A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 307,570
Currently Running With Scissors:
496 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 24533 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2010 04:59:25 PM »

Here is what I received from Miss Barbara:

1. Three postcards - She is from NY specifically from a part on Long Island

12. Something you collect - Seashells and a sweet piece of sea glass. Like Miss Barbara I too love to go to the beach so these will go right in with my collection.

17. Something related to yarn - a journal decorated with some soft orange yarn, she loves the color orange and stationary.  Best of both worlds!

19. Something that represents your family - she had one of her daughters draw a picture (such a cool idea) of their family and even write a little note.  Very thoughtful.

27. Something related to your favorite quote: "You did then, What you knew then.  When you know better, you did better." - Maya Angelou

29. Something related to an issue that's important to you - Before she was involved with Craftster Miss Barbara was really involved with Project Night Night that donates books and blankets to kids who need them.  P.S. I love reusable bags.

30. Something related to your favorite way to to destress - Food! (Same here sista)

32. Something local to my city/state - A "smooshed penny" from Pt. Jefferson.

33. Something that represents a major achievement in your life: becoming a teacher!  I got a mini mini back pack filled with teacheresque things.  Not sure if you were trying to spell BARBRA?

34. A little photo album with photos Miss Barbra took - I got a couple pictures from Atlantis Marine World.  I will definitely be using the pond pictures for another project - aka decorating my future apt.

Thank you so much Miss Barbra, I am glad that you enjoyed your package as much as I did.  I cannot wait to start on your other package.

(PS Sorry if I spelled your name wrong, I have an Aunty Barbra and always spell her name wrong.)

And here is the lot of things all together:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010 05:01:36 PM by CleanFeelin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm so squishy!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2010 05:18:14 PM »

CleanFeelin, thanks for posting the photos!  Those paper letter thingys were actually labels from the 'Spell My Name' swap I was in!  I figured they went with the "teacher" theme, b/c they were letters (and yes, at one point, I had all of them, and it did spell my name).

I spell my name BARBARA (extra 'a'), some people do spell it the way you did though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://Pinterest.com/LdybgGrl

You can call me Queen Bee!
Or, Ladybug Girl, if you'd prefer.
GiddyUpMunky

Double stuffed baby!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2010 05:35:41 PM »

Cleanfeelin, I'm from Lynn too! What small world!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2010 02:15:13 AM »

So that's a jar of fluff! I was kind of wondering Grin Grin Sea glass, so awesome... I must say all packages are great! The necklace... the ammonites...
Noone worry about keeping up with other packages - remember, you agreed to stay cool if some spoiling happened on you or someone else Grin And some swap anxiety is just part of the process... certainly with me Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CleanFeelin

Crafter's Block = My worst enemy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2010 08:13:28 AM »

Cleanfeelin, I'm from Lynn too! What small world!

Haha Weird but so true!

CleanFeelin, thanks for posting the photos!  Those paper letter thingys were actually labels from the 'Spell My Name' swap I was in!  I figured they went with the "teacher" theme, b/c they were letters (and yes, at one point, I had all of them, and it did spell my name).

I spell my name BARBARA (extra 'a'), some people do spell it the way you did though.

Ahhh I see, I just remember my mom (who's sister is Barbra) would get mad at me for spelling it the way you spell it Barbara, so I make a point of correcting myself when I spell it your way.  Sorry for the mistake.

And Fluff is soooo much better than marshmellow cream, but you can only get it in New England.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
wists.com/CPhelan
Pinterest
pinterest.com/cphelan318/

Current Swaps:
Mini 12 Days of Christmas - Crafting!

Personal Swaps Welcome
designedbyiggy
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2010 11:54:04 AM »

all my pictures dont make my parcel look as awesome as it does in real life so i am using some that my lovely partner sent to me. the blurred pics are mine:
1, something related to my favourite book - embroidered wooooolf from the farseer trilogy by robert hobb

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/91988_08Sep10_SAM_0158.JPG

2.fave recipies: inc weetabix brownies. my partner is all about the thrifty but yummy and im all about yummy. Benj has decided on making chutney for his sandwiches for work. 

3. Fave colour: green well lots but my partner picked green cus its awesome. It was a little crochet friend who Perdy tried to eat his hairs. he is now on a high self till monday when he is going to work. 

4. My superdooper phone cover - fave fabric. my phone fits lovely and it has skulls on it! did i mention the skulls!!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/91988_08Sep10_SAM_0152.JPG

5.something i collect: shells from her favourite childhood beach. they were still all sandy. we live in the middle of a city in the centre on the uk and nowhere near water. it made me miss the sea.

6. fave craft supply: pretty wool: there was really soft orangey wool which will coon be a halloween pumpkin hat for my god daughter.

7. something related to yarn: a hand dying kit all home made and a link to how to do it!

8.something to keep me organised: a little to do list note book with rabbits on very page. it was scrap made too recycling which is awesome.

9. something related to my pets: trevor.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/91988_08Sep10_SAM_0105.JPG

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/91988_08Sep10_SAM_0106.JPG

trevor is my new tabby cat. my partner has 9 cats!! i would love 9 cats or 9 rabbits. now i have 2 rabbits and 1 cat. trevor is guarding my dining table from the rabbit infestation.

10. fave pattern: tartan- a make your own tartan kit it had buttons and everything. i loooove buttons.

11.somethings of importance: recycling. a chartity shop tye and bottle and magic turned into a bracelet

12. new interest - very pretty pottery. i love the cat one the most.

13. stuff from where your from :scotish stuff: pencils and a patch.

I love my parcel its very very awesome. appologies for the quality of the photos. they are poor at best.

xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jadore-le-rose
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2010 12:18:01 PM »

Wow, so many great packages! I have major swap anxiety now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Juicebox29
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2010 01:20:05 PM »

I received today from Najaorama!
First of all let me tell you that when I took everything out I couldnt for the life of my find the letter. FINALLY I did. It was hidden under the address! Sneaky sneaky. Good think I found it cause I mixed some items up in my head:) LOL

Caramels! Her favorite candy. These look soooo yummy.

Lavender tea bag sachets. She lives really close to a lavender field. I'm soo jealous about that! [before the letter I though these were fabric tea bags and I was like hmmm...i dont really like tea but ive never seen them in fabric bags!] lol

Bookmark! Her favorite non crafting hobby is reading[mine too!] I originally thought this was a headband and was so upset when I couldnt fit it on my head.lol

Roswell brochure. I love this sort of stuff. Roswell is about a 3 hour drive from her house. SO jealous.

She's starting to do embroidery and this is one of her first ones!

this is a 1943 steel penny. She collects them. I find this so cool. Maybe ill start another collection;)

Glitter. She likes vampires but hates twilight. I'm a twihard so she gave me some glitter cause my vampires sparkle. Smiley

Next up some fabric and yarn. The fabric is this gorgeous vintage sari silk from india. So so pretty! She sent the yarn cause of the "something related to yarn" neither of us crochet;)

javascript:void(0);
A pear pin cushion inspired by her favorite book "Their eyes were watching god"

Cowry shell and freshwater pearl earrings They're from  INDIA! I dont have pierced ears but I still love them and maybe I can deconstruct them into a bracelet.

Superhero pez! She lovess superheroes

Dracula fabric panel. She likes these vampires:)

AND SHE SENT ME STUFF TO MAKE ABSINTHE!

I Loved everything! Hope you love yours just as much:)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2010 12:47:01 PM by rackycoo - Reason: safety first! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2010 01:33:24 PM »

That was so fast! I can't believe you got it already.
I sealed the package and forgot to put the letter in Tongue then I forgot to tell you where the letter was. And I totally forgot to ask if you had pierced ears. Feel free to use them for whatever.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
Juicebox29
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2010 06:54:52 PM »

I love everything though so Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm looking to do flat rate box{US} supply swaps! PM me if you're interested!
Will do personal swaps!
http://wists.com/JRoy32
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Wild Animals on Your Tree
Meatless Monday: Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Tutu Dress

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...