A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,119
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Week of Baby Onesies Swap - Fall Edition! (Rd 5)  (Read 3031 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

leighi123

The Little Sewing Shop

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010 09:20:39 PM »

I want to join!

And one more thing - I vote for no 'hanes' or 'gerber' brand shirts, both fall apart sooo fast and, they run super small.

I don't think that the org can tell people where to go buy the shirts if they cant make them. Some people I am sure don't have many choices where they live. I might suggest that if partners can only get gerber or hanes then know what size your child wares in those brands Undecided  I am sure that seams fair to anyone who live isolated or cant go to a higher end store for them  Undecided  

I dont have an issue going to a different store or making a few but I am just thinking of past swaps and some people don't sew or have a lot of shopping choices...

True, but walmart has granimals brand, and target has jumping beans brand - both are super cheap but much nicer quality. 

Its just sad to get an awsome looking shirt, only to have it fall apart in the wash! 

My kid also has an unaturally large head, he is 3 but wears a 2T in clothes, but his head is so big that I have to buy 3T in most brands, for hanes/gerber the 4T doesnt even fit over his head but its way too baggy on his body.   He is a weird shaped kid!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittychick
My cuddliest craft ever was completed April 22, 2010. Little man Micah Nolan! He's a happy little monkey!

I'm so crafty I make people!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010 10:35:34 PM »

Walmart also has Faded Glory which is well made and inexpensive.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist: http://www.wists.com/knittychick

New Baby & Pregnant Moma Swap:

Doctor Who Round 3: crafting
cosmo_mouse

Dexter - My best creation

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010 01:32:31 AM »

How have I missed this post?  Roll Eyes I'm just glad I didn't actually miss the swap!

My little one is still hanging in there and is yet to make an apperance but everyone keeps telling me I'll be early (due on 17th Sept) but I think I'll be in for this round. Will just have to decide if they'll be for Dexter, new baby or a mixture of both!

The time line sounds okay to me (baby permiting) and like leighi123 has said it might be nice to add in to the questionnaire if we'd like all individual shirts or be okay with a themed set of five, just to give a bit more guidance on what people want.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jacobsmomma
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2010 11:18:23 AM »

I am just making sure that this swap has not started yet. I really would like to join this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010 02:07:18 PM »

I am just making sure that this swap has not started yet. I really would like to join this one.
No, not yet!  I'm sorry about the delay -- I really wanted to start this much sooner.  But I do plan to start sign-ups by tonight, so stay tuned!

About the shirt brands, I think that's something you should definitely add to your questionnaire as to your preferences (I can add this as a question on the questionnaire), but I don't think I should "mandate" they be banned.  Some people may actually prefer them, or it might be all someone can obtain.  But great point about the Hanes and Gerbers running small -- they do run very small, and swappers should keep this in mind.

... like leighi123 has said it might be nice to add in to the questionnaire if we'd like all individual shirts or be okay with a themed set of five, just to give a bit more guidance on what people want.

Good idea!  I'll add this, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010 03:20:35 PM »

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010 03:23:50 PM by barbolot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010 08:37:08 PM »

I want to join!

And one more thing - I vote for no 'hanes' or 'gerber' brand shirts, both fall apart sooo fast and, they run super small.

I don't think that the org can tell people where to go buy the shirts if they cant make them. Some people I am sure don't have many choices where they live. I might suggest that if partners can only get gerber or hanes then know what size your child wares in those brands Undecided  I am sure that seams fair to anyone who live isolated or cant go to a higher end store for them  Undecided  

I dont have an issue going to a different store or making a few but I am just thinking of past swaps and some people don't sew or have a lot of shopping choices...

True, but walmart has granimals brand, and target has jumping beans brand - both are super cheap but much nicer quality. 

Its just sad to get an awsome looking shirt, only to have it fall apart in the wash! 

My kid also has an unaturally large head, he is 3 but wears a 2T in clothes, but his head is so big that I have to buy 3T in most brands, for hanes/gerber the 4T doesnt even fit over his head but its way too baggy on his body.   He is a weird shaped kid!

I get Houston Geramimals and man they hold up and you bet super cheep...I dont even know who sells gerber LOL...

I am so excited about this swap you will make someone an awesome partner...I cant belive how big Levi is getting..so big and handsome... Angry Foot down...That perfect little boy does not have a big head..he might have a little body he is so smart he has to hold it somewhere...I have to say I would not and still dont see what your talking about he looks perfect to me Smiley sweet little man getting so big
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fried Jambalaya: The New Heart Attack on a Stick
How to Make Your Own Hot Sauce
Outside of The Box: Lucky Charm Pancakes
How to Make Brown Sugar Bacon Cookies
How to Make Homemade Butter Biscuits
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...