A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 18115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 30, 2010 09:12:53 AM »

I recieved my second package from Sandra22 today and i love everything!

First the smalls and extras...

2 lovely tree drawings with foil leaves, its hard to see in the pics that the leaves are foil but they are they catch the light really well.

Next is a horse drawing she did and thought i would like (and i do!)

Some yummy biscuits and a bookmark,

Mushrooms! I love mario mushrooms. The mini mushrooms i will turn into either a keyring or a handbag charm, i havnt decided which yet.

And lastly we have the medium. A beautiful and gorgeous crotcheted scarf. Its a lovely deep purple which doesnt quite come over in the pictures, and then a lighter purple on the ends with sparkly metalic threads. It is really really long, i hung it from the door to try to show you how long. I love this and it will keep me nice and warm this winter.

Thankyou Sandra, i really like my package and have really enjoyed having you as a swap partner. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #131 on: September 30, 2010 12:01:44 PM »

I'm glad you liked your package, I had big swap anxiety about this one. 
I thought I would do a long scarf so you could wrap it around and around yourself in the cold, but I didn't realise how long I had made it until I saw it hanging on the back of your door Smiley  Hope it isn't too long for you - bit Tom Baker, Dr Who'ish there maybe!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #132 on: September 30, 2010 07:24:40 PM »

That scarf is amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
quaggy
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Any day crafting is a happy day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: October 02, 2010 12:41:04 PM »

I too love the yarn choice, also a very pretty pattern.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #134 on: October 02, 2010 04:47:51 PM »

yes, great pattern, and the mushrooms are too cute! Any idea what that guy is doing on that bookmark?

And now that I got rid of my computer problems, I must show you the wonderful first package I got from soxymoron this week. I'm so floored by everything, it's better than birthday!

The first thing I unpacked was the favourite book items:

Hitchhiker pincushion and needlebook - now I knew that package was going to be awesome Grin

Something to keep organized:

Something I've been drooling over since I am on craftster: crochet hook roll, I put it to use immediately, and it makes finding the right size so much easier. So I was starting to think this might be my most favourite item from the package.

Great achievement, home town postcards, something related to family (the cat fabric), and recipes

Love the recipes, now I regret I didn't send some myself. Loved the backstory of the fabric.

And the foto album is probably my most favourite among the most favourite items. It's from soxy's time as a teacher in South America, and she included great pictures and told lots in the descriptions about it. She had mentioned it before, and I loved hearing more about it.

Something related to yarn: Yarn Grin A wonderful handdyed skein. Did I mention I'm addicted to yarn? Grin

Favourite color: glow-in-the-dark
I so agree with soxy on that color, I love everything glow in the dark. My kids are jealous and wanted to claim the pic, but this is mine! Grin

Favourite band: Blur. She painted an album cover on four canvasses, and I love everything about it, the color, the style, the band... another entry in favourite items. (I still can't believe I got this!)

Let me take a moment to thank to whoever included the let your geek out point on the list. Thank you. Because soxymoron made me the single most creepy thing I ever got in a swap and told me more about cat parasites I ever needed to know: Meet the giant toxoplasma plushie.

Creeping me out in so many ways, although it's kind of cute as a plushie...

The package also included some cans of Irn Bru, which I didn't know about before.
Thank you, soxymoron, this package is so great (even the plushie), I still can't really believe all those great things came in one package! Made organizing this swap so worth it! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #135 on: October 02, 2010 06:43:02 PM »

Ok, if all cat parasites were that cute I wouldnt get my two vaccinated and treated for everything lol.
Awesome stuff. The glow in the dark pic must be minta at night! Can I/we get a night time shot?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #136 on: October 03, 2010 04:50:51 AM »

I'm loving these packages so much and am loving getting to know a bit more about all of you through this as well as my lovely partner!

And wow- LOVE the Blur art!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #137 on: October 03, 2010 09:52:25 AM »

Hehe, me too... I'll try my best with the night time setting of my camera, but I can't promise much... if I get a good pic, you'll get to see it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
designedbyiggy
« Reply #138 on: October 04, 2010 01:13:36 PM »

i received!! after having a poo day i got an awesome swap parcel to cheer me up.

My partner sent me a make your own granny blanket kit. she started making the granny squares for me ( i dont know how yet but love crochet and really wanted to learn) making a blanket has been on my to craft list for about a year but now i just have no excuse.

And some little granny square slippers.

i also got a skulls stationary set which will cheer up my cluttered desk at work. And some wool to make more sqaures

And to put icing on the cake. My partner is sending me a book from amazon on how to make granny squares.

Thank you lots and lots. I am most happy. xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: October 04, 2010 03:16:46 PM »

I'm so pleased you like your kit. Hope the book arrives soon.

Now I'm a bad partner. I received my 2nd parcel from DbyIggy days ago, but time has just got away from me.

i think we both had a bit of a problem with the second package because our first packages were so cool. I was unsure what to make and so was she so we chatted a whole load about it, which resulted in me getting loads of stuff I really needed.
Here's the fab stuff she sent me.

Queen - I want to break free earring holder. I LOVE this, it's one of my all time favourite Queen songs and DbyIggy didn't even know (how freaky).

An adorable apron for cooking or pottery. SO cute, she's got a fabric stash I envy.

A cosy for my portable hard drive. Again with the fabulous fabric.

Earrings to match my button necklace she made me in package 1, paper beads as I like to recycle, green bangle as I love green and a rose as I'm a goth/rocker at heart.

Finally another adorable piece of embroidery art. It's so apt as I am forever trying to get my cats to stop playing with my yarn.

This has been a fabulous swap and I have had the best partner.  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Breakfast Sandwich
Eating Illegally
The Perfect Burger Blend Recipe
Spring Entertaining With Bobby Flay
Deep-Dish Meatball Pizza
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...