A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,397
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92]
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 07/16/08 - New ads being shown on Craftster  (Read 69633 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2010 06:09:47 AM »

Hi, guys!  We started a new thread for ad reports.  This will make it easier for us to easily track them versus comments regarding non-crafty ads in general.

Please report questionable ads in a reply to this thread:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=270606.0

Report questionable and potentially offensive ads and ads that scroll/talk/start playing without user interaction.  In your reply, please do your best to describe the ad and include a link to where the ad leads.

As of 07/08, we do have some non-crafty ads circulating, which you can read about in the first post of this thread.  Please only report the offensive ads to us, though. Smiley

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
GatorWrangler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2010 11:10:45 AM »

I also had to enable an ad blocker due to the animal abuse ads. They are all over the page and so not the way to get donations.  I love the crafting ads, so this is unfortunate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Colleen

My Pinterest
Pearliepie

I'm a llama! And I like it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: July 19, 2010 08:29:41 AM »

I don't know if there's a place to report ads we love, so I'm just gonna say it here: The snickers ads are cracking me up! My favorite is the older gentleman "punching zombies" and posing with his candy bar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I dream of a house covered with your art, and would love a personal swap. Pm me if you'd like to spread the crafty love! I also need blue fabric scraps for a scrap quilt!

Swaps:
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: July 19, 2010 10:24:44 AM »

I wish I was getting that ad!  sounds hillarious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #914 on: August 20, 2010 12:39:53 PM »

Ok, I have to ask this lest I know without being enlightened.  I see not all ads are craft related but it doesn't bother me much unless they are really annoying for some reason.  But there is something I don't (want to) quite understand.  Now there are these "ads by google", and I've just notice that now they come with a little pic on the left.  What calls my attention is that, in fact, it's the same one or two pics all the time, while the ad changes every time I click to move to another page in Craftster.  What really, really intrigues me is why should I see a pic of a lady crafting with beads illustrating an ad for pet food.
Here, have a look:

This is what I call misleading advertising.  For lack of a better description.  I just wanted to point it out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: August 20, 2010 12:57:12 PM »

Hi, soorawn!  I apologize if it is at all perceived as misleading advertising.  Google is supposed to serve relevant, craft-related ads in that position.  However, sometimes random ads slip through, and we do our best to monitor and block them when we see them!

We recently redesigned the Google text ads in order to make that space a bit more visually appealing since it was just text with a plain margin in the past.  As you've noticed, we have a pool of four or five crafty images that rotate through with those text ads now.  It simply was just our way of adding some color and appeal to an otherwise bland chunk of space on the site.

We do love color... and glitter. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

soorawn
« Reply #916 on: August 20, 2010 01:20:47 PM »

Aaaaah!  I was wondering about the images!  So they're your addition for making those ads more handsome... (truly, they remind me of the classified ads from the paper).  Good idea!  Thanks for clarifying!  And of course, no need to apologise for the unrelated ads.  They're difficult to keep at bay.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects for 2011:  15/50
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: August 20, 2010 01:23:32 PM »

Well, it's our attempt at least!  There's not much we can do to spice up text ads, but we tried. Cheesy

Thanks for the feedback on them!  We really appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Angelina Jolie Makes a Sexy Statement at Her First Post-Surgery Red Carpet
Pretty Savvy: Beachy Chic
Stars Sizzle in White Hot Fashion
‪How to Get Celebrity-Inspired Bikini Looks for Less‬
6 Things to Pack for a Weekend Trip
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...