A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,659
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Mini Make-a-friend swap gallery  (Read 16928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: August 29, 2010 01:17:43 AM »

gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010 01:18:41 AM »

Partners:

green - sent
blue - received
purple - sent and received

teal - sent second package
navy - received second package
pink - sent and received package

partners:

Lunanne - sarahj2001
Juicebox29 - najaorama
dragonslair - suzyscissors
laideebugz - quaggy
CleanFeelin - Miss Barbara
sinellia - ollieorange
NinetyNinetybrowndog
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010 03:17:57 AM by Ruby Copperhead » THIS ROCKS   Logged
soxymoron
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010 03:36:24 AM »

Team Soxymoron

green - sent
blue - received
purple - sent and received

Round 1:

bubblegum_phoenix
- tlh878
Ruby Copperhead - soxymoron
goldsheepbowl - sloth003
KatyMai - Sandra22
Whileywoo - jadore-le-rose
designedbyiggy - zombiecazz

Round 2:

So I've added three weeks to your received package date (for those of you who've already received) to give you a send out date for round two, this is in brackets after your name. If I've done something foolish like put you to send on a Sunday just let me know.

bubblegum_phoenix - tlh878 (14/10)
Ruby Copperhead (16/10) - soxymoron (14/10)
goldsheepbowl (05/10) - sloth003 (Sent 28/09 surface mail from Canada to UK)
KatyMai (25/09) - Sandra22 (28/09)
Whileywoo - jadore-le-rose (07/10)
designedbyiggy (29/09) - zombiecazz (29/09)

You've all been awesome and communicative so far! Thank you for making my first organizing experience a breeze.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010 08:46:32 AM by soxymoron » THIS ROCKS   Logged
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010 10:24:12 PM »

Wow, people are fast! Eeep
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
gingerpeachy
Will swap for knitted hexi-puffs (beekeepers quilt) or heart-shaped buttons

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010 11:28:02 PM »

There goes Miss Barbara...always the early bird!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly known as Sinellia.

Check out my new crafty blog! gingery peachy
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010 01:57:40 AM »

I recieved a great package from Sandra22 yesterday and here it is!

She sent lovely long letters with everything letting me know why she sent what she did and i really appreciate that as i feel iv gotten to know her a lot better and can now make a better second package for her. She also sent this pretty card.

The next thing i opened was {31} something related to a new interest of yours. Fossils from Port Mulgrave in North Yorkshire of ammonites. She sent a lovely description of what part of the shells i was looking at and i really feel like iv learnt something!

{16} your favourite craft supply or tool. Sandra explained that she loves working with glass and would like to have her own Kiln and learn how to fuse glass. Unfortunately she cant do that at the moment but instead enjoys these little glass hearts (she likes heart shapes) bought from the german market in manchester at Christmas time. She sent 2 pictures of glass hearts and this pretty little glass heart for me to enjoy.

{22} something related to your favourite jewellery item. Sandra sent me lots of photos of the jewellery she wears the most and explained that she seems to attract Hematite jewellery and has lots of pieces with hematite in them. She also added 2 pieces of hematite to the package for me. These are going straight into my gemstone collection!

{29} something related to an issue thats important to you . Recycling and the environment is very important to her and she sent me these bookmarks made from things she already had about the house. The corner markers are made from an old road atlas that she has very little left of now thanks to recycling it into different things.

{4} 5 of your favourite recipes. Sandra wrote out some of her tried and tested recipes in a little book for me. She included vegetable soup, carrot and corriander soup, soda bread, brack (fruit bread), potato cakes, banana bread, cheese cake, creme caramel, microwave choc cake and sesame snaps. Im going to make the banana bread for my dad who adores anything banana and my husband has already said he wants the microwave choc cake for supper tonight.

{1} 3 postcards from your hometown. I was sent 6 postcards of Sandra's home city and Llangollen somewhere she visits regularly. here are my favourite three.

{32} something local to your city/state. Although Sandra isnt into the beatles you cant really get away from them in Liverpool. She did however like this cute little snow globe and so do i.

{12} Something you collect. Sandra collects vintage crochet patterns and these 2 items are taken from a couple of them. The purse is from a 1970's crochet top and has already found its place in my handbag as its the perfect size to keep my sanitory towels in. And the lavender hanger is made from an old bedspread pattern and is currently hanging off the corner of my bed helping me sleep at night.

{20} something that helps you stay organized. To try to keep organised Sandra uses little note books and post it notes. This is a great idea and iv put the little shoe shaped notepad in my handbag. Im not quite sure what my husband thinks to the little blakc book with boy rating stickers however!!

{17} something related to yarn. I adore these gorgeous little octopi that Sandra has sent me, they are really sweet and instantly found a home with the other amigurami that iv been sent in the past.

{16} your favourite craft supply or tool. I was amazed when i opened this. Sanra felt the need to apologise for the soldering work but i absolutely love it and think it has great charm. She explained how it was made and sent pics of it through the process. The beautiful glass mirror is now in pride of place on a shelf in my bedroom.

Added extras -
Sandra also sent along these cookies and this cute little tin of mints, as you can see the cookies didnt last very long as my hubby opened them up while i was still looking through the package  Cheesy

I love my package and really feel like iv gotten to know Sandra a lot better. This is a really interesting swap and i am really enjoying it. Now i only hope Sandra will like my package just as much.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2010 04:15:06 AM by KatyMai » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sandra22

Smile, Smile, Smile :)

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010 04:02:48 AM »

What a nice surprise for Sunday morning, photos in the gallery already!  I'm so glad you like the things I sent, and was amused to hear you appreciated the 'long letters' I wrote - I do have a tendency to ramble on and on. Just glad you could read my writing.

Just one question - did you only get 1 piece of hematite, as I thought I put 2 in?  If not, I'll look for it here Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010 04:04:24 AM by Sandra22 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://wists.com/Sandra22
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandra-malone                                                          CURRENT SWAPS -                September Birthday (non birthday swapper).  Magic Yarn Ball.  Disposable Camera.
zombiecazz
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010 04:53:26 AM »

Great package. Love the snow globe and the hearts.
Can't wait to see everyone's interpretations of categories.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tlh878
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010 09:48:01 AM »

Fantastic package!  through your explanations I feel like I have gotten to know Sandra more too Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatyMai

Creator of my own little world....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010 10:39:06 AM »

I found the second piece of hematite hiding away at the very bottom of the box and have added it to my collection Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Illustrate a Sphere
How to Paint Building
How to Paint Portraits from Photographs
How to Paint with Watercolor
How to Paint Portraits
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...