A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,928
Currently Running With Scissors:
531 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Music that changed my life swap (SIGNUPS AUG25-SEP4) SENDOUTS OCT 15  (Read 7150 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« on: August 24, 2010 07:56:37 PM »

Swap name: Music that changed my life swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: malisha
Sign-up date range: August 25- September  4
Date to send item by:  October 15
Limited to a certain number of people? no
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

Have you ever said Im never gonna be the same after listening to a song? Do you have a special song that makes you go on when everything seems wrong? Or do you think music has made you who you are now? Is there any singer that changed your life?  If yes, this swap is for you.

You will have a list of your partners inspirational songs/artists and you should try to listen to it and try to understand why it is so important for your partner. You can send a link so its easier for your partner  to listen to it.

The idea is to take your partners bands/singers/songs  as an inspiration and craft something special for them, and who knows, maybe youl l find a new world when listening to your partners music.
As for crafting. You can send either one large item and two smalls or 2 medium items, just be sure to talk to your partner about this.

And to make it a low stress swap well have a loooong crafting time why?? Because this will be my last swap for the next 2 and a half years (med student life) and I really want a lot of people to join and a lot of people to enjoy it!

ABOUT ORGANIZER
Swap Organizer herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

I reserve the right to refuse anyone based on their swap feedback if I see a history of sending late.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap:
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name (first and last plz):
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

List at least 3 songs/artists that changed your life, or that inspire your everyday, and  explain why,  (first the most favourite and so on) That way your partner has a few choices if it is too hard to craft for one specific song/band/artist. If you only have one, you have to give a veery good explanation, and write as much as you can about it, so you can give your partner some crafting ideas.

Are there some specific quotes/lyrics that inspire you??

Favourite colours:
Least favourite colours:
Is there something you'd really like to receive?
Anything you'd really not like to receive?
What sort of crafting do you do?
Do you have allergies and/or things that would displease you due to religious/moral/ethical choices?
Do you have pets/smoke/allergens?
Tell us a little bit about you:
If you want to send extras, thats okay, as long as you talk to your partner about it.

Notes about Sending, Receiving, and Feedback
SENDING: Take pictures of your items before you send. When sending, you must use a DC# (or for overseas keep that receipt). Keep your receipt until your partner receives. PM organizer and partner when you send. Talk to your partner before sending if you dont have a camera.
RECEIVING: PM organizer and partner when you receive. Take pictures of received items. (Please take quality pictures, like ones you would take of your work.) Post pictures in gallery in a timely manner.
FEEDBACK: Will be given when you send, receive and post pictures in the Gallery.

Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find other rules about participating in a swap.

PLEASE, AS I WANT TO MAKE IT A FLAKE FREE SWAP, WHEN YOU ARE ACCEPTED, POST AT LEAST ONCE  A WEEK IN THIS THREAD, THAT WAY I'LL KNOW THAT YOU ARE STILL ALIVE AND HAVE NOT BEEN ABDUCTED BY WEIRD BRAIN EATING ALIENS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT Grin

IF YOU  WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

1.- DreamChild556
2.-janiegrrl
3.- mellyp
4.-TheSavoyTruffle
5.-DeSade13
6.- Miss Barbara
7.- rantyhippie
8.- TheBeldam
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010 11:13:56 AM by malisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010 08:04:11 PM »

PARTNERS
Sent
Received
Sent & received
Feedback
CONTACT ORGANIZER!!!

janiegrrl <--> TheBeldam
rantyhippie <--> DeSade13
DreamChild556 <--> malisha
mellyp --> TheSavoyTruffle--> Miss Barbara --> mellyp

GALLERY

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=361261.0
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010 05:17:19 PM by malisha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

strwberesh0rtcke
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010 12:25:01 AM »

Ooo this sounds awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I REALLY want some funny hoop-framed embroidery! Wanna do a personal swap?
Ffrogg526
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Stitches in the Musical Weave

I can do that... I think.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010 05:33:08 PM »

This sounds awesome!  But I'll have to catch it next time around if there's another round.  Way too much going on in my life right now.  Can't wait to see the gallery though!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010 08:12:29 PM »

Ooo this sounds awesome!
Hopefully you can join! it will be a great opportunity to know more about other craftsters!!!

This sounds awesome!  But I'll have to catch it next time around if there's another round.  Way too much going on in my life right now.  Can't wait to see the gallery though!  Cheesy
That's a shame! Although you're welcome to comment whenever you want!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ZidishaLuxe
She's So Unusual

I am Jack's smirking revenge.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010 06:30:58 AM »

oh my gosh, yes! i'm using my phone right now, but as soon as I get to a real comp I will be applying. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princesspimp81
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010 06:27:11 PM »

This sounds amazing and I wish I could play too!  If only the signups were longer lol  I'm in the 13 Days of Halloween swap and while I'm doing better than my schedule, I won't be quite far enough to take on another swap before the end of signups  Cry  Guess I'll have to wait for another round too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Blue canary in the outlet by the light switch
Who watches over you
Make a little birdhouse in your soul"

My Wist
TheSavoyTruffle

I want a head like the heads I see on EasterIsland

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010 07:51:20 PM »

I sent in my info! This swap sounds AMAZING!! I am so excited  Grin I only put down one band b/c I reallllly want something about them, hope my partner is cool with that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lay me down and close my eyes where the red-winged blackbird flies...
mellyp

QFA - you know you want to...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010 12:13:55 PM »

i sent in my info too, very excited for this one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alberta alberta - crafty goodness for you and your home
albertaalberta.etsy.com
http://albertaalberta.blogspot.com/
malisha

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2010 02:26:39 PM »

Sorry it took me a little to update your profiles, but it's done now!
Its just that on september 15th it's independence day in mexico, and this year it's the 200th year we celebrate independence!!! So i'm volunteering because it's going to be a huuuge celebration, and we have rehearsals almost everyday... it takes a lot of my time, but it's worth it!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roxanne St. Claire Reveals
The Power Book Trailer
Vincent Flynn Reveals
Thanassis Cambanis Talks About A Privilege to Die
Kyria Abrahams Reveals Her Motto
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...