A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 309,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
503 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've got a tree growing in my foyer and it's UPDATED AGAIN!  (Read 29119 times)
Tags for this thread: tree , wall_art , craftster_best_of_2010  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wewilltaketothesea
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010 04:05:41 AM »

Pretty! And it's so cool that you can change the leaves with the seasons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

coloringmyworld

I want to be crafty forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010 05:36:23 AM »

I LOVE this tree....... looking around the house now, where can I do a tree?   Very nice.

Thank you! 

this is so pretty! I wish I could do it to my walls, but I have stupid wood paneling. But I do have a pretty awesome wardrobe.  You just gave me plans for next weekend!
Thank you!  I am going to do this on a cinder-block wall in my aunt's classroom, I guess it will work - I bet it would work on paneling! You could even stripe you walls with different fabrics that you love in a few of the panel stripes....hmmmm.... I've got some in my laundry room....I think we're on to something! 
Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

I absolutely LOVE this! (But after looking at all of your projects, that's not surprising since every single one of them is amazing!)
Aren't you the sweetest!  THANK YOU!!!  Big smiles Cheesy

This totally rocks! I saw a wallpaper once that was on the wall right in front of a door (you know the tiny little entries that are closed off by a wall), it was a photography of fall scene with trees and a little path going through the woods. It made the space look sooo big as if you opened the door right into the forest... I've wanted a tree in my entrance ever since!

Your project sorta makes me think of when we used to organize kids' day camp. One summer, when our theme was trees, we had a painting of a huge tree and we printed out tons of different leaf shapes. At the end of each day, every child would cut out a leaf, colour it according to how they liked their day (green, yellow, or red), and they could write something on it if they wanted to. Then all the leaves were glued onto the tree, so at the end of the camp, we had a tree with tons of colours (more green than red, thankfully). During debriefing, when all the kids were asleep, this activities helped us adjust the next day's plans to that particular group.

Anyways, sorry for rambling on, all that to say that I simply ADORE your tree!
Congrats on the great idea and job!!!
Sounds like a great project and awesome wallpaper!!  I've thought about doing that to my far basement wall....but...I'm cheap.  Grin 
I've got to ask - is your profile picture a picture you?!  That's crazy!  I love it!!
I don't mind rambling Smiley  You've probably noticed that I do it too!  Lol!

It's beautiful!  And a really great way to use a small space. 
It's amazing and awesome. Very well done!
I might have to steal this idea when the hubs and I buy a house. It's totally genius!
THANK YOU!!  I appreciate your encouragement!!

LOVE it!  You have some really good painting skills, that tree turned out to be amazing.  Great idea to change out the leaves with the season as well.  Great project!  I would steal the idea, but our front door opens right into our living room, no entry way at all...although, it would look so cool in my bedroom above our bed...hmmm...new thoughts!!  Anyway, this is awesome, thanks for posting it!
Thank you Smiley  I think it would be really cool in a bedroom.  I'm trying to figure out what to do in my son's room.  Something like this, I think.  Not a tree necessarily...  I don't know.  I'm rambling Smiley  So, thanks again!  Good luck with whatever you end up doing!

Love this!!!! Very ambitious, amazing beautiful, and just perfect for your foyer! And it's inspired me to do something like this in my son's room...we live in an apartment, and doing the startching would be perfect!!!!
Thank you! I appreciate the compliment!   It's so easy, it's addicting! Have FUN!!

Pretty! And it's so cool that you can change the leaves with the seasons!
Thank you  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010 05:43:54 AM »

Oh! I want one! I love it Cheesy I'd love to put one in my foyer but we share a house with my inlaws and I don't think they'd go for it. Maybe I can put one in my bedroom.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marleymiss
Only Skin

Stitches 'n' Hoes

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010 06:01:20 AM »

This is absolutely stunning! So creative and original Smiley
Well executed and designed also...I'm jealous! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BernisBeMe
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010 08:13:10 AM »

That looks fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
xperimentl
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010 11:44:03 AM »

When can I move in?  I like Barbies, too, I'll totally fit in.  I'll even help cut out tree decorations and I can cook.  Plus, you have the magic powers of changing the weather, I definitely need to take some lessons from you. 

You have the most warm and welcoming foyer on the planet!  Love, love. This Rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You can't use up creativity.  The more you use, the more you have."  Maya Angelou

My Flickr
My Pinterest
basanos
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2010 12:09:42 PM »

This is incredibly beautiful! You did an amazing job. Your guests are totally going to love visiting you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Geniale
Formerly known as Burgz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2010 12:26:20 PM »

Sounds like a great project and awesome wallpaper!!  I've thought about doing that to my far basement wall....but...I'm cheap.  Grin 
I've got to ask - is your profile picture a picture you?!  That's crazy!  I love it!!
I don't mind rambling Smiley  You've probably noticed that I do it too!  Lol!

Nah, it's not me... it's a body-painting picture I found on google that I fell in love with! I wish I could do stuff like that, so I'm using it as inspiration to broaden my horizons Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Each one of us has a fire in our heart for something. Its our goal in life to find it and to keep it lit. " - Mary Lou Retton
greenishfroggie
« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2010 07:46:10 PM »

Totally awesome!  What great work!  It looks amazing and your front hall looks so inviting now! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anni-q
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2010 04:30:38 AM »

The tree is so nice and your idea of changing the leaves is also very cool.  Grin How long did it take you to attach them to the wall? Are you sure you want to do that every three months? haha  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Valerie Harper Talks About Her Audiobook I, Rhoda
Manology Cover Shoot With Tyrese and Rev Run
Contagious: Why Things Catch On by Jonah Berger
Crafting Contagious Content Using Triggers
Crafting Contagious Content Using Social Currency
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom
Artsy Garden
Meatless Monday: Falafel without Frying

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...