A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 62 ~~CLOSED!!~~  (Read 18675 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010 11:34:32 AM »

I'm claiming Jemimah!  For her embroidery whists, fabric, and a few extras.

First claim, 0 sent, 0 received

Hi!  I am Vanessa and this will be a nervous first for me on the OW swap...I feel like I may get
whiplash!  But I'll dive right in and enthusiastically create as best I can.   I'm from the great state of Illinois( not Chicago).  I grew up crocheting and recently took to knitting.  I gave my Home Ec. teacher fits in H.S.(too long ago).  I'm still working on being comfortable sewing anything.  My dh and I are empty nesters and I have much time to devote to my crafting, thankfully, cause I'm a junkie to yarn and other crafty goodness.  Also, you can see that I use the skills for donating items to charity.  I'm part of a knit guild that stresses this and it has only helped my knitting skills increase!  I always have a scarf on the needles for the mission, I'm making wheelchair/walker bags, and NICU blankets, (would like to get good enough for the preemie hats and booties), and chemo hats of all sizes.

Crafts:
a)  Knitting:
   1.  I'd love some vintage issues of knitting magazines.  Or more recent issues of
         Knitscene, Vogue, Cast-on, etc.(only if you have multiples or cheap finds @sales.)
   2.  Newer books/Patterns of Vintage style knitting patterns from 1800's to the 1930's.
   3.  Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting w/o Tears!  I like to read from her books and
        I don't have that one yet!

b)  Crochet:  I'm just stating that this is a craft I'm proficient at.  I have plenty of patterns and
         am not looking for any more, thank you.  I can make toys, slippers, sweaters, and
         mostly afghans and potholders, etc.  Lots of household items.  The Granny-a-day
         crochetalong keeps me busy.  Small bits of clean acrylic always welcome!

c)  Sewing:  This craft still scares me a bit.  I do have (too) many patterns, but I want to get good enough to play with this more and more.  I'd like to quilt, but mostly just cut up
        squares of denim and make 'raggy quilts'.  I don't do zippers, yet!!!

Craft Supplies:
a)  Knitting:
    1.  I have not ever received or bought hand spun and dyed yarn...would love to play
         with someone's sweet creation in a wool or wool/blend.  Prefer pink to raspberry or green of any shade(but am NOT picky!!)

2.  Good acrylic yarn (worsted weight) that is soft(if you have some laying around) for making chemo hats with.  

b)  Crochet:  
     1.  Bunny Print(TLC)...skeins and skeins of it have been used! I am currently working   on a sweater that has it in it!  I mostly make baby blankets with it and last month gave            one for the local NICU.  I still can't do the right cast-on for booties that is stretchy enough so I made a blanket!  I will make more with it.

c)  Sewing:  
     1.  If I could ask for confidence and get it, I would.  Instead, I will ask for a somewhat
          personal item:  for the one claiming:  his/her favorite confidence-building idea
          of a pattern or skill, tool, etc.  Is there a book that helped them?  A pattern that
          sparked their interest and boosted their confidence??

Extras:

Just a quick blurb...I am not really asking for much, but being on craftster, we know we all like to
craft...we know the extras that go with the crafts, good yarn, tools, sewing accessories.  I like to go to thrift stores and find quality yarns(acrylic w/o hair and fur), circular needles, stitch holders, etc.  I leave these ideas up to the claimant.  I hope we'll chatter enough to know what would be appreciated, or just by common interest, you'll know!!

It does look like my cut and paste job went awry!  sorry for any confusion!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010 12:00:47 PM by Kittymom13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
laura3850
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010 11:57:23 AM »

I will claim KITTYMOM for Knitting supplies!   
This is my first claim, 0sent, 0 received

Hi! This is my second swap, Im so excited Smiley
I am a mother of 4 amazing kids, and I love getting handmade things for them. I am in Kirkland, IL.

WISH LIST
-Pajamas 4T boy

-Pajamas (nightgowns) 6T girl

-Pillowcase dresses 6T

-Crocheted or knit hats for any kid - boys ages 4, 10, 11 or girl age 6

-Journals for boys

-Batman or buzz lightyear anything (for a 4 yr old)

-Dinosaur anything - would LOVE a dino playmat like from last round J ( for a 4yr old)

-Anything video game (Mario, Nintendo) for 10 and 11 yr old boys

-Coffee anything

-American Girl Doll Clothing

-Crocheted or Knit dishcloths

-Traditional Sock Monkey

-Im redecorating my 6 yr old daughters room to be light pink and zebra printed, I would love things to:
hang on the wall
Zebra throw pillows,
 I would really love a hanging canopy for over her bed, something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55172752/light-pink-jeweled-princess-crown-with

-I LOVE to bake with my smaller kids, I would really like some new aprons. adult for me and sizes 4 and 6 for the kids

-I would also LOVE a wrist pillow set for my mouse and keyboard like the ones from last round J

-12x12 pre made scrapbook pages. Any theme, I think weve done it all by now.

SUPPLIES
I really dont need supplies right now, Im really trying to clean up my hoarding, but here are a few things I could use:
-Ribbon
-Cotton Yarn
-Scrapbook paper
-Rough rocks to cut and polish (agates and such)
-Beads

EXTRAS
-I am a coffee-holic, so anything coffee is always great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edie22
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2010 12:06:36 PM »

I'll claim laura3850 for 2 aprons for the kids...

2nd claim/0/0

About Me: I'm 34, married and live in South Florida.  I don't have any kids or pets and don't really plan on them.  I love chocolate, anything with blue stripes, office supplies, Diet Pepsi, my G1 phone, Star Trek and anything related to Chris Pine.  I like polka dots and stripes and cute things.  I love the colors pink and blue and pretty much all colors, but I love blue and brown together and pink and brown.  Also Pink/green and brown/pink/green.  I love ALL BAGS.  i am getting quite a collection and I switch them all the time.  I'm pretty easy to please and my wists is currently at almost 400 items...  Please note the Halloween items are for the Halloween swap, none of those please!  I'm starting to collect Christmas gifties too!

Wishes:
Crafted:
sewn:
~Netbook cover (I have an Acer 10.1inch in Blue that I've named Bones)  http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_2&listing_id=43267715 or maybe something stenciled with Karl Urban/Bones on the front
~Purses - especially any on my wists
~Messenger Bag
~Weekender Bag or weekender type bag... not necessarily THE weekender bag.
~Purse organizer like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=36637266
~sewing machine cover (would love one in a sewing print! How meta!)
~iron cover like this: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?ref=vl_other_1&listing_id=28400568
BIG WISH ~Fabric bins/organizer bucket
~Toy robot like this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=342133.0
~Quilted potholders
~fabric luggage tags
~lap desk
~monster bag
~pink or purple sock monkey (or some other fun animal)
~table cloth/table runner in plain colors
~Small quilt wall art
~full-sized apron with pockets

knit/crochet
BIG WISH~Jayne hat 
~knit shawl
~recycled t-shirt type rug maybe in blue/white, purple, pink...
~knitted elephant like on my wists
~sock monkey wine bottle cozy
~hand spun yarn

stenciled
~Stenciled Star Trek shirt especially with Chris Pine, or to boldly go on it
~Stenciled shirt from some of the other ideas on my wists, dandelions, bare trees, pinto, robots
~Weasley is our King hoodie (size 3x with a zipper, not pullover)
~craft ninja stenciled on something.  Bag, tshirt (2x or 3x), etc
~tshirt with roosters on it (3x, maybe in a dusty red)
BIG WISH~tshirt with the silverlake liquors logo, like on my wist (3x)

Jewelry:
~Loaded charm bracelet
~Zodiac cuff bracelet like on my wists Sagitarius
~counting bracelet
~this braided bracelet in star trek colors, or pink/purple/blue http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=356098.0
~scrabble tile pendant kit with instructions

Other crafts:
BIG WISH~artwork with otters - would love one of otters floating and holding hands
~Message & Photo board like this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=25619562
~ceramic mugs (one blue, one purple both with e+j on them)
~button art
~felt art
~bows made out of old film reels
~carved stamps based on star trek, harry potter, crocheting, elephants, sock monkey, chris pine (would love a chris pine carved stamp omg)
~something to organize jewelry either earrings or bracelets, maybe a jewelry box
~Anything from my wists http://www.wists.com/edie22
NEW~Handmade soap, vanilla, coffee, linen, lemongrass scented (nothing floral or too strong)

Supplies:

I would love a whole claim of supplies with yarn and fabric!
~sharpies
~yarn dusk from debbie stoller, red heart super soft in any color and especially chocolate, toast, wine, paprika, turqoise, anything from caron super soft (especially in blues/greys) 100% cotton yarn in any color (or really, anything.  I love yarn) any christmas varigated cotton, or with sparkly bits too
~fabric - I love the cotton, but i don't really know how to use jersey or flannel yet Would love some Christmas fabric!
~zippers (any size/color!)
~aida cloth
~hand sew needles
~button magnets
~thread
~interfacing
~precut squares of fabric, like for patchwork stuff
~buttons
~stickers that say happy birthday
~quilter type measuring blocks
~chaulking pencils/disappearing ink pens
~bobbin saver like this http://www.blue-feather.com/bobbinsaver.html

Other

~mini Reeses Cups
~office supplies

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps!
-Yarnies vs Sewists - crafting
-Giant Multi-Theme Swap rnd 3 - stalking

http://www.pinterest.com/edie22
spikefan
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2010 12:45:13 PM »

I claim edie22 for some wisty surprises

1st claim

Hi! My name is Michelle and I live in North Carolina. I am a 29yr old SAHM to a 5yr old girl. I love crafting especially for others. My current favorite colors are black and natural/earthy colors. I like harry potter, buffy the vampire slayer, twilight, historical romances, the 80s and organic foods.  

Crafts

- black or grey stenciled bootcut lounge pants for the winter - in a Harry Potter or Buffy theme
- harry potter scarf (double knit)
- time turner
- Gryffindor robe
- pajama pants in buzz and woody/toy story print fabric for me
- decorated wood serving tray - in harry potter, buffy, twilight theme Thanks babalina58!
- painted wood book box like this Thanks Opaka!
- lapboard like this but in a harry potter, buffy, or twilight theme - (gryffindor colors, red black and white combo)
- NEW - black hooded cloak like this for my daughter - size 4/5 - doesn't have to be reversible but would be cool if it was with a gryffindor burgundy or stars with blue or purple sky
- NEW - simple black one layer hooded cloak for me
- NEW - Embellished jean overalls for my daughter - with painted/appliqued Curious George, Mario Bros, Tom & Jerry, Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, or Alice In Wonderland
- NEW - painted pants, leggings or long sleeve shirt for my daughter - Curious George, Mario Bros, Tom & Jerry, Harry Potter, Wizard of Oz, or Alice In Wonderland - size 4/5 or 5t - simple, nothing huge like in some wisted things but I liked some of the designs on them
- NEW - painted converse type shoes, rain boots or boots for my daughter with same themes as above
- NEW - twilight armwarmers or the yarn to make them

Supplies
- poppet making kit with light skin toned fabric, white or medium green
- fabric in any of these prints: Mario, Harry Potter, Peter Pan, Popeye, Tom & Jerry, non-girly Superman, dick and jane, rudolph, frosty
- vanna's choice yarn in colors from my wist
- wool-ease yarn - especially two skeins of thick and quick in gold
- red heart super saver acrylic in red, black, white, gold, blue, pretty n pink, petal pink
- cross stitch fabric, white or black - 14-20ct
- printable shrinky dinks
- small tube of e-6000
- diamond glaze
- etching kit
- 22 gauge silver artistic wire
- 8-1/2" x 11" printable magnet sheets
- solid color cotton fabric in shades of green or gray
- red and white striped cotton fabric or cotton flannel
- gryffindor or hogwarts patch
- cotton halloween fabric similar to ones in my wist
- fat quarter of bright green flannel (luigi green)
NEW - fine tip paint pen - would love silver, gold, and/or black
NEW - natural air dry clay
NEW - fine line marking pen - would love one for light and dark fabric
NEW - solid color cotton fabrics in greens, pinks, white, red and turqouise
NEW - black cotton fabric
NEW - glass pendant kit w/o paper

Extras

- Superman comics
- Reader's Digest Craft & Hobbies book
- vintage character cookie cutters
- black & white striped leggings, tights, or socks for a 5t
- black witches hat
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 12:50:13 PM by padfoot » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2010 01:17:05 PM »

I claim padfoot for the twilight armwarmers.

My second claim, 0 sent, 0 received.

Hi, Im Kirsten, Im a full time student. I live in New Zealand, married with two teenaged stepsons and two spoilt cats. Art and craft keep me somewhat saner than I would be otherwise.

I like most colours, and particularly blue/green/teal/aqua, natural tones, or black and white. See my profile or my wist for more ideas about my taste. Im happy to chat, and easy to please, feel free to PM me if you want to know more.

Since I live far, far away, I do appreciate craftsters being willing to send to me. I have tried to keep my wishlist items small and light. Thank you!!

CRAFTS
* a Tea and Cake or Death? tea cosy (Eddie Izzard quote) Id prefer sewn (stencilled/appliqu/embroidered/whatever), rather than knitted
* handmade sketchbook/journal (unlined if possible, mixed/recycled papers are great) (- thanks puzzler!! Smiley I love to use my sketchbooks, so I am keeping this on the list for now)
* handmade kirsten stamp, or handmade stamps in a theme I like (see my profile)
* a pockety bag lots of different size pockets for projects/art supplies, any style or size, doesnt have to have any zippers
* a Star Trek or Doctor Who thingy, whatever you like to make, my faves are Spock, tardis and daleks. (Useful rather than decorative is usually my preference, but any Spock, tardis, or dalek item that lands in my letterbox will find a home)
* a tardis pockety bag would be truly awesome
* a fox or a British robin in your favourite craft medium (again, great if its useful, but not essential)
* handknitted wool socks (average womens size, any colour)
* hand dyed/hand spun yarn (prefer natural fibres, any colour you think looks good)
* stitch markers for knitting
* postage stamp pendant
* something embroidered (hand or machine, a panel for me to make into something, or a finished item basically, anything you think I might like!)
* handmade ceramic item, esp. in celadon green keep it small and affordable to mail. (I would love a little fox like the one on my wist)
* wisty surprise - http://wists.com/jemimah
* NEW IDEAS use any of the things I like on my list or profile as crafty inspiration for:-
  - notecards/stationery
  - coasters (a set, or just one awesome one)
  - crafty organiser of some kind (e.g. needlework project holder, thing for storing small supplies and bits, stationery organiser)
  - t-shirt (XL, v-neck or scoop neck)

CRAFT SUPPLIES
* real silk for embroidery, any colours this is my big wish, its hideously expensive where I live (its probably not that cheap where you live, but I bet its cheaper than here!). I am addicted to Soie d'Alger (made by Au Ver Soie). If you send me some, I will also send you a tiny pretty made with it by way of extra thanks. Smiley
* any interesting embroidery supplies (please stick with quality over quantity, Id much rather have a tiny envelope with a few lovely skeins/little things than lots of cheap floss/beads, and it's also cheaper for postage!) The sort of stuff I like is DMC, anything silk or linen, Au Ver Soie, Japanese stuff, bits for goldwork (purl, kid, etc.), handmade/hand dyed, quirky things. Vintage/recycled is great.  No Aida please.
* silk or embroidered fabric, Japanese fabric (just small bits for embroidery and tiny things; no bulk fabric Id love it, but it may bankrupt you to mail it)
* Noro yarn (thanks NatACT!), recycled sari yarn
* thick stampcarving material (I have the tools, but the only stuff to carve I can easily find here is lino and small erasers)
* vintage Anna magazines (either English or German) these might be pricey to ship so just 1 or 2 is fine
* nice paper - e.g handmade, japanese, printmaking, textured, any colour or weight - it's for printmaking, so plainish rather than very patterned - but whatever you think is nice would be great (just a few pieces)
* paper ephemera

EXTRAS
* small black safety eyes (just a few pairs)
* I always enjoy bookmarks, vintage/interesting buttons, little pouches, etc.
* please keep it light and easily posted! no candy

NB. New Zealand has tough biosecurity at the border. This is very unlikely to apply to this swap, but just in case ... Please dont send natural materials (feathers, leaves, wood, seeds e.g. lavender, etc.) Everything on my list is absolutely fine to send, but PM me if youre unsure about something. Thanks  Smiley

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 09:22:38 PM by jemimah » THIS ROCKS   Logged

babalina58
Friends don't let friends craft alone :)

4 wheels move the body 2 wheels free the soul!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010 09:19:42 PM »

I will claim jemimah for some of her special thread she wants and some other goodies for her...

this is claim 2/0/0

Hello all, for those who don't know me I am Monica I live in the USA on the Crystal Coast last bank or the famed Outer banks of North Carolina  Yep where Hurricane Earl is gunning for  , I am a beach girl, love the beach laid back life. I am raising my 2 grand kids, Atlanta is almost 6 and my side kick in crafting and Houston is 2 1/2 with Autism and he just has a different way of thinking and learning that is all.. He has become a great teacher to us. Please if crafting anything for him please ask first as he has major texture and color issues..Odd triggers to him...My DH is a wonderful guy. He love the Washington Redskins and The Yankees, Me I am a Seahawks & Saints girl ( I was raised in Seattle really but Dad is from NOLA/Biloxi so love the Saints) and the Yankees too....I am a pirate, ocean lover, sugar skulls,Fleur de lis, garden kind of girl. I am very eclectic really! I love the things in my wist however only some if it is there for swaps LOL...some is there for inspiration and some for other swaps...I would love to have something off my list as to my wist but if you want to make off my wist please PM me and see if it is something I would really want or need..I don't care to be surprised. I will be to see it when It comes...There is stuff in it for other swaps so really it is best to ask me if it is needed.. You can safe bet with any of the shirts in there however...Headbands are cool too...My 3 dogs love ropes, fleece ropes and Nylabones/Kong are the only thing they are allowed..Bella is an ass who tares up everything and I have paid several hundred in surgery from a swap item given to her long ago...Please not food items for the dogs...Candy for us is great ... Houston has never had candy and Atlanta loves chocolate with anything in it  and skittles, M&M's......

ALLERGIES: Atlanta has very bad allergies. If you are a smoker inside Please pass on claiming us as she can be around anything that has been around smoke..If you smoke outside please make sure to wash hands before working as the tar from holding the cigs is a major trigger to her. I CANT WARE ANYTHING THAT IS NOT Stirling or at least 10K gold so that leaves me out of a lot in the jewelry section..I dont ware it really anyway...

BTW I HATE GAG OMG YUCK Kelly green anything, Puff paint, I am not a dark girl but a beachie girly girl and yes I am a pink lover  BUT also, love my funky fun...I LOVE the things in my list that I have marked and would like it if the were as close to them as you can get them..that is why I put them in my wist I like them in the color or style I am good about marking that stuff  I do love my sugar skulls however

Crafts:

~~NEW OMG I would love a set like this for my kitchen
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/69a54935ca783e79292fbbfb27f18c42?offset=0

~~ NEW HUGE wish I need something like this for my room colors are brown with blues also change it up to Brown and lighter  pink and brown and cream damask but love the colors on this one also would look great!
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/c4da1c70757115cb4895ff1f7c74830c?offset=100

HUGE WISH  A monster seat organizer for my Suburban  4 the kids I need 2 but will look to claim again for a 2nd OR Personal.. Like this but with a loop on top to go under the head rest ( Pink, Blue, Yellow, Green Purple kids fave colors ) and I can make a strap when it arrives for the bottom I dont know how I want to hook it to the seat..Christmas is now coming    http://www.craftster.org/blog/?p=10739  a top pocket to stuff stuff down in and where the teeth are to hold their pencils as crayons melt Dont ask how I know If making one for Houston please not green it is a trigger color for him

A crib size little quilt for Houston with vintage airplanes for him for day care he loves airplanes ( cant be green Trigger color for him) he is a blue boy and red but Olive green is ok just not like a kelly or primary)

I love goofy looking knitted socks  I only ware them crew size, mismatched stripes would rock like these LOVE THEM I would need them over the ankle a bit more.. I am a sz 8 US

Med- large  size hair bows Pretty for Atlanta she loves them to clip in, ask for a color list she wants needs to match her outfits LITTLE PRINCESS DIVA!

~NEW a bag like this...Love the fabric but could be any fabrics like any in my wist really..just dont want brown and blue
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/e93928e467c3162f3c9713e65e7e8de8?offset=220

NEW~Something like this for my room in these colors I would love it..
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/c4da1c70757115cb4895ff1f7c74830c?offset=100

~ A poppet for my room..a sweet one, naughty one, Redskins one 1/2 maroon /gold Or with a skinds color top?  he would love you really this would be a Christmas gift MY HUBBY WOULD LOVE YOU for life!  I would love a BOY MERMAN POPPET OR A BOY OCTOPUS one to go with my girls in my room I would love you Full size not the baby ones please I have some of them and want Boys for my girls LOL..Why yes I do play with my poppets Shhhh..

~ NEW a small art quilt for my DH of the WASHINGTON REDSKINS for his office I cant stand them   but he loves them  

~ New cute  bag like this love the fabric or in any of the fabric in my wist that are the funky fun or like them ( pin up would get you kissed   LOL Or Hula girls)
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/e3502b29e37175b196b1e3c7ff60b717?offset=320
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/71ec18ef386aa36c4d2d31a9ec0f7938?offset=34

~A sewing machine cover for my  in this fabric to match my sewing machine apron Please only this fabric http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?pageName=search&flag=true&PRODID=xprd1036851
and if you use a coupon it is 40%off love that   PM for measurements please
I only want it to match my wonderful apron I have for it It ROCKS and OMG this is coolIt could be Black with acents in this fabric too that would rock also

~ I love this bag..Love the style, the fabric is great I love the canvas look to it just love it!!
http://www.wists.com/babalina58/1a22fc9bf9ad0e0b8035896383a876ea?offset=0

Supplies: I LOVE SUPPLIES and who knows you might just get it back made into something else

~ Big wish NEW I would love this pattern http://www.wists.com/babalina58/dddbc3a7779b5a88bdcf9ec040e96053?offset=360

~~ one of the old Samsonite make up hard case ( that does not smell inside you cant get it out no matter what)  but for me to deco it the way I want ...

~ a few yards of any fabric in my wists I have issues getting fabric here where I live I have to go almost a hour away for funky and fun...

~ a button maker used is GREAT

~bottles of fabric paint I use a ton of this!!

~ NEW little bottles of acrylic paint ( the cheep stuff is OK I add med and it works great) Black, reds, glitters, metallic any color, yellows, purples, ( I have a ton of white, pinks, blues and greens)

~ poly clay / white sculpty clay ( even cheepie air dry clay works great for me

~ fiskers rotary cutter replacement blade ( I sure use a lot of these ) 45 mm ones

~ gorilla glue and tubes of super glue

~  Serger thread cones  Brown, Pink, Blue, Red ,Greens if you can 3 of the same color Smiley

~ NEW all purpose sewing thread --Need Yellows, \, blues not royal or navy , greens ( just not kelly) off reds ( have a ton of red red, white, black )browns, but can always use more cloak's from walmart or whatever new thread  works for me I need new ones or thread that has not been in grandmas stash...it becomes weak and brittle with time...

~~ HUGE WISH a bias tape maker 2 inch 1 1/2 inch ones (just the one you pull and iron )

~ Bias tape ( blues blacks reds browns pinks white whatever I use wide double fold only really for what I need it for.. I do use a ton of Brown, black and white yellows pinks teals

~ Vneck or scoop neck tees LONG and SHORT SLEEVE ( pink, sea green, blues, yellows, lavender, peachie, Plain tees for me to alter for myself SZ 12-14 Large...walmart/target is fine...wide stripes with white and any of the above is good too) I don't ware dark colors really...think Beachie girl  

extras~

~ love  green apple mentos  YUMMO
~kender Bueno  OMG to die for  I WOULD ALL BUT DANCE A JIG NAKED FOR THEM LOL
~milk chocolate...I love nuts, coconut, coffee beans,
~ cotton fabric you have laying around you dont need or want any style
HOT bbq sauce, salsa, hot sauce from your area Mmmm Mmmm we live for heat here!

« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 09:55:38 PM by babalina58 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/babalina58/

I am able to do personal swaps again so lets get some going Cheesy
santacruzsugar
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2010 07:54:46 AM »

I claim babalina58 for a new bag!

1st claim, 0 sent, 0 received

Wow! The last OWS I did was round 31!!! Im excited to be back.

My name is Melissa and Im 26 and live in California.  I have a BA in Environmental Studies and currently work as the recycling educator for my countys garbage company. I am very passionate about the Earth, and strive my hardest to live a lifestyle that has the least impact on the planet: particularly by using organic, local, ethically raised, striving for zero waste, and not using plastics. I live with my partner Matt and my shelter rescued cat, Gale. We JUST moved into a bigger place, from a one-room granny unit to a 2 bedroom apartment (with a yard! and a garage! and an extra room for an office/craftroom!!!), so the majority of my list is house stuff. I spend most of my time in the kitchen, as I love to cook.

I hate the smell of any type of smoke, so if that lifestyle applies to you, please pass on claiming me. However, I have no problem with any type of animal or any other allergies.

Thanks in advance! I love mail, so feel free to send me questions or just a hello!
wists: http://www.wists.com/santacruzsugar
twitter: http://twitter.com/santacruzsugar

Crafty Things:
For the home:
Bird Wall Art: like this piece
Tea Towels: I try not to use anything single use, so I use LOTS of tea towels in place of paper towels. I'm open to any colors or themes or even plain, and I haven't figured out what decor my kitchen is yet, but Im drawn to bright colors, block prints and naturey things. Nothing frilly, too girly, or old ladyish. I've got lots of examples on my wists. I like these a lot.
]Cloth Napkins: Same reason and details as the tea towels
Reusable 100% cotton Snack Bags: like these
Reusable cloth or mesh produce & bulk bin bags: You can never have too many. If your not familiar with these, these are some great examples
Cork Mat: for in front of my kitchen sink. I LOVE this!!!
half apron: to hold clothes pins when hanging up clothes to dry. I like this one a lot
full apron: for cooking, with a side pocket I can tuck a dishtowel into for easy hand wiping. Major bonus points if you can find a cloth that is cat-hair resistant. Every dish I make has Gale hair in it, guaranteed. Cheesy
pottery, dishes, fruit bowls
garden art I like almost everything from this shop
a welcome sign I really like ones that say Matt & Melissa, est. 2008..well, Ive never seen one just like that, but thats what I would want it to say!
anything handmade, beautiful and useful!!!

For me or others:
bar soap: but not the glycerin kind. I like any scent EXCEPT sandelwood and fir. I HATE HATE pachouli. Gag...I may be an environmentalist, but I'm not a dirty hippie.  Tongue
earrings, necklaces, brooches, hair pins and pieces: I like fun, funky and chunky pieces more than delicate dainty things. I don't ware bracelets at all, nor do I have any issues to metals. I've got lots I like on my wists.
knitted leg warmers: its currently in the 100's, but they would be great to have once fall comes around! I have really skinny calves (i can measure for you if your willing to make me some). I like this style
a checkers game: I'm totally open to colors and how its made, but I would love a set! This one is cool because I could easily take it camping or on a picnic
car kit for my man: the bf Matt is in sales, so he is in his car all the time. I would love to have a kit like this for him. I can fill it if someone could make it for me! He doesn't have any favorite colors (lame, I know) but he is a die-hard Yankee's fan.
boobie tassels / pasties: I've never worn anything like this, but I would love to try! this womens shop has amazing ones.

Supplies:
do-it-yourself lamp kit: I have no idea how to make a lamp, or if they even make "kits" but I love this anthropologie lamp and refuse to spend $398 on a painted log.

Can you also send me a copy of your favorite recipe, dish or meal plan? I collect cuttings and copies from all sorts of things, and would love to include favorites of crafty partners in the binders I have. I eat anything but mushrooms

THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 08:02:09 AM by santacruzsugar » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010 08:06:25 AM »

I claim santancruzsugar for some cloth produce bags

2nd claim, 0 sent, 0 received

My name is Robin and I live in Oregon, USA.  I am a quarter Japanese, quarter Korean, quarter Jewish, quarter German (100% Mutt... yes!). I am married to Phil a fantastic cook who spoils me with delicious meals; good thing or all we'd eat would be steamed rice and veggies.  We have a 2 year old toddler named Aria who is proverbial light of our lives.  I am a feminist who is raising my daughter in an anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-homophobic household.

I am all over the board, I like whimsical, edgy, bohemian, steampunk, pretty, bold, soft, hardI wear a lot of black and gray, but Ive been branching out into the wondrous color wheel.  I love red and turquoise together. I prefer rich, jewel tone colors and earthy colors! I find myself mostly drawn to blues and greens.  I like images of birds, squirrels, mice, and trees, but I also really like skulls, anatomy, skeletons (especially of birds and other non-human creatures), and old locomotives.  You can check out my wist to get a better idea of what I like. wisty surprises are always nice.

a quick note if you claim anything for my daughter...we arent into cartoon branded stuff.  i cant stand barbie or bratz.  we dont dislike pink but we try to stay away from anything overwhelmingly girly.  she likes the ocean, digging in the dirt, burying herself in sand, and splashing in water.  for these reasons durable and washable is always good.  thanks! 

Some of my wishes, BIG wishes in bold  Grin

Crafted

*capri yoga pants with cuffed legs like these http://wists.com/Rlynn/pants/c17fc2d801e73ce7945bd97fba8ca15d?offset=0

* tees, tunics, hoodies, pants, hats, or dresses for Aria (shes a solid 2T)
here are a few links to some things i really like but you don't have to make these exact things...just here for inspiration.  there are more examples in my wist
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/07/tutorial-knee-pad-pants.html
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2010/02/newsboy-cap-with-guest-clevergirlorg.html
http://wists.com/Rlynn/Aria_clothing

*empire waist dress or shirt for me, bust size 39 (I know this is a pretty big wish *sheepish grin*)  here's stuff i like for inspiration http://wists.com/Rlynn/clothing

*NEW Yoga style waistband skirt in colors or patterns you think id love(I received one from ewulotta in the MAF and its now my favorite clothing item...need more.  heh) here's a tutorial...http://sewmamasew.com/blog2/?p=8450

*cute and unusual stuffies (dragons, cute zombie, squid, dinosaurs, robots, aliens, cthulhu, monsters) anything slightly odd but cute as they"d be for my toddler)

*Fabric buckets in various sizes to organize toys, craft supplies, toiletries, etc... (A2K made me some in a past round, would love more)

*car playmat (similar to the dino but with roads and such...sort of like this one http://wists.com/Rlynn/toy/4ebc993391957a7ee19e21e1eb4f2e99 but feel free to use a diff medium)

*Altered art starring one of my paternal grandparents
 http://picasaweb.google.com/rlynnbaker/June2010#5479130492305644386
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlynnbaker/June2010#5479130480392081650
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlynnbaker/June2010#5479130466954573058
http://picasaweb.google.com/rlynnbaker/June2010#5479130369380696850

NEW *embroidered art, i have some wisted to give you ideas on what i like  http://wists.com/Rlynn/embroidery

*encaustic painting

*address labels w/a cute little design, bird maybe? (our address is long and annoying to write out)

NEW*altered hoodie for aria (3T)

*appliqued, stenciled, embellished tees, etc... for Aria (3T) we prefer themes like pirates (she has a skully P is for Pirate tee already), ninjas, rockets, squids, dinosaurs, jellyfish... we also like birds but please nothing super girly or overwhelmingly pink.   )thanks bablina58!  more is fine

NEW*tee or messenger bag with dr. mckay and the quote, "Its a city, not a yo-yo." stenciled on it. oh oh or "What am I, MacGyver?!  Fix it with what?"  i wear a womens size M in target brand (would prefer either red, black, gray, or blue tee please)

NEW*the stargate atlantis logo on a red or black zip hoodie, womens L preferred

*tiny creatures - i am hoping to put together a village and forest playtable (think a cross between a train table and doll house) for aria by the time she's 3 or so.  i need cute little creations for the table.  i have stuff wisted http://wists.com/Rlynn/play-table that id like for it but whatever youd like to make is fine.  id like to keep them small though.  so no bigger than 2 or 3 inches.  would love animals both real and imagined, people, fairies, dwarves, etc... would also love trees, caves, etc...these can be bigger (please no polymer clay, not sure how i feel about aria playing with it for health reasons, thanks!) 

NEW *Handmade buttons!!!!

NEW *mother/daughter birthstone tree of life pendant

Supplies:
 (PsSt...I dont mind used supplies in the least as long as there is enough to still play around with and have a bit of fun!)
*Fabric looking for canvas, burlap, linen, or fabric by Valorie Wells, Joel Dewberry, or Amy Butler

*decent sewing thread in bright colors like purple, red, blue, and green, i go through thread like crazy.  i normally use gutterman or coats and clark, both poly and cotton

*serger thread in black, white, brown, orange, or green (just got a serger and need spools of thread for it, would prefer 3 of same color)

*button maker

*interfacing any weight (prefer kind you can iron in)

*snap pliers for small snaps and eyelets (i already have the heavy duty one)

*snaps for my heavy duty snap setter (size 5 and 105)

*jewelry findings in silver (eyepins, chains, headpins, jumprings, clasps), brass (headpins, chains, clasps), gunmetal (headpins, eyepins)

*silver, brass, copper, or gunmetal wire (anything between 18 and 26 gauge or 1.02mm to .405mm)

*any of the craft books on my wist http://www.wists.com/Rlynn/book

*self-healing mat (mine is trashed after 10 years of use!)

*Need new 60mm blades for my Fiskers rotary cutter

NEW *patterns by Oliver + S or Modkids (any except for doll clothing; prefer 2T and up)

NEW *patterns by Colette (any except the Macaron and the Beignet)

NEW*purse findings and hardware (any kind but looking for wood or plastic handles, metal findings like D rings and swivel clasps, magnetic snaps, etc...)

NEW*blank canvases in all sizes for aria to paint

NEW* solid or simple striped tees for stenciling (prefer 3T)

Extras:
*LOVE, LOVE tea - especially tea that is local to your area
*maps, coin tokens, metro tickets especially from outside the US
*we are totally okay with receiving local candies and/or chocolates.  no really, i promise, we are.   Grin
*fishing tackle boxes to organize jewelry findings so one with plenty of various sized compartments!
NEW*ornate frames (no glass necessary) to frame Arias artwork like these http://www.wists.com/Rlynn/d4772b77697ac86b05cd3ea0fb720541?offset=0

thanks for picking me!

« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 08:10:54 AM by rlynn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

laura3850
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2010 08:48:48 AM »

I will claim  rylnn   for a wist surprise J    .
This is my second claim, 1 sent, 0 received

Hi! This is my second swap, Im so excited J
I am a mother of 4 amazing kids, and I love getting handmade things for them. I am in Kirkland, IL.

WISH LIST
-Pajamas 4T boy

-Pajamas (nightgowns) 6T girl

-Pillowcase dresses 6T

-Crocheted or knit hats for any kid - boys ages 4, 10, 11 or girl age 6

-Journals for boys

-Batman or buzz lightyear anything (for a 4 yr old)

-Dinosaur anything - would LOVE a dino playmat like from last round J ( for a 4yr old)

-Anything video game (Mario, Nintendo) for 10 and 11 yr old boys

-Coffee anything

-American Girl Doll Clothing

-Crocheted or Knit dishcloths

-Traditional Sock Monkey

-Im redecorating my 6 yr old daughters room to be light pink and zebra printed, I would love things to:
hang on the wall
Zebra throw pillows,
 I would really love a hanging canopy for over her bed, something like this:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/55172752/light-pink-jeweled-princess-crown-with

-I LOVE to bake with my smaller kids, I would really like a new apron for me.

-I would also LOVE a wrist pillow set for my mouse and keyboard like the ones from last round J

-12x12 pre made scrapbook pages. Any theme, I think weve done it all by now.

SUPPLIES
I really dont need supplies right now, Im really trying to clean up my hoarding, but here are a few things I could use:
-Ribbon
-Cotton Yarn
-Scrapbook paper
-Rough rocks to cut and polish (agates and such)
-Beads

EXTRAS
-I am a coffee-holic, so anything coffee is always great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftaddiction
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2010 08:59:06 AM »

I claim laura3850 for surprises

This is my 1st claim (0 sent, 0 received)

Im a girly girl from a small town in Iowa, who loves anything pink. I spent most of my day crocheting, but would love to learn some new crafts. I live with my boyfriend (of 6 years) and our small Multipoo dog named sissy.

Crafts:
-   something inspired from my wist
-   sleep shirt/night gown. Just think big, over sized tee shirt the goes to about knee level. I usually get an XL so they will be really big on me.
-    Hand-dyed yarn or hand-spun yarn any color/amount/weight
-   slippers. I wear a US size 8 1/2
-   homemade snuggie maybe with a string inside so I can keep it closed.
-    A drawstring backpack  Its for my mom. She would like something that looks like denim. Here is a link to give you an idea of what we a looking for. It doesnt have to be exactly like that bag, it is just to give you an idea.  It doesnt need to be reversible.
-   Dog toys Any toys for my small dog. She is good at ripping toys apart.
-   Inchies I want to try to incorporate these into another craft, but Im unable to make them myself. Any themes would be great, they just couldnt have anything hanging off the edges.
-   tabletop ironing mat
-   Mug Bucket organizer Super big wish.  Something I can put my supplies in when I am working at my desk. I keep losing things. Something like this

Craft Kits:
A how to or starter kit for any of the following crafts would be great
   * tatting
   * spinning (I have a drop spindle.now what?)
   * dyeing yarn
   * candy/chocolate making
   * soap making

Supplies:
We live in a tiny town. The nearest craft store is 30 minutes away and in a small town so the selection is limited. There is a Hobby Lobby with the basics and a small Joanns which is almost useless for anything other than fabric (they have a good selection of fabric but I dont sewlol). So it is hard to get supplies. I have to get most things online and some just arent worth paying shipping for. I have no problem with used supplies.

-    Rhinestone Setter  Something like this. The brand makes no difference to me. 
-   Specialty Yarn Our hobby lobby doesnt have much other than worsted weight acrylic yarn. I have enough 100% acrylic yarn in worsted weight. But I have almost nothing else. Any weight or fiber or color. Wool, bamboo, llama, blends, anything. I have a yarn addiction and I still never seem to have what I need for a project.
-   Cotton Yarn I have lots of patterns I want to make that call for cotton yarn in worsted weight.
-   Sport Weight Yarn I have very little sport weight yarn. Any color would be good. Baby colors would be great.
-    Bernat Baby Fingering Weight Baby Yarn This yarn goes on sale every now and then, but our local jo-anns doesnt carry it. I can use any color. Lilac, pink and blue would be my first picks.
-    PUL Fabric Any colors/patterns. Doesnt need to be big pieces. 
-    Any Stamp Carving Material   Staedtler, speedy carve, extra large erasers, etc. I usually use speedy carve but our Hobby Lobby is sold out (I think I bought the last pack over 2 weeks ago). Anything would be great. I am going to run out soon.
-    Cupcake Molds for polymer clay I have none, so any would be great.   
-    Molds for resin Doesnt have to specifically be for resin. Ice cube trays work, so would candy molds and soap trays.
-    Crochet Steel Interchangeable Set Like this one. That one would be $18 with a 40% off coupon. It doesnt need to be that exact set, I just dont know of many others. I have an interchangeable hook set for sizes g-k. So I could use one for small sizes or a better one for the larger sizes. I would absolutely love a used Denise set, but I dont think my odds are very good Smiley
-   Serger Thread I just got a used serger but dont have any thread, except the 4 small white ones it came with.
-   1" square  punch to cut out paper squares that are exactly 1 inch. I could use a square one too.
-   Christmas Molds Anything from super tiny to 3 inches.
-   Christmas pictures   I need Christmas items/pictures so I can make these. They can be crafted, purchased (buttons are one idea), printed, cut from magazines or any other way you can think of.
-   1 wood circles Like these
-   Diamond Glaze
-   Scrabble Titles or something similar
-    Collage Sheets Digital or printed. I need sizes for 1 circles, 1 squares and/or scrabble titles.
-   Glue on Bails For resin pendants
-   Clear quilters ruler Any size
-   Buttons
-   Poly Pellets
-   Sold Black Safety Eyes
-    Dremel I really need one but cant afford it. Maybe some one has something like this laying around

Extras:
-   Id never turn down candy, especially gummies.
-   Doggie treats
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010 09:02:57 AM by styupe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to swap for things kids could do in the car on a long car trip (3 girls ages 5-12). I can knit, crochet or trade yarn.

My pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to do With Thinning Hair
Beauty Hair Tips
Managing Curly Hair
Styling Lotion
How to Pin your Hair Up
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...