A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,726
Currently Running With Scissors:
437 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: In Zen - Yoga and Tai Chi Swap - Gallery  (Read 2811 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennilocker
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010 05:34:25 AM »

I know!! She did such an awesome job!!  I'll be mailing out on lunch today and keeping fingers crossed that she loves her package too!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Liberal Tie-Dyed Tree Hugger

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010 07:49:05 AM »

I did not make the buttons...although that is a great idea...if I had the patience for poly clay that is!  I bought them at Michael's.  They had a whole section of buttons in a variety of themes.  I found two sets that were perfect for their respective swaps!

I had so much fun with this swap.  Jenni introduced me to the quilted yoga mat idea, and I knew that I had to try it.  She was great for inspiration!!

I am beyond sure that I will love my package, jenni!  I can't wait for it to arrive!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cklnh
The Cajun Hillbilly Housewife

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2010 09:43:22 AM »

Sorry for my tardiness in posting my wonderful package from Zombie :-)  It's been hectic around here!! Please don't think b/c I took a while it wasn't a great package - it is very much loved:-)   And here it is:

A yoga mat bag and yoga socks.. silly me put them on my hands and thought they were fingerless gloves LOL.. how embarassing!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Courtney P
Wife, mom, homeschool teacher, and artist
My Flickr:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/mommasgoodies/
Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2010 02:55:39 PM »

Ah!  So that's what yoga socks are!!  haha...I would've made the same mistake!  Great package Zombie!

I received from jennilocker TODAY!!!  Check out my awesome goodness --

Everything!!

Check out all that loot!  Cheesy  Everything is laid out on my new quilted yoga mat!  I think this could double as a meditation rug...it is the perfect size!  There are some cool yoga inspired cards - these cracked me up, jenni!, and some hand decorated cards -- here's a close up:

I love the "You Are Here" one and the abstract one is done by Zoe!!  Too cool!

Also there was a cool flower bag with Tarot cards inside, 2 (!!) lotus flower shirts, one bleached, one silky, prana pants with flowers appliqued on the sides, a book on buddhism, a Sark journal (I am not familiar with her, jenni, I will have to do some research!), an om necklace and a Buddha candle.  Phew!  Here's a close up of the necklace and candle (two of my fave items):

AND...Action Shot!!  haha...this is me practicing Crow on my new yoga mat in my new yoga garb!

Thank you soooooooo much, jennilocker!  You made this swap so fun!!  Grin  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennilocker
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010 05:41:01 AM »

OMG! Best action shot EVER!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JacquelineD
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010 09:49:17 AM »

Definitely the best action shot ever! I love that mat, you're right Abbeeroad, that would be perfect as a meditation mat.

Ok, so due to whatever circumstance, my partner has been unable to send out. Luckily, I waited to send my package to her so I still have it with me! I'll go ahead and post the pictures of what I created for her. I was really happy with them, so in a way I'm ok with the fact that I get to hold onto them!

I tried to cater as best as I could to her wishlist items. She said she'd like something for her children so I made them this...

Yoga coloring pages and handmade crayons. Also, some lollipops. Her girls are both under the age of 5 and they practice with her sometimes, so I figured these would be good "instructional" pages.

Next up, a necklace I made with a play on "Keep Calm and Carry On" I thought it was kind of clever  Cheesy I saw "Keep Calm and Practice Om" on Etsy somewhere, and the design for the necklace just kind of happened as I went along.

She also expressed an interest in Buddha and Chakra related items. I know this would normally be called "bunting" but I made it because of buntings relation to the Tibetan Prayer Flags. There's 7 of them to represent each of the 7 major Chakras. The saying is a Tibetan Mantra.

And lastly, some little nic-nacs. She said she liked homemade incense and Asian inspired trinkets. I didn't make the incense but it came from a local store that sells handmade goods (close, right?)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Abbeeroad
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010 02:43:47 PM »

Aw! I'm so sorry that you didn't get to exchange with your partner, JacquelineD.  You still made an awesome package, I love how personalized you made everything.  I think the necklace is my fave, but that bunting is pretty close!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dreadlocklove
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2010 01:35:02 PM »

Nice package Jacqueline.  Despite the troubles, at least you end up with a package you are pleased with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

How pleased can one sun setting make you, if you humble yourself to it?  -Ani DiFranco

Dreadlocklove on Etsy:
http://www.dreadlocklove.etsy.com

50 CRAFTS IN 2014
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ellen Marmur Reveals Her Motto
Stephen King Talks About N
Joanna Smith Rakoff Talks About A Fortunate Age
Meet Author Sean Covey
Gigi Levangie Grazer Talks About Queen Takes King
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...