A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,618
Currently Running With Scissors:
711 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 18620 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: October 15, 2010 12:41:51 AM »

What a great package! I love the kitchen set.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: October 15, 2010 01:26:40 AM »

Wow, that's two awesome packages.
aprons for soap dispensers? Grin So silly it's perfect Grin The whole kitchen set is very cute, and even the kids crafted for it! Wow!
Love the hematite necklace, and the silk painting is great.
This really is a special swap. Can't wait to see the other packages.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: October 15, 2010 03:15:41 AM »

I forgot to post the hand mitt and a stuffed owl that she laideebugs sent also.  I will add them this weekend.  I had to put the owl up mu dogs thought he was a new toy and when I got around to taking pictures I forgot to snap one.  He is a cutie so he needs to be seen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

suzyscissors

There's only one thing I love more than crafting..

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #153 on: October 15, 2010 03:40:18 PM »

Okie Dokie... I just couldn't wait to share what I made for my first package!!!  Here is everything I sent to dragonslair.  I hope you like it all!!

1)   3 postcards from your hometown - I live in Ypsilanti, MI which incidentally is home to a water tower named the most phallic building in the world.  It's true.. and there's a postcard with it gettin' tipsy in Ypsi Smiley

2)   Something related to your favourite non-craft subject - DINOSAURS (are the greatest!)  I made an etched Stegosaurus glass (b/c that's my favorite) and a little fact sheet to go with a fossil digging kit!

4)   5 of your favourite recipes - I included 5 recipes including one for Chocolate Mousse and put in some cutesy choco embellishments that I've used to decorate the mousse cups in the past (and guess what!  It's Ghirardelli chocolate!!!!)

6)   Your favourite fabric - More DINOSAURS!!

8 )   Something that makes you feel good about yourself - I got inspiration from my favorite compliment : "You have a million dollar smile"  Those are chocolate smiles/teeth and may be a little creepy but are very cool too Smiley

10) Something that makes you laugh - When my puppy chases bubbles!  He's so funny and I always crack up!!

12) Something you collect - I collect vintage National Geographics.  I have some awesome copies from WWII and the Great Depression!

13) something related to something you are afraid of/a phobia you have - Wasps, bees, and other creepy flying stingers.  I made a graphic printed pillow cover on stripe-y fabric with a girly pink back!

16) your favourite craft supply or tool - Scissors (Hello, I'm suzyscissors lol) and some hot glue sticks

18) something related to your favourite food - I eat like a 5 year old and my favorite food is CANDY!  Big League Chew is like crack to me Smiley

25) something related to your favourite historical era - I made a journal based on a Women's Suffrage meeting poster.  Who wouldn't love the time when the decision makers of the world finally were allowed to help make big decisions in the country lol

27) something related to your favourite quote - "Sure I can change your oil.. I can tell you the meaning of life too"  embroidered napkin!  Quote from my favorite Classics prof during a lecture on Socrates

29) something related to an issue thats important to you - My grandmothers both had cancer - one breast, one ovarian.  Women's health and disease research is very important to me.  I participate in both Making Strides and Relay for Life so I made some chocolate Breast Cancer Awareness ribbons.

32) something local to your city/state - Michigan Cherry Tea

33) something that represents a major achievement in your life - I made custom post-its with my favorite thing to say when I graduated college... "Speaking as a college graduate..."  Which I only used for subjective silly opinions haha

So there it is!  Sorry there are so many pics here but thanks for checking it out Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tlh878
« Reply #154 on: October 15, 2010 05:13:45 PM »

great package!  I love the stories behind each one.  Thanks for letting us get to know you better Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laideebugz
« Reply #155 on: October 15, 2010 05:30:24 PM »

I received an amazing 2nd package from my partner Quaggy on Wednesday. I'm sorry that I'm late in posting pictures.

I just love opening presents, thank you for wrapping everything for me to open. It made me feel very special.

I unwrapped a lovely mug with a mug organizer that Quaggy made filled with sewing supplies. It's so very unique! and 2 cross stitch kits. And ladybugs on the fabric. <3

Quaggy made a fob for sewing scissors, complete with a ladybug!

Next I unwrapped a beautiful hand painted cross, purple my favorite color with gold overlay. Gorgeous!

Another beautiful cross, stunning!

And the best present yet.... a personalized cross stitch with my name and ladybugs. <3 All framed and ready to be hung in my sewing room.

I also received a tin decorated with ladybugs with buttons,1 book on crafting cards and a card making kit,  that I seemed to have missed when taking pics. I'll add then soon.

THANK YOU Quaggy! I love everything, you are an amazing friend, please keep in touch!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010 05:33:05 PM by laideebugz » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2010 06:22:04 PM »

Very nice stuff everyone  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #157 on: October 16, 2010 08:50:31 AM »

Wow, another two packages that blow me away.
A mug organizer, that's genius!
And suzyscissors, you're very brave to deal with a wasp project that big - I used to have an insect phobia and at that time, I would have puked from panic if exposed to a giant insect. Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ollieorange
« Reply #158 on: October 16, 2010 02:29:27 PM »

I love that wooden tealight holder from the last page!
So I just went to take pics to post of my 2nd package- stupid camera battery is dead! It's on the charger now, so I'll be posting within the next few hours at least.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gingerpeachy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Will swap for heart-shaped buttons

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2010 02:41:10 PM »

I received my 2nd package from ollieorange today.  Its so awesome!  

Lots of great stuff!  An embroidered paper card (that I will frame), matching mustache tea cup (to make my mustache teapot), butterflies (halloween style), a cross-stitch kit with extra supplies (I really did need a needle threader and some decent craft scissors for my sewing box!), super awesome coasters, a heating pillow thing (microwaveable...I get a lot of back aches, so this will definitely come in handy) with a pillowcase.  Here are some close up pictures!

The card!  I love this so much!  She was inspired by something on my wist to make this.

I do a lot of embroidery these days, but never tried cross-stitch.  I'm stoked to use this kit.

Mustache mug!  My partner and I both like mustaches....so much so, that I even have one tattooed on my finger.  The coasters are PERFECT (I definitely needed some new ones!)

heating pillow for the microwave.  I have a really bad back, so this will definitely come in handy!

halloween style butterflies!  I love halloween, and butterflies...so these were perfect.  The sticker is neat too!

There you have it.  Thanks again ollieorange!  You rock.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Understanding White Balance
Pet Photography Tips
Digital Photography Editing Software
Flash Photography Techniques
How to Make Your Own Camera Dolly
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...