A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Breaking News: What's with all of the SPAM on Craftster?  Click here to find out what happened!
Total Members: 307,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've got a tree growing in my foyer and it's UPDATED AGAIN!  (Read 33942 times)
Tags for this thread: tree , wall_art , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

coloringmyworld

I want to be crafty forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2010 05:32:34 AM »

Oh! I want one! I love it Cheesy I'd love to put one in my foyer but we share a house with my inlaws and I don't think they'd go for it. Maybe I can put one in my bedroom.
Yeah, it might be hard talking someone into doing that to their house! I know it would be with my in-laws anyways... You should totally do an all fabric one in your bedroom - no painting required!!

This is absolutely stunning! So creative and original Smiley
Well executed and designed also...I'm jealous! x
THANK YOU!!  Cheesy

That looks fantastic!
Thanks! Cheesy

When can I move in?  I like Barbies, too, I'll totally fit in.  I'll even help cut out tree decorations and I can cook.  Plus, you have the magic powers of changing the weather, I definitely need to take some lessons from you. 

You have the most warm and welcoming foyer on the planet!  Love, love. This Rocks!
LOL!  Ha!! It's perfect!! How's this weekend??  Grin
(And thanks, too!)

This is incredibly beautiful! You did an amazing job. Your guests are totally going to love visiting you!
I hope so!! Cheesy Thanks for the compliment!

Totally awesome!  What great work!  It looks amazing and your front hall looks so inviting now! 
Thank you!  You're sweet! That's what I was hoping Smiley  It's nice to hear that other people think so Smiley

The tree is so nice and your idea of changing the leaves is also very cool.  Grin How long did it take you to attach them to the wall? Are you sure you want to do that every three months? haha  Wink
It took a couple of hours probably.  It's hard to tell because I had to quit and take care of the kids every 5 seconds it seemed like!!  As I was doing it, I was like "What the heck am I thinking?!?!" Ha!!  I really like it the way it is now because it seems balanced and it matches my palette so well, so we'll see if I actually DO change it.... I really want to, and maybe I'll do it once for each season and see if it's worth the quarterly effort! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mari D.

i wanna make craft friends!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2010 07:26:19 AM »

I love it!
Really creative and fun idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mariana.

- imagine happiness as a cup of tea in the morning of a winter -

http://thedabs.blogspot.com
Morvan
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010 09:17:14 AM »

WOW :oYour tree is fantastic, you are so talented!  Many years ago I painted an abstract tree on the wall of my sewing room and I thought that was pretty cool until I saw yours! What gave you the idea for the technique?
Bye for now,
Morvan x
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SailorMaat
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2010 03:56:54 PM »

Now that is awesome!
I so want to do something like that now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cealy
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2010 06:07:05 PM »

Promise me when you take the fall leaves off for winter that you add a cardinal! It isn't winter in Canada until you see the Cardinals perched up in the snow covered branches.

I love the tree, Im sitting here with my 17 yr old daughter and told her your plan to change the leaves, her comment, "Let's see how long she does that for!" lol Out of the mouth of teens!

One thing, with winter you can take a few off at a time so it's actually like the leaves are falling off. Same goes with spring with the adding of the buds! lol

Great concept and execution, you have a great eye for balance and colour.
C
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GatbysRevolver

I love you now. Isn't that enough?

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2010 11:37:29 PM »

Love it!!!! The only thing that worries me is if it's easy to remove does that translate into a curious two year old Captain Destructive boy could get it off the wall? And it's Captain Destructive capitalized for a reason lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PuppyHero
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2010 01:37:28 AM »

Ohhh I love it!  I don't blame you about the chair railing, I am not a fan.  There is currently chair railing in my bathroom, I don't get it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coloringmyworld

I want to be crafty forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2010 05:48:55 AM »

I love it!
Really creative and fun idea.
Thank you  Cheesy

WOW :oYour tree is fantastic, you are so talented!  Many years ago I painted an abstract tree on the wall of my sewing room and I thought that was pretty cool until I saw yours! What gave you the idea for the technique?
Bye for now,
Morvan x
Thanks a lot!  This is about as abstarct as I can get! Lol!  I TRY to make this abstract and can really appreciate things that are, but my brush strokes don't ever actually turn out that way  Wink  It sounds like a perfect sewing room addition! As far as the technique, I've seen lots of cornstarch paste wall decor stuff online and have been wanting to try it.  This is just what I settled on and enjoy.  My twist, I suppose!

Now that is awesome!
I so want to do something like that now.
Thank you!  You totally should!!

Promise me when you take the fall leaves off for winter that you add a cardinal! It isn't winter in Canada until you see the Cardinals perched up in the snow covered branches.

I love the tree, Im sitting here with my 17 yr old daughter and told her your plan to change the leaves, her comment, "Let's see how long she does that for!" lol Out of the mouth of teens!

One thing, with winter you can take a few off at a time so it's actually like the leaves are falling off. Same goes with spring with the adding of the buds! lol

Great concept and execution, you have a great eye for balance and colour.
C
Oooooooooooo!!!  I PROMISE!!!  I will put a cardinal in the tree!  It wouldn't be winter without it! And ~ Ha! yes, I've wondered how long I'll keep up with the seasons, myself!  I am making myself do it through one year's worth or seasons - that's only 4 times changing....I think I can do it. And FANTASTIC idea about taking a few things off at at time - that is so perfect!  That takes it the next step!
Thanks for your input and your kind words Smiley  I really appreciate it all!!  Cheesy

Love it!!!! The only thing that worries me is if it's easy to remove does that translate into a curious two year old Captain Destructive boy could get it off the wall? And it's Captain Destructive capitalized for a reason lol.
Well.....I have a  very curious 3 year old daughter and she hasn't figured out that she can rip them off yet.  It dries pretty smooth to the wall, so he'd have to pick at it to get a hold of an edge....but yes, it's temporary and if he really tries, he could peel it right off.  That's the beauty and the curse of it all!!  Thankfully my destructive wonder of a son is only 9 months and can't reach up past the seat cushions to pull the laundry off the couch!

Ohhh I love it!  I don't blame you about the chair railing, I am not a fan.  There is currently chair railing in my bathroom, I don't get it. 
Okay, that made me laugh  Grin A chair rail in the bathroom?  Lol!!
Anyhoo...thanks for your compliment and your chair rail support  Wink

THIS ROCKS   Logged
K3lly

i heart jellyfish

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2010 03:46:43 AM »

I LOVE this!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps!
Proud Air Force Wife, and owned by 2 IGs.  <3
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2010 07:51:26 AM »

Oh! I want one! I love it Cheesy I'd love to put one in my foyer but we share a house with my inlaws and I don't think they'd go for it. Maybe I can put one in my bedroom.

Yeah, it might be hard talking someone into doing that to their house! I know it would be with my in-laws anyways... You should totally do an all fabric one in your bedroom - no painting required!!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy I talked to my husband about doing this in our bedroom and he thinks it's a great idea!! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy  It will be a while before it's done, but I am excited to do this!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010 07:53:53 AM by llisaredd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
How to Read a Target Using Adobe Lightroom
How to Read a Target Using Photoshop Raw
Photo Retouching and Compositing Examples
Getting More Out of Lightroom 2
Clarity Setting in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
May 4, 2016 Featured Projects
I propose a toast!
Tute Tuesday: Plastic Mesh Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...