A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 16884 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahj2001
Knitting Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2010 09:16:45 AM »

I got my package from Lunanne today!!!   Sooooo many goodies...I feel so spoiled!! Smiley

Things That are Yummy - Jelly Bellies, Bubble Gum, and Chapstick - Yumm!!!  I opened the chapstick right away and tried it out...orange one of my favorite smells!
Things with Favorite Characters - Her favorite character is Hello Kitty and Yoshi.  So cute little Hello Kitty stickers.

Related To Yarn - Needle Felting Kit and stitch markers - I still haven't got around to trying needle felting.  I really must do it!  I love the pretty pink stitch markers!
Geeky Side - Harry Potter tin, Scrabble Pendant, and Tetris Magnets - For the longest time I thought it was Harriet Potter...haha...I thought it was a little girl...opps..lol.  I had fun with the Tetris Magnets already putting them on the fridge Smiley

Photo Album - She's in a photography club and took many pretty photos!
Represents Hometown - Postcards, Maple Candy, and a penny key chain.  She's from Montreal.  I love the penny key chain...I really like coins!  And Yummy maple candy...I haven't tried it yet but will after lunch.  Smiley  And postcards...I collect postcards so yay!  The only thing I really remember from Montreal is the Giant Orange (Lunanne, have you been there and had that yummy orange drink stuff?  I wish you could send me some of that...lol).

Things that make me happy - Whimsies!!  - Yay...I have to agree whimsies always make me happy too!!  This bag alone made me very happy..lol.  All the goodies in side...it made the kitties happy too..haha Smiley

Stay Organized - paper for lists in different colors, post-its - I'm the same way...I always make lists and love list paper!  The funner the better...makes me want to get my stuff done Smiley
Things in Purse - Super Fun Bandaids, emery boards, and a really really cute strawberry bag!!  

Favorite Craft Technique - Jewelry and papercrafts - She made me a pretty pink keychain and a cool book bound with ribbon and no glue...pretty neat...I never really thought about book binding.
Favorite Supplies - paper and stamps - That paper is really cute!!  Like you said "I can't resist a cute notebook or colorful pens"  hahaha...that's totally something I'd say Smiley

Thanks so much for everything!!  I feel so spoiled....so many fun goodies!
Thanks Lunanne!!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010 09:18:41 AM by sarahj2001 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2010 05:02:29 PM »

first off. my photos are crap... i have no idea what happened.  maybe time for a new camera?

so yesterday i received my package from goldsheepbowl.  and while we have been very chatty this helped set me on the right path for package two.  (which may be in the mail as early as friday if you are lucky!)

see if i can remember what was what...

a tape measure- craft supply...or was it yarn related...

oh wait.  this was all me. these are my fav chips ever. and unavailable in canada.   

notepads ... handmade- the big one has recipes.  and the chicken lasagne will be friday dinner here! Cheesy

pet related... bird notecards...  and you can NEVER have enough notecards

postcards. from her trip around the island.

family-her sister likes stuff like this (and wow.... you should have heard hubby when he saw me in it... who knew he liked flowers?) modelled by the bot's bunny bobo.

a paper gerbera daisy- we share the same fav flower.

favourite way to relax- she likes making tree of life pendants ( and i have no idea why this is so blurry) it is beautiful...

favourite colours (the frame) and fabric (the owl and tree are from one of her favourite fabrics)
and finally her dreams.

this piece is just stunning.

and i love it. and the fam loves it and it is so well done i am so sorry the pics blow.

a sloth-a racoon-a beaver- a turtle and a goldfishy! the first four are some of my fav aimals and the ast is all my partner...

also included in my box but to shy for photos ( because they were already cracked open and put away in the kitchen... some caramelized onion chutney and jams...for crumpets  Wink  )  thanks goldsheepbowl.  i really do think you are very talented.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
goldsheepbowl
« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2010 05:19:33 PM »

the pic of the nesting dolls is great, i forgot to take a full family shot of them all Tongue

I did however get a non-blurry pic of the tree of life (i love gemstone beads they're so pretty, i really do make trees of life to relax, i was at a mates bbq and sat making one in the garden for my friend Smiley)

Tree of life in citrine i think? I bought so many gemstone beads at once i can't remember!!

and up close of the headband (the hubby approved then? Wink) i do love your headband model Tongue
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010 05:28:40 PM by goldsheepbowl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whileywoo
Cats.Dogs.Rats.Cake.Tea.HP.Firefly.DrWho=Happy.

Blue. Lots of.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2010 12:48:53 AM »

Absolutely gorgeous. I'll need to personal swap someone for a bunch tree of life pendants for Christmas gifts me thinks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Gifting helps the heart grow, recieving doesn't hurt either. Smiley

http://www.wists.com/whileywoo
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2010 08:09:44 AM »

I finally got to my package from juicebox.

To stay organized button magnets, 4 recipes and a sandwich cutter, new interest-handmade rubber stamp note cards. LI love these. There are several designs but the spool is my fav. And a keyfob from her college.

Paper book marks from her favorite hobby (i think it is hilarious that we sent each other bookmarks) craft supplies, fun shaped paperclips, Something sentimental, a keychain with a bottle of sand from the beach where she and her boyfriend had their first date (I miss the ocean) and a shot glass cuz she collects them.

Something thats in her purse- hand sanitizer which is great cuz NM (where I live) has the most recorded cases of necrotizing fasciitis or THE FLESH EATING BACTERIA! and no one knows how you get it. You just get a cut and they amputate your limb...but I digress. For an goal she put motivational stickers because she wants to become a teacher. Her favorite candy, purple fabric and buttons, and music note fabric. And an awesome vinyl record bowl. The record is easy rider. Too cool.

Thanks for the great package juicebox, sorry it took me so long to get to it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
Juicebox29
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2010 08:19:17 AM »

Im sooo glad you like it! btw "You just get a cut and they amputate your limb" made me laugh so loud lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
goldsheepbowl
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2010 01:16:04 PM »

Right! Pictures of my wonderful package from sloth003!!!!!!! She is an amazing partner, behold the awesomeness Cheesy

Sloth003 was really clever in the way she did her package, like she said, we can tell a lot about a woman from the contents of her bag/purse, so this is stuff she nearly always has on her Cheesy
This is how it came in the package i was like "huh what on earth"

Turns out it's one of them awesome wrist bags you put the large handle through the short one, it's great i've wanted one for ages (and the green glows in the dark!)

Next, a paperback book cover that's reversable (and i already did i love the tree fabric most) This is the fave way to relax (reading)

Fave fabric design/pattern really cute card holder with some sweet paper inserts Cheesy

The chocolate mint thing is something from her home town a local speciality (which promptly got eaten, i resisted to take a photo Tongue it was delicious) and the lipbalm is something she is never without, it has sunblock in and is vanilla mint flavour Cheesy i'd already used it before the photo Wink

this is favourite drink, a really awesome print fabric coffee cuff (i've also wanted one of these for ages)

local to city/state the Canadian flag patch <3 and 2nd fave writing method a keychain sharpie Cheesy love sharpies, so handy Grin

Fave sport and colour, a covered notebook with a hockey rink embroidery, it's really cute and i love having more notebooks Cheesy

another fave fabric, it's a sanitary things holder "to make the time of the month prettier" LOL! I loved that bit, and very handy too Cheesy

Something that helps her stay organised, a travel sewing kit, with 2 needles some thread and amazing folding scissors! I'm so embroidering on the go now Cheesy and the fabric, again, amazing!

fave craft supply a covered tape measure because they're always handy, I laughed out loud when i saw it, it's really eerie how similar they both are Grin I can't believe we made each other one Cheesy it's really cute, and i was playing with sloth003's before i sent it, so i'm glad i have one too Cheesy

This is the cutest explanation and item ever Cheesy her son found the stone on a beach, and he is her biggest achievement Grin soooo sweet, and so nice that she felt she could share it with me, it's really nice Cheesy

I'm very spoiled Grin i think my overall favourite is the bag, but i have to say it's all amazing, and the bag only just wins Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: September 15, 2010 01:29:19 PM »

Embarrassed  i cannot believe i spelled license wrong...

yikes.  the humiliation.   glad you like it goldsheepbowl... i had so much fun playing with fabrics for you!

Wink

just wait til you see package number two.  it is coming together <SOOOOOO> beautifully...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
goldsheepbowl
« Reply #78 on: September 15, 2010 01:42:42 PM »

omg i didn't even notice that!
I used the bag all day today and yesterday, it's great Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2010 02:03:17 PM »

najaorama, you didn't try to break open your post box with teeth and claws when you knew there was a swap package in it? Grin Lots of cute thingies, and I must say I was stunned by the button magnets - why haven't I ever seen something like them before? So simple and awesome! Grin

Sloth and goldsheep, two former swap partners of me, and now they have fun with each other and not with me, it feels kind of wrong Grin Grin OK, just jealous of your great packages Grin the nesting dolls and the tree of life pendant are too droolable! And I love all the sewn pocket and cozy goodness from Canada! Can't even pick a favourite...

sarahj, I'm so glad you're happy with your package after the shock of being reassigned. Hehe, your cat seem to think the bag must be hers Grin Love that strawberry bag. And what's that on that keyring? Is it a stitch marker?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Plaster Bones for Halloween
How to Make Fun Magnetic Keepsake Boards for Kids
Skeleton T-Shirt Costume
How to Make Halloween Specimen Jars
How to Create Paper Pumpkins
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...