A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,590
Currently Running With Scissors:
793 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 16882 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2010 02:33:43 AM »

Wow, love the map tile coasters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2010 11:59:38 AM »

I received yesterday from Whileywoo, after finally collecting the package that had been waiting for me at the PO, that was agony I tell you! Anyway I love everything so much and many of the goodies have been a hit with my family as well!  Smiley

So first the foody things, Something local to your city- crisps made nearby, which are so delicious! There were more, but they seem to have mysteriously disappeared...  Wink

Something related to your favourite food- Hoi Sin sauce, which I love so much, although I don't think Sarah knew that, she must be a mind reader.

Something related to your favourite way to relax- yummy smelling Lush soap, incense and my fave kind of hot chocolate (again with the mind reading!)

Something related to your favourite sport- I love this one, well I love them all, but this made me so happy. Sarah keeps fancy rats and has entered, won and judged rat shows. I can't believe you sent me a ribbon your rat won, that was so sweet and made me really happy! And I do think it is a sport!  Smiley

Postcards from your hometown- I love these as I collect postcards!

Something related to your pets- a covered cat which reminds me of my cat so much, although Sarah had no idea what she looked like, as she has similar stripes and a toy for Cookie that she catnipped, which she loves!

Something that makes you laugh- I love this it is so funny!  Grin

Something related to your favourite TV, movie or literary character- Harry Potter! I love Harry Potter too and this magazine kept me sane during free periods at school these last few days!

Something you collect- Sarah collects autographs via fan letter writing and has sent me a kit to try it out myself! I don't know who I will write to, but I will! It's funny, this reminded me of when I used to write fan letters when I was younger and used to write to the Spice Girls, although sadly they never got back to me!  Cheesy

Something that relates to your family- I love this so much! I won't go into the whole story, but this is because Sarah's grandmother tells her what is in her garden all the time and birds remind her of her! It's strange how much this birdhouse made me happy, but it really did!

Something related to a new interest of yours- Sarah recently tried silk painting at a local art caf and made me this, which is so beautiful and vibrant in real life, although the pictures I took couldn't capture how lovely it really is. I will definitely frame this and treasure it, as I love peacocks and it is beautifully painted, and I am amazed it was your first time and you were in a rush, you really can't tell! You can also see another of her new interests- jewellery making represented in a gorgeous necklace, which me and my mum both love! It is so pretty and simple and the beads are so 'me'! I've been wearing it since I got it!

And last, but absolutely by no means least... Something to keep you organised- a gorgeous butterfly hook that was decoupaged I think? This is perfect for my room as I have a theme of 'things that fly' and the colours work perfectly! And then there is this amazing sliding book holder, again covered in gorgeous paper! This will be so useful as I have so many books and the colours and pattern on the paper are so perfect! And just look at the gorgeous original Indian coverings on the inside... just stunning!  Smiley

Thank you so much Sarah! This package was amazing, you went above and beyond and now I know exactly what I am going to craft for your next package and cannot wait to start it! Thank you!!!  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

tlh878
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2010 12:10:11 PM »

WOW!!

Another fantastic package.  I love when you tell us a little bit of the story of each item so we also get to know your partner a bit better.

I sure wish the mail was quicker between Canada and NZ.  I am so anxious for bubblegum_phoenix to receive!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2010 12:15:58 PM »

I'm so glad you liked everything! Cheesy I was really unsure wether to include that silk painting, but I'm glad you like it, and have use for it, wether it be framing or sewing into something or otherwise. Smiley

I had so much fun doing these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2010 12:44:54 PM »

WOW!!

Another fantastic package.  I love when you tell us a little bit of the story of each item so we also get to know your partner a bit better.

I sure wish the mail was quicker between Canada and NZ.  I am so anxious for bubblegum_phoenix to receive!!
lol, I thought I had this morning, rushed out in the pouring rain to rescue my 'package' in my jamas and slippers only to find out it was the new phone book! d'oh!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2010 08:20:23 AM »

Totally agree that the rat ribbon makes a great swap item! It's a fantastic package.
Oh, bubblegum, that's sad but funny... probably the package is piled up at customs... I'm always suspecting Australia and New Zealand to be entirely paranoid about their mail because they kept up my first swap package at custom controls forever...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tlh878
« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2010 08:48:36 PM »

My sister lives in New Zealand and sometimes packages to her get held up in customs for what seems like FOREVER.  They have a controlled ecosystem and prevent some plants, seeds and food from entering the country.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2010 07:50:47 AM »

My sister lives in New Zealand and sometimes packages to her get held up in customs for what seems like FOREVER.  They have a controlled ecosystem and prevent some plants, seeds and food from entering the country.

In one of the MOH swaps I sent to NZ and my package was held then broken into. They confiscated a catnip toy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2010 10:31:10 PM »

In one of the MOH swaps I sent to NZ and my package was held then broken into. They confiscated a catnip toy.
Yea, we are pretty fussy here. But its all good. Ive had a few packages broken into, they only really take anything if it cant be identified. Id rather customs were safe than sorry! Too many countries have poisonous things! The most dangerous thing we have here is the Kea lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2010 07:34:08 AM »

Yea, we are pretty fussy here. But its all good. Ive had a few packages broken into, they only really take anything if it cant be identified. Id rather customs were safe than sorry! Too many countries have poisonous things! The most dangerous thing we have here is the Kea lol
Yeah my biggest worry was that my partner would feel short changed. She explained the whole disease free country thing and it made a lot of sense. It's a good to keep in mind when sending around the planet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Smooth Soft Hair Wave
Braided Hair Trends
Crimped Hair Trend Spring 2008
How to Make an Avocado Hair Mask
Beauty Expert: Beautiful Mess Out of Bed
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...