2010 01:45:02 PM »

Grin Some of these comments are so funny! I love this group of people! Group hug!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/Britters23
My Pintrest: http://pinterest.com/britters23

"Night has always pushed up day, you must know life to see decay."
suitcase2space
Suffering from an artistic temperament since 1983

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2010 07:23:22 PM »

good lord, we still have to wait two weeks to get our partners! I've already planned about a million possible things! It's torture!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you say 'yes' to a single desire? Oh, my friends, then you say 'yes' to all pain.
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2010 08:12:44 PM »

good lord, we still have to wait two weeks to get our partners! I've already planned about a million possible things! It's torture!!!

I know you guys are all chomping at the bit, but you wouldn't want to exclude any other HP friends, now would you?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
suitcase2space
Suffering from an artistic temperament since 1983

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: September 04, 2010 08:36:20 PM »

I know you guys are all chomping at the bit, but you wouldn't want to exclude any other HP friends, now would you?  Wink

I suppose you're right.  Smiley
I'll just have to amuse myself with the rest of you and take sorting quizzes.  Wink

First one says:
Gryffindor - 13
Slytherin - 12
Ravenclaw - 11
Hufflepuff - 7

The next one still put me in Gryffindor (100%) but my second was Hufflepuff (88%). Then Slytherin (59%) and Ravenclaw (48%). I've always done really well in school (I graduated Phi Beta Kappa, yeah!) but I still can't picture myself being much of a Ravenclaw. Now the only books I read are comics, haha. And Slytherin, I dunno, I'm too much of a blundering oaf sometimes, Hagrid style, but I'm pretty damn ambitious.

Honestly though, I could find things to like about each of the houses.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do you say 'yes' to a single desire? Oh, my friends, then you say 'yes' to all pain.
queenholly
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2010 10:06:28 PM »

Where are all the slytherins hiding? Everyone else seems to be from other houses. I have done quizzes before and I'm usually slytherin, which makes sense to me.

Sure, I like learning, but only because I think it's useful, not because I care about academics or IQ etc. Learning for learning's sake doesn't appeal, so Ravenclaw wouldn't work.

Hufflepuff is out too. I work hard only when I can see the benefit of it, and I'm not always very loyal (I don't trust people enough).

Gryffindor is completely out... I value common sense over bravery any day.

Slytherins have ambition and know how to use their talents and work towards their goals. I think they are undervalued. I'd probably hate the stuckup little pureblood babies if I was actually there, but I'm sure there would be some normal people in the house too.

Viva la Slytherin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2010 07:36:57 AM »

I never bothered with any of those quizzes.  Mostly because I feel like they're skewed towards Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Slytherin.  They ask questions that lend themselves to easy answers for those specific houses, but I've always thought they got Gryffindor wrong.  It seems most quizzes treat Gryffindors like drunken frat boys, incapable of opening a book, and ready to punch someone in the face at the drop of a hat. 

Bravery doesn't mean stupidity.  In fact, in order to be brave, one must recognize their fear, and then push it aside in order to go on with what must be done.  While Harry, as well as James and Sirius, often displayed a reckless streak, not all Gryffindors are the same, and cannot be painted with the same brush.  (Nor can any of the houses).  No one could argue that Minerva McGonagall lacks common sense.  Or Hermoine and Dumbledore for that matter.  Most of these quiz questions don't put you in tough situations either, such as having a friend or family member in mortal danger. 

...After that speech, I'm sure you can tell I count myself a Gryffindor at heart.   Cheesy  Ex_gratia could tell you that I'm not a reckless person, and I am often seen planning ahead for something.  Throughout school, like a Ravenclaw, I worked excessively hard at my studies, and graduated at the top of my class.  But I have also tried to stand up and take risks when needed, and I am fiercely protective of my friends, family, and students.  And while at work as a teacher, I behave like a Hufflepuff.  All students are welcome in my class, and I will teach them all the same.  ...Just like in my swaps.   Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
SevsOnlyGirl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2010 08:31:04 AM »

Very nicely said, jennie! Smiley

My office is very Hufflepuff for students too.  In fact, I am more apt to pull in the ones that are 'lost' than the confident ones. Wink

That being said, I think that I'm a combination of Ravenclaw and Slytherin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PirateColey
Pirate Owl Ship Captian!

Craft hound.

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2010 09:16:12 AM »

Those quizzes always put me within a question or two between Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. I'm totally the flighty bookworm, but more than that I'm always cheering for the loyal underdogs.  Cheesy

Plus- I just love the idea of the founders sitting around, choosing which types of students they'd like... and having Helga Hufflepuff say- "Okay, I'll take whoever is left. They're just the type of students I wanted in the first place. You three are overlooking the best in the lot."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MizzKodak
THE BIGGER THE BETTER

ALWAYS

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2010 09:51:42 AM »

Hey queenhly I am also proud slytherin. Don't fret my dear Green and Silver are the colors for fall!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking For Mystery Science Theater 3000 Stuff Let's Swap!

Like Severus I Do It All For Love

Check Out My Etsy Shop!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/MizzKodaksTrunk?ref=pr_shop_more
ambermoony
Swap addict

I fix things.

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2010 09:55:02 AM »

I think the quizzes are skewed against Gryffindor for a reason - most people fancy themselves a Gryffibdor like Harry... but relatively few actually are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda Swap (Rnd 2): crafting
Doctor Who Swap round 5: crafting

Open to personal swaps~
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How This Author Discovered The Untold Story Behind The Creation Of Facebook
How We Came to Medicate More Than Four Million Children with ADHD
Guide on How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid
A Personal Connection to Cosby
The History of the Cosby Sweater
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...