A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,167
Currently Running With Scissors:
601 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: October Monthly Odd Holidays (MOH) (SOs Sep 22)  (Read 5742 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: August 30, 2010 12:29:03 PM »

Swap name:    October Monthly Odd Holiday (MOH) Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Jexxican
Sign-up date range: August 30, 2010 September 8
Date to send item by: September 22, 2010
Limited to a certain number of people (optional)? : 25
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
Additional Age requirement? No age requirement (other then Craftster requirements of 16 or  older)

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES/NO   YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES/NO  YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES/NO   YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES/NO  YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES/NO  YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO  YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO  YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO  YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO  YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES/NO  YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES/NO   YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES/NO   YES

Details of swap:
...Did you know that each month is dedicated to something... unusual?  October is National Roller Skating Month!  How cool is that!  There are also holidays celebrating Free thought, Menopause, Moles, Frankenstein, Funerals, Haunted refrigerators, and so many more then I could possibly list.  Go have a look!

This swap is to celebrate those unknown or unusual holidays. Each swapper will chose 6 holidays from the lists provided. Each partner will choose from those 6 holidays and craft 3 small items for their partner. A small item is defined as: by time-2 or less hours; by size-earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks, magnets; by price-$10 or less. U.S. packages MUST have a DC#, and international packages must have a receipt. Please provide both to the organizer when you ship. Shipping priority is suggested but not a requirement.

In order for this to be a monthly swap we MUST have a fast turn around time. Due to the fast turn around time, the organizer reserves the right to not add someone to the swap if there has been a documented history of repeated late sending. Please do not sign up for this swap unless you are prepared to send on time, if not early, and post pictures as soon as your package arrives.

Communication is a must! You must check in on the original thread and the gallery thread at least once a week. You also must check in with your partner once a week. Poor communication or lack thereof will be noted in feedback.  You MUST PM Jexxican with your questionnaire,  received, late sending, and any other questions or concerns.

When PMing the organizer please start pms with the following:  MOH October

For inspiration, see the following:
Februarys Swap Thread
Februarys Swap Gallery
Marchs Swap Thread
Marchs Swap Gallery
April's Swap Thread
April's Swap Gallery
May's Swap Thread
May's Swap Gallery
June's Swap Thread
June's Swap Gallery
July's Swap thread
July's Swap Gallery
August's Swap Thread
August's Swap Gallery
Septembers Swap Thread
Septembers Swap Gallery

Lists of Odd Holidays:
http://www.brownielocks.com/month2.html
http://holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/index.htm
http://www.gone-ta-pott.com/weird_holidays.html
http://www.wellcat.com/holiday.html
http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/customs/calendars/index.htm

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)

Take a look at the lists at these sites for the month of OCTOBER. Please pick 6 holidays you will be celebrating/are interested in. There are holidays for the month, for a week, or for a particular day. Feel free to chose any type of holiday. Some holidays may be deemed as distasteful to someone. Some holidays may have religious/political connotations for someone. Please be aware of this when choosing your holidays.

Do you have any allergies?
Do you have any allergens in your home (dogs, cats, smoke, ect.)?
What do you craft?
Anything that you really don't want to receive?
Anything that you'd really, really, really love to receive?
Do you have a wist?
Any other websites that your partner may find useful for stalking you?
What is your favourite colour/pattern?
What is your least favourite colour/pattern?
Anything else that you want your partner to know?

After being partnered:
Please understand that there are holidays that you may find distasteful or that may have religious/political connotations for you. You have 6 holidays to chose from for crafting 3 items.  The organizer does not have the time or mental faculties to look through each holiday and determine if "most" people would find that holiday offensive in any way. If you don't like a holiday your partner chose, then don't craft for it.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER AND CO_ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

AFTER PEOPLE HAVE SIGNED UP AND BEEN APPROVED, LIST THE PARTICIPANTS HERE AND WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM:

1. Jexxican
2. Najaorama
3. hawkeyes_girl
4. sloanlaw
5. frootiloopz08
6. crazyda79
7. squire_inaria

Partners:
Round robin: najaorama ->jexxican -> hawkeyes_girl
sloan_law <-> frootiloopz08
crazyda79 <-> squire_inaria
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010 12:01:40 PM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010 01:51:23 PM »

Oooh, I will think about this one! I had so much fun on last month's swap, so may have to sign up again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010 01:19:33 AM »

Wow! I've never even looked into a Monthly Odd Holiday swap before, and now I regret not doing so! This is pretty cool! I love funerals, Frankenstein, roller derby and I saw Vegetarian day on the list so this is a BIG maybe. I'm in five swaps currently, so maybe if I get one or two out of the way and I think I can afford this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gebah

this is a test....lol

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010 05:49:06 AM »

last month's MOH swap was my first in a long time....it was great fun!!!

i have a bunch of baby shower favors to make (25) and presents for the mom-to-be for an october shower....if i get at least 1/3 finished with everything by the time the sign ups are closing i'll definitely do this one again!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WideEyedLife
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010 02:16:47 PM »

Take a look at the lists at these sites for the month of AUGUST. Please pick 6 holidays you will be celebrating/are interested in.

I'm just wanting to make sure I didn't somehow miss something.  Are we actually choosing odd holidays for October, or for August, as it says in the swap info above?  I mean, I'm pretty sure it must be October...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010 04:29:01 PM »

WideEyedLife, you caught me. I made a mistake. All better!

Lady Lovecraft, why have you not joined us before? I sure hope you can get in before I have to close sign ups, these are my favorites. And it's just 3 smalls so it's cheap, if you even have to buy anything at all. I usually don't but like I said in another swap, I horde craft supplies so I don't usually have to make purchases for large swaps, either. Is that just me?

You other ladies, please do sign up! You won't regret it! I know you loved it, you know you wanna...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010 08:44:51 PM »

WideEyedLife, you caught me. I made a mistake. All better!

Lady Lovecraft, why have you not joined us before? I sure hope you can get in before I have to close sign ups, these are my favorites. And it's just 3 smalls so it's cheap, if you even have to buy anything at all. I usually don't but like I said in another swap, I horde craft supplies so I don't usually have to make purchases for large swaps, either. Is that just me?

You other ladies, please do sign up! You won't regret it! I know you loved it, you know you wanna...

Yea, I horde crazy amounts of stuff! Basically, a pack rat. And if I do need something I wait till my grandmas in a really good mood, ask her if she wants to go to joanne or micheals, and ta da! She spoils me like crazy! (I don't have a job at the moment... or i'd just spoil myself.) I'm just about ready to send for one swap- so hopefully i'll get it sent in time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jexxican

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010 06:10:07 AM »

[I'm just about ready to send for one swap- so hopefully i'll get it sent in time.
Hopefully you'll get feedback in time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010 03:39:26 PM »

And it's just 3 smalls so it's cheap, if you even have to buy anything at all. I usually don't but like I said in another swap, I horde craft supplies so I don't usually have to make purchases for large swaps, either. Is that just me?

One of the things about MOH's that I love is that you can usually do it stash busting. And the three smalls is so easy. It usually takes me a week or two to come up with ideas but just a couple of hours to craft.

This is one of my favorite swaps. I think this will be my fourth Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
jexxican

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010 07:43:11 AM »

This will be my 9th MOH swap! Ah! I'm a nerd.

So, where is everyone? My first time to organize a swap and everyone ditches? That's not cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Four Fall Fashions For Kids
Back-to-School Fashions Look Like 80s Flashback
4 Perfect Hairstyles For The New School Year
Back to School Fashions for 2013
8 Top Back-to-School Fashion Looks
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...