A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,805
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Quilted Laptop Bag (A *very* late birthday present!)  (Read 1364 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

professionalpineapple
« on: August 29, 2010 01:33:41 AM »

My sister starts high school this year, and for some reason, is required to carry around a laptop. Since she's not the sort that goes for the boring black cases or the dumb girly "laptop purses", she needed a custom one to tote her computer in *style*. She picked out the fabric (Moda "Frolic" and the ubiquitous ikea hippo print) and helped me pick out a style to copy draw inspiration from. Since her laptop is pretty much a square, the narwahl bag from greensmart seemed like the best design, and we both liked the nifty zipper pocket on the flap.

Pictures!

It's got two carrying handles, for slinging over a shoulder or carrying in your hand. Yay options! The messenger strap is a bit longer, but I have it tied off so that it doesn't take up the whole picture. My sister is *tall*.

The nifty lapped zipper makes the entire flap into a pocket, for carrying even more stuff. You can see the quilting on the flap here; the whole thing is quilted so that it'll keep her laptop nice and safe.

Under the flap, there are 2 really big pockets for cds and dvds and cords(that red line is the top, and they go all the way to the bottom!) and two small pockets, for pens and stuff.

And the inside pocket is just roomy enough to carry a jewel case or a spare flash drive. Funny story about the fabric for the pocket; I'm currently packing my fabric up to move back to college, and I'd already packed all the hippo fabric away, d'oh! The green leafy print was the only fabric out that looked good with the hippos, haha.

Derpy action shot! It's a little past 1:30 AM, so I'm not exactly dressed to the nines. At least I have pants on!  Cheesy

I really love how this bag turned out, and I'm sure my sister will too, once she wakes up! I owed her this bag two months ago, so I'm glad to finally have it finished for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!
pinterest|wists
BettyBravo
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010 05:22:48 AM »

I looooooove the fabric!!!! <3 excellent work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you've lost your ticket to paradise, make sure you have money for the bus" -Pokey Lafarge
thenorm02
Crafty Mamma <3

didnt know my whole world would fit in to 8lbs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010 10:38:16 AM »

I loves it!! this is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thimbles71
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010 10:49:45 AM »

The bag is fantastic!  And I love that you have a crafster t-shirt on!  Much, much better than your basic black laptop bag!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
professionalpineapple
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010 08:33:23 AM »

Thanks everybody! My sister gave me a hug as soon as she saw it yesterday, so I think she really likes it.  Cheesy

@Thimbels: I wish this was a craftster tee. It's a different kind of piratey shirt, that my ex got me. I've got a bag with the craftster pirate stenciled on, though.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 personal swaps!
pinterest|wists
Adastra
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010 09:21:46 PM »

This is so great! I think you thought of everything! If you used a particular pattern or tutorial, I'd love to know where to find it! Thanks for inspiring me to get to work on beginning my prolonged project. Cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Street Style Standouts
Must Have Boots For Fall
Threads | T.I. Talks Clothing Line Akoo and Introduces Woman Line
Vivienne Westwood Gold Label - Paris Spring 2014 - Interviews & Runway
Threads | A Look At The Crooks & Castles Fall and Spring Streetwear Lines
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...