Swap name: Pen-pal / Pen-buddy swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Miss_Evil_Penguin
Sign-up date range: 24th – 31st August
Date to send item by: Postcard by 7th Sept and Final package by 28th Sept
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): 25 please
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO
If so, which country?
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES (and the rest!!!)
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- If within the US, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
- If outside the US, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YESDetails of swap:
This is a lovely little swap to help people make new friends right here on craftster, it is totally up to you weather you keep on writing after the swap, no pressure!!A postcard needs to be sent to your new partner(s) within a week of finding out who they are, there will then be a further 3 weeks to send your package which must consist of some hand-made stationary, 8 pieces of paper and 4 envelopes is the requirement (please don’t let this put you off, this can be something as simple as coloured paper and envelopes that have been stamped, or you may wish to make your own paper? (If you manage to do this please show me how as every bit of paper I have ever made had come out so think and stiff that hamsters try to steal it for their housing!!!) You must also send an introduction letter to your new friend, if you would like a page of helpful hints to get you started I can provide you with one as I have a few amazing penpals!! And of course you are allowed to spoil your partner but please let them know you are planning this so there is not awkwardness!
If you see someone’s name on the list that you would like to be paired with please pm me and I will do my best to sort it out for you. Don’t be afraid to ask me any questions, I don’t bite!!
If you want to participate, information to send to organizer: Miss_Evil_Penguin
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap -
Craftster username -
Email address -
Your real name -
Mailing address including the country -
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country or would you prefer someone closer to home?
Confirm that are at least 16 years old or, if not, that you have moderator approval(YES/NO)
What are your likes (books/animals/bags etc)?
What are your dislikes?
What are your favourite crafts to do?
Is there any crafts you want to learn? (this would be good to maybe match people who do crafts they can teach eachother??)
Do you smoke or have animals?
Would you mind having crafts/letters from a house with animals/smoke?
Would you like to be part of a group or one to one (this depends on participants!)?
Would you like a partner with simmilar or different likes/dislikes to yourself?
Do you want to continue to communicate after the swap?
Would you prefer to have further communication via snail mail or email?
Any other info?
Do you want me to provide you with a helpful hints sheet for your introduction letter?
IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.
Also, remember to read the Swap Info Guide
to find other rules about participating in a swap.