A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,189
Currently Running With Scissors:
505 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap Organizers, how do you feel?  (Read 23253 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lauramae
« Reply #320 on: May 01, 2005 12:59:42 AM »

I know this is sort of off topic, but are any of you not able to reply of the "swap organizers, how do you feel" thread?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Polkadottedpaper.com- Handmade Love
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2005 10:17:28 AM »

I know this is sort of off topic, but are any of you not able to reply of the "swap organizers, how do you feel" thread?
It's been locked, no one but an admin can reply.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
Iris
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

hello.

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 01, 2005 10:21:38 AM »

Thanks for being so supportive of this, guys! Once we get used to the system, it'll make swapping easier for swappers, organizers, and the mods. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SpyRI
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2005 07:05:02 AM »

Hi! I really hope this is the right place to post this, but I've been reading all the threads about this and have a question. I've participated in 2 swaps- one went great! (Alice in Wonderland) and I was so happy with the swap, I signed up for another. I realized I was going to be 4 days late, and pm'd both the organizer and my partner. This swap was a direct swap between me and my partner, I crafted for her and she (supposedly  Undecided) crafted  for me. The send date was a Sunday, and I knew I couldn't get to the post office because of work until Thursday, when I promptly sent it off. My partner pm'd me and said she'd received what I made, that she liked it, and said that she would post in the swap thread and gallery "later". Well, she never posted that she received what I made (and it was really nice, I thought!) and she never sent me anything. I've pm'd her and the organizer, and have received no responses. I don't know what else to do, and I want it to be clear that I held up my side of the swap- I would hate to be both burned and banned from this!  Sad  What should I do next? I'm just bummed out over this, and since the organizer doesn't seem really interested, how can I leave feedback about my flaky partner so someone else doesn't get burned like I did?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it had a beat, you could dance to it
iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2005 09:19:13 AM »

Hi! I really hope this is the right place to post this, but I've been reading all the threads about this and have a question. I've participated in 2 swaps- one went great! (Alice in Wonderland) and I was so happy with the swap, I signed up for another. I realized I was going to be 4 days late, and pm'd both the organizer and my partner. This swap was a direct swap between me and my partner, I crafted for her and she (supposedly  Undecided) crafted  for me. The send date was a Sunday, and I knew I couldn't get to the post office because of work until Thursday, when I promptly sent it off. My partner pm'd me and said she'd received what I made, that she liked it, and said that she would post in the swap thread and gallery "later". Well, she never posted that she received what I made (and it was really nice, I thought!) and she never sent me anything. I've pm'd her and the organizer, and have received no responses. I don't know what else to do, and I want it to be clear that I held up my side of the swap- I would hate to be both burned and banned from this!  Sad  What should I do next? I'm just bummed out over this, and since the organizer doesn't seem really interested, how can I leave feedback about my flaky partner so someone else doesn't get burned like I did?

Do you have a DC# for the package you sent? Did you keep the PM from your partner? I'm hoping you answer "Yes" to at least one of these questions, as they are the only ways to prove that you kept your part of the bargain.
 PM the swap organizer & one of the super-fabulous Swap Moderators about your partner, if the organizer doesn't help, the Mod will!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
SpyRI
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2005 03:17:03 PM »

I have the pm's from my partner, including the one where she said she got the stuff I made, so I guess if I don't hear from the organizer in a week or something I'll email it all to a mod. Thanks for the idea- I wasn't sure what to do next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it had a beat, you could dance to it
organizedmess
« Reply #326 on: June 12, 2005 10:30:46 AM »

I participated in a swap and decided to take a chance and organize.  I noticed that when you set up the first thread you have to answer if you are aware of the 'suspended traders' list.  I have seen a lot of talk about it but can't find it.  What do I do?  Can I just rely on the feedback system? Thanks for the help!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Phil 4:13
mayerlove
« Reply #327 on: June 12, 2005 10:36:22 AM »

organizedmess- i just looked for it, and i couldnt find it either. i guess you just check their profile for negative feedback. nust be leah put it in if they were already suspended. maybe someone else can help you! sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #328 on: June 12, 2005 10:40:09 AM »

Here it is. I'm not sure how it is being used now so I would also check their profiles (I think those were updated for the bad swappers first).

http://www.craftster.org/suspendedtraders.txt
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
mayerlove
« Reply #329 on: June 12, 2005 10:42:11 AM »

now i would say to check both.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wasabi Paste Recipe
Sesame Tuna Recipe
How to Saute Sausage and Shrimp for Lumpia
How to Prepare the Cabbage for Lumpia
How to Prepare Celery for Lumpia
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...