A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
661 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Circus Party for 3 year olds  (Read 3343 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

giggles1100

They call me Martha......

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2005 04:26:08 PM »

Ok I have searched and searched and not found this topic listed.  I am looking for ideas on decorating  and fun circus type things to do for my son' circus birthday.  I plan on making my invitations, i want to stamp them I got some circus type animals, but I am trying to figure out the best way to make a big top card.  I would also either like to fecorate the front of my house or the front room to resemble a Big top any ideas on how to do that would be great.

i think I am going to make Clown cupcakes, like the ones in the Martha Stewart kids magazine UNLESS  someone has a picture of a way cool circus cake I could copy.

What I am looking for is fun circus tyoe food like frozen chocolate bananas on a stick to make and cute littel bags to give and fun party favors I can craft.  I have until July 3rd  to plan.

Here's hoping I get plenty of ideas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giggles To all!
Heather
50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005 10:46:35 PM »

hi-  i dont think these ideas are too crafty but might help you out.  i planned this theme along with the carnival theme for my kiddo but ended up changing it to nemo.  anway....i had EVERYTHING planned out and heres what i was going to do.  my mom found this 12 foot parachute that was red, blue, and yellow and i was going to make it into a big top for the kids.  other wise you could use streamers and make a tent effect or just use sheets or a tarp.  have LOTS of balloons.....you can never have to many!  we were going to have 4 carnival game booths, face painting, and a "consession stand" the consession stand was going to have pop corn in real pop corn bags, little bags of cotton candy, and little rainbow drinks.  i was going send a huge red admit one ticket that i made on the computer(they came out really nice...i even used carnival font and pictures) along with the invite.  i found this tent picture online http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/cinta_mo_21/pics/circustentbabys2ndbirthday.jpg  and inside the tent i planned on taking a picture of my georgie wearing a clown wig and clown nose and putting "in" the tent and having it say something like "step right up, join the fun!" or "the circus is in town for Georgies birthday!"

i found some $1 plasic pop corn boxes at target and was gonna use them for centerpieces but you could also use them for the goody bags. 

when they got there, i planned to give them a bag for the prizes, tickets for the games, and fake money with georges picture in it. 

for food i was thinking about corn dogs, hot dogs, fries,  chips, stuff like that. i saw these cupcakes on familyfun.com i think...they were caged made out of pretzels sticks or somthing and inside was a little animal cracker.  a circus train cake would be cute...but cup cakes ARE esier.   

orientaltrading.com has lots of things for parties.  you could also make a ticket booth out of a big fridge box. you could decorate with circus posters, pennant flag stings or you could make them some how out of felt.  another treat could be circus peanuts in little bags...but make sure no kids have allergies.  you could make a circus train out of small boxes and put stuffed animals in it.  http://familyfun.go.com/parties/birthday/feature/famf0803_backyardcarnival/famf0803_backyardcarnival.html

heres some more links for circus parties: http://birthdaypartyideas.com/html/circus_party.html
http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/kids-birthday-party-ideas.html

another tip:  if you start buying a couple things each time you go shopiing or whatever...its wayyyyyy easier than buying everything at once. 

yeah.....i go all out on parties as you can tell! hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
greaserspoison
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005 04:20:58 AM »

i'm planning a circus/carnival theme party right now too.and haven't found many ideas either, but i'm trying to use more  vintagey images, like for the 40s..i'm gonna set up a few booths for the kids to play games, like ping pong ball toss, stacked can toss, catch a fish, feed the lion game using a hula hoop decorated as a lion. i'm also setting up a temp. tattoo booth for the kiddos. i'm having some sideshow banner art blown up and i'm gonna have those blocking the areas in the yard that i don't want to get trampled by the kiddos.right now i'm in the process of cutting out and decorating paper cone hats to look like clown hats to make garland out of.my husband wants to create a big top also, but how he's gonna do that i don't know.we also found this creepy clown pinata at party city.i mean who doesn't wanna knock around a creepy clown.haha jk...i do have some cute circus images that are from the 50s that are really cute if you could use them, i also have this great book of circus alphabet fonts that has some great stuff..dunno if i helped any, but my party will be a little bit before yours so if i come across any more cool stuff i'll post it for ya..   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aprilkiss
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005 08:22:19 AM »

for halloween last year my boyfriend and i turned our dining room into a circus tent...we used orange and purple rolls of plastic table top coverings that you can buy at a party wharehouse store...it looked amazing, if i do say so myself.
i don't know if this link to the pic still works, but if not, i'll post another pic to give you guys an idea.
it takes a while to line up all of the plastic, but you basically create a point in the middle of the room to pin all of the 'top' to, and then pin around the edges of the room.  (i know, that doesn't make much sense)
but with a pic you'll get the idea.

we alwasy said that we were going to do the same thing for our kids when we have any.

here's the link to the post...
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30998.msg260565#msg260565

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.zeldasfitz.blog spot.com
"papa was a rodeo,
mama was a rock n roll band..."
giggles1100

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2005 10:29:34 AM »

I saw your link earlier when I was looking for ideas and your picture does nto work, I love the idea of using the plastic rolls I found red and white in Oriental trading  fro $9 a roll  I would love to see your picture.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giggles To all!
Heather
Starla

It's a piece of cake!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005 01:46:42 AM »

A face painting booth could be fun if you or anybody you know is handy with a paint brush.
You could also rent a cotton candy machine from a party rental place is you have the money for it.
Good luck and have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abandoned
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2005 01:53:56 AM »

MMMMMMM CIRCUS PEANUTS!!!!!!!! LOL Them lil orange candy peanuts are awesome and fits your scheme..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
giggles1100

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2005 12:20:48 PM »

Ohh YEah Those littel orange peanuts, gotta get those!  I love that Big Tent  template, I might just use that and print that our on card stock and stampt he rest that woudl work.  These are all great ideas, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Giggles To all!
Heather
aelphaba
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2005 02:51:11 PM »

Since there will be a bunch of adults around, I assume unless you watching all the 3 yr olds and then in that case you are a brave brave woman, you can set up a bunch of games...bean bag toss, bean bag can knock over toss, one of those fishing games, and have a parent man each station and if the kid wins then he can get a ticket to be rememed for like candy or a trinket (heres where all the penny plastic rings come in handy).

You could do a regular circle cake and put froseted animal crackers on the sides and draw pole with tube icing so it looks like a Merry Go Round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
momcsp
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2005 06:08:00 PM »

You did see the Martha Stewart Kids out this month, right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not a fleas breath of doubt...
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Split Toning in Lightroom
Creating an Orange Sky in Lightroom
How to Create a Web Photo Gallery
How to Use the Luminance Feature in Lightroom, Part 2
How to Soften Skin in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...