A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
479 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eat your art out!  (Read 554 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sallymayhomer
Happiness by Hand

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011 09:33:03 AM »

This is a cake I made for my sisterís birthday. She always loved Marilyn so this was my attempt at making a Marilyn cake. I found the image I liked online doing a simple image search but the catch was asking for a, whatdayacallit Ö shadow... no... SilhouetteÖ. thatís it. Then I took a razor blade and had at it, placed it onto my already iced cake and used the alternate color to basically stencil it on. I was running late so it didnít turn out so well since I didnít let the original icing set before adding the stencil, but hey, she loved it, we ate it and it was easy enough to do.

I try and have homemade pizza night at least once a month and when it happens thereís ALWAYS leftover dough. So I usually make individual crusts to use later. I make trains and cars for my son along with whatever else I could think of. This happened when MJ passed on and I saw this image and thought, I could make a pizza crust outta that! Donít ask me why...I think it was soon after the cake and I didnít fulfill my stencil fix. I usually make them all free form but I used a silhouette image and cut it out and placed it on top of the rolled out crust and had at it with a knife. Heeeee heeeeeeee chicka oooo.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We should all fear evil men, but what we should fear most, is the indifference of good men. On a lighter note..have you smiled today? If you have not, Just DO IT! If you have..do it again!
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011 10:46:30 AM »

haha love the MJ pizza crust! he's instantly recognizable Wink You can get MJ images on the Silhouette store? I'll have to check that out...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Good for a Job Interview
How to Customize a Top
Kristen Stewart Is the Best Dressed Woman of 2013
Personal Shoppers: No Longer Just For the Privileged
How to Deal With Love Handles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...