A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,476
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WWP Mabon Swap Round 22 Gallery  (Read 15246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

monnie31
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2010 06:21:00 PM »

Monnie, if I was able to make a miserable day a little brighter, I have done my job! I hope you weren't actually driving while taking those photos Cheesy I know I totally abandoned the idea of "three smalls", but you did want a drum... I liked the way yours came out so much I have to make one for myself now.

And the wolf puppet is very odd-looking, but I thought Mason might be just the right age to overlook its loopyness. I hope he likes it.

Wulf

Your skills impressed me so much.  I was not driving, I was outside of the post office.  Mason was so excited by the puppet, he is also very fond of mu drum.

I so needed that surprise after the horrible week I have had.

Thanks so much
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmichele_craftyfae

the faery of creative chaos

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2010 05:30:24 AM »

What an awesome package! What kind of paint did you use on the drum? I might just have to paint hubby's drum to give it some character.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wulf
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2010 07:12:21 AM »

I used airbrush ink, because it's transparent and waterproof. I wanted the grain of the rawhide to show through, but didn't want to risk smearing if it got wet. (Because nobody ever forgets to take their drum inside after a night of drumming around the fire.) Wink  Liquid acrylic would have been a more logical choice, but I didn't have the right colour. I'm guessing that leather dye would have been okay too but I'd want to do a little test to make sure it didn't run when wet. The great thing is that the rawhide is transparent enough (even though this is quite thick) that you can put a pattern underneath it and trace onto the surface.

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spazgirl1981

Betsy Snow White

I took up croquet today and I'm on fire!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2010 07:16:18 AM »

I never knew how much I wanted a drum, or a Wulf puppet, until right now! Cheesy
lol... I feel the same way. Wulf you never fail to amaze and impress me. So awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2010 09:50:35 AM »

I felt like a little kid
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2010 12:17:17 PM »

All the packages are awesome so far!  I need to try making some of that potpourri! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
SecretAgentStarchild
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2010 04:15:00 PM »

Wow! Wulf, that drum is AMAZING! I have always wanted a drum, and the idea of crafting one sounds pretty intense! I can just imagine the work that went into that! And it looks absolutely beautiful too!

.... And now I want a wulf puppet too! *facepalm*

Every time I think I can't possibly get any more inspired, I pop over to this gallery and then get shown how very wrong I am. lol. Everything looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the rest!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. - Roald Dahl
Wulf

Smalltacular is bestter.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2010 06:21:51 PM »

Making the drum was actually very easy. I read through this tutorial, which gave a few useful tips, and just went to it. I bought the rawhide at Tandy Leather quite a long time ago, and I'm sure I paid more for it than if I'd got it at a Powwow or some other non-corporate source, but it still wasn't very expensive. The frame of the drum is made from two strips of flexible plywood (lots of scraps available at work) bent into a circle and glued together. Traditional ones are made from wood that is steamed to make it flexible, or from fresh-cut green wood. Any woodworker could help make one for you. The hardest part was waiting for the rawhide to soak for a full day to be flexible enough!

Wulf
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ladyblades
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2010 07:11:52 PM »

Very nice packages so far by all! I know after every holiday why I am SO HOOKED on the WWP!!! I have tried a couple of other swaps and they were ok but there is nothing like you wonderful people. I can't wait to see the rest of the packages!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Not swapping for the moment, life is too crazy. See you all soon!
SecretAgentStarchild
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2010 07:37:40 PM »

I came home from work today to find an extremely yummy smelling package waiting on my front porch. As kmichelle_craftyfae sent the package on Saturday, I wasn't even close to expecting it! But the postal gods were smiling upon me, and this package arrived in time to make my day/week/month.

I can't stop smiling. Lovely craftyfae, you are too amazing!

Okay, on to the goodies! I apologize ahead of time - halfway through, my camera decided to throw a temper-tantrum and refuse to take anything but blurry pictures... I will try taking better ones of them tomorrow, or maybe my awesome swap partner can post her copies... But yeah. The pictures don't do any of these justice!

This is the whole shebang! I feel totally spoiled! *happy dances*

Here is a copy of the Mabon Story that I thought was absolutely lovely! It tells the tale of a knight named Kyllwch who falls in love with the beautiful Olwen, and must rescue Mabon in order to wed his love. If you are on the Craftster Coven blog, you have read the story. I am honored to own my own copy!

And if you read the story, you know that Kyllwch receives the help of five sacred animals to complete the task. And Kmichele_craftyfae took those animals and shared them with me on a beautiful goldenyellow Mabon altar bowl! I can't wait to put this on my altar!

Remember how I mentioned that my package smelled amazing? Well, here's why: She included some absolutely delicious homemade incense! I have a big thing for incense, which I didn't tell kmichele, so I was quite thrilled to find this surprise! It is Mabon Incense and there is quite a bunch, which makes me super happy! I am going to be burning this all of the time! So good!

Kmichele and I talked a lot about papercrafting, and I mentioned how I was really interested in ATCs and wanted to start making them and recieiving them! So guess what? She included my very first ATC and I absolutely LOVE it! It's a beautiful witch standing behind all sorts of potion bottles, while black cats weave amongst them!

Okay, here is where my camera started to act a bit wonky.... So I apologize for the fuzziness. She sent me along this beautiful rich brown offering bowl, perfect for autumn!

And some extra goodies! A piece of quartz, a piece of amethyst, and a lovely Goddess pendant that I can't wait to wear!

Aaaannnd, these next three pieces are my absolute favorite! kmichele took these clothes-pins and made the most exquisite little magnets! I feel so terrible for my camera's bad quality because there is sooo much detail on these little pieces! I hope my partner will post better pictures of these, because they are truly awesome!

First off - the wild forest faerie! She has  a forest green skirt and a tiny leather corset and superneat brown hair with the tiniest braids and green beads and even a tiny feather dangling from her tresses! She even has neat faerie makeup with beautiful designs drawn beneath her eye. It is so elaborate! The colors are a bit off in the picture - her hair is more of a goldeny reddish brown, not so much blond.

Again, so much detail! The legs are painted into fur and he has tiny hooves and a leather belt! The greatest part - he has his own set of pan-pipes and the most amazing little horns that curl out of his head! Wow! Again, the picture doesn't even come close to doing it justice.

And the third one, my absolute favorite! Kmichele, if you can, PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE post your picture? Because this one came out the worst and this was the one I adore the most. If not, I will take more pictures tomorrow until one comes out that shows its fabulousness.

Now, both me and kmichele LOVELOVELOVED the movie Avatar. And especially the people of Pandora, the Na'vi. So what did she do? She made me my own little Tsu'tey, my favorite character! He is soooo neat! She got his black hair down and his braid and the best tail, the red beads in his hair. You can see Na'vi markings against his skin, and he even has little fangs! She even gave him a leather loincloth and his own spear! *huggles the magnet to her* Screw the fridge - he is gonna sleep beside my bed to give me amazing Na'vi hometree dreams!

Seriously.... Epic beyond words.

Kmichele, thank you for being such an AMAZING partner and for your wonderful friendship and for giving me gifts whose thoughtfulness almost brought me to tears. Thank you.

Now I am all nervous for you to get your presents! They aren't as Mabony and I don't have your crafty talent, but man, now I wish I had stuffed even more in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it. - Roald Dahl
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Short Ribs Recipe
How to Make Boneless Breaded Chicken Leg Cajun Style
How to Make Creole Brown Roux Part 4/5
How to Make Jasmine Rice with Chicken in a Crock Pot
Learn About Oysters
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...