A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 17575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2010 10:49:44 PM »

Yeah my biggest worry was that my partner would feel short changed. She explained the whole disease free country thing and it made a lot of sense. It's a good to keep in mind when sending around the planet.
did you make it for your partner in mind? did you put time and effort into making it special? would you be happy to recieve it?
Thats the three questions I ask myself when ever I send something. If you tried your best then be happy, heck, I swap for the fun of it! Not to see how much awesome stuff I can accumulate in one go (not that I dont love getting totaly spoiled rotten  Wink )
Relax, Im sure theyll love it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
tlh878
« Reply #101 on: September 22, 2010 09:46:33 AM »

Every time I see that bubblegum_phoenix has replied to this thread I am hopeful she has received and is posting photos!

I got a notice yesterday that there was a package for me at the post office.  I will be going to pick it up after work.  I sure hope it's my package from bubblegum_phoenix and I can post photos tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
soxymoron
« Reply #102 on: September 23, 2010 06:40:16 AM »

Oooh, I've received. Here are my many wonderful goodies from Ruby Copperhead who, by the way, wrapped everything in really cheery napkins.

Her favourite colour scheme - rainbow.

A crochet necklace. I love this! The last swap I had with Ruby she sent me some crocheted bracelets and I've been wearing them so much, this is just perfect. I love how chunky and statement-making it is.

Her favourite way to relax - her Macs and yummy shower gel

A pencil sharpener that does look exactly like an iMac. Genius!

These also represent her region. I can't read the German but the pink one smells of roses and the orange one is citrusy (my favourite as I generally use showers to wake up).

Something representing a major goal - hiking in Scandanavia - a Lordi (band) box. I really couldn't get a good photo of this, Ruby, so post one if you have one.

Something to keep her organised - pill box

i could be more creative with my use for this but I think I'll use it as intended...for pills. The boy's parents buy massive bottles of painkillers in America and we're constantly stealing them in little plastic sandwich bags. Using this will make far more sense. And yay! Star Trek.

Something to do with yarn - Spock amigurumi

How adorable is this?! He's only maybe 2 or 3 inches high. So cute. I think he's my favourite item, except for when the necklace is my favourite item. He now lives on my bf's computer along with a spongebob toy, a plushie turtle and a paper cut out sad Keanu (don't ask...). Spock also represents a major achievement for Ruby - studying cognitive science.

Favourite sport and a new interest - archery and vikings. Again, I'm missing the picture but Ruby sent me a little viking archer figurine. He reminds me of the toys I had when I was younger, such a nostalgia trip.

A major achievement in her life (hehe, I agree Ruby, I hope this isn't the biggest achievement of your life Cheesy) - a lemon..I'll let Ruby explain that one Cheesy

Also shown is a little crochet eye. Both of these are so cute...I'm such a sucker for tiny yarn objects. You'll have to send me a pattern for the eye, Ruby, my plushies would be so so much cuter if I progressed from just using felt.

Postcards of Ruby's town

These are so pretty, I especially like the stone work one. Ruby also sent me a few tourist brochures and said that she can't believe her town has tourists...well...I can totally see why it does. It looks beautiful. The wooden framed architecture is lovely, and it's on a river too. I'd totally be a tourist there.

Something that's important to her - ecological chocolate. Ruby likes to live green and this seems a very tasty way to do it. There's no picture, but that definitely isn't because I ate it all before I took them...honest.

Something representing her favourite book (possibly the photoalbum prompt also?) - the librarian in Paris

I made Ruby a sock librarian (from Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels) in our last swap and Ruby took him on holiday with her! I love these pictures, really made me grin. Next time I go away, Ruby, I'm going to take Spike with me so he can rock out with his cock out (only literally if no children are present) in an entirely new locale. There were a few more pictures along with some of Ruby's kids, who are gorgeous by the way. I want to ruffle their hair! It's so nice seeing a swap item being enjoyed.

And then there were extras

Seriously Ruby, thank you so much for the extra jager hat! Ruby sent me one in a previous swap and it's resulted in so many fights (not real ones) with the boy over who gets to wear it. Now we can have one each and peace has been restored Cheesy. She also sent gloves, to match another previous swap item (do you think we swap together too much? I think not...) and cough sweets made in her town. Phew! So many things!

Thank you Ruby. As always, you're super awesome to swap with and I'm already excited about starting your next package. Oh and you're right, your hand writing is terrible Cheesy. Hehe, only joking. I think I managed to read it all  Grin.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
soxymoron
« Reply #103 on: September 23, 2010 06:43:47 AM »

Oh, and if you're in my group head to the first page of the gallery. The list for the second package is up along with send out dates if you've received already. Let me know if there are any problems!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
goldsheepbowl
« Reply #104 on: September 23, 2010 06:56:55 AM »

My colour for the first send outs needs to be purple Wink other than that, perfect Cheesy

And RubyCopperhead never ceases to be awesome Cheesy the package is amazing......is it wrong i want a Jager hat too? It would go so perfectly with the bottle/tin set i have Wink
And the tiny spock is so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2010 09:30:38 AM »

Hehe, packing this package was kind of weird... we've swapped before, and whenever I thought of something to send, I thought, no, she already got that from me Grin Grin and when I had something, and asked myself, is that representing me or her, it was almost always both Grin

I made a picture of the package without extras, with the Viking and the Lordi box.

It was so hard to part with the rainbow necklace... would have been hard to part with the pencil sharpener too if I hadn't bought several Grin Yeah, little Spock is tiny, and all the time I was thinking I must be nuts to make something with so many tiny stitches. And the thing that does NOT represent the biggest achievement in my life is connected to my writing skills Grin
The fotos were what kept me from sending, I absolutely wanted to include them and in order to do that, we had to go to Paris first Grin
And yes, our town is nice, but so is every town around here, and as the others are even nicer, ours doesn't get the big attention.
Ack, that Jgermeister hat, glad to have that out of the house Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2010 11:03:38 AM »

I <3 that Spock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
Juicebox29
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010 02:18:42 PM »

I received my 2nd awesome package from Naja!

It all came in this cute little box that i can repurpose into a jewelery or maybe toy box!

Bella mittens! that she sewed from a thrift store sweater! that was originally purple! These are soooo awesome!

Lion and lamb finger puppets! I think im going to save these for my niece! they're adorable

An apple! Twilight<3

and awesome fabric which fits into the twilight theme!

I love it all naja! thank youuu sooo much! your second package is almost donee!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2010 06:10:33 AM »

So as many of you know Miss Barbara is a very quick sender, thus I have already received my 2nd package!  Which I love love love!  Here are the pics:

She made me this great granny square blanket in my fav color scheme - white, blue, and gray.

I already used it last night to cuddle up in while watching project runway!  My mom was also impressed by it, I think she is just jealous.

Here are some of the supplies she set me, as you can see I already started trying my hand at the single crochet with some awesome gray yarn, but there are a lot of scrapbooking supplies that always come in handy and headbands that I can use for future headband swaps!

Also I think I forgot to put it in she gave me a step-by-step guide to granny squares one of the things I am DYING to do (but I fail).  But I realized that I need to start small and work my way up!

Also I wanted to take a picture of this because Miss Barbara is so great and searched out for a lilac candle, which I appreciate soo much and it smells soooo good.

Lastly, I wanted to give these credit and not take a picture of them in the lot so here are some earring that she sent me.

I am all washed out but you can see all the detail in the stone, I love them.  Perfect color combo with the blue, white, and gray.

Thank you Miss Barbara, you sent a very, very thoughtful package.  You are a great swapper and I hope you like my package just as much.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2010 11:26:50 AM »

Ooh, people are receiving second packages already! I really need to get to work on mine!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get Thin Eyebrows Looking Thicker
How to Easily Fix a Broken Eye Shadow
Get Hayden Panettiere’s Sun-Kissed Glow from Her Glamour Cover
See Makeup Genius Kandee Johnson Transform Into Hayden Panettiere
Best Foundation for Olive Skin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...