A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Swap Organizers, how do you feel?  (Read 23198 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alison
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2005 12:27:21 PM »

I have a question...I am nearing the end of a swap I organized.  Just about everyone has their packages, only a few left and I have heard from them all...So all in all, it is a great swap!

A LOT of the swappers (nearly half of the 36) didn't get delivery confirmation.  Is this common?  Only one package is possibly missing, and the person has agreed to make more if it doesn't get there soon. 

So, as an organizer, what do you do?  Its not like they can go do it after the fact, and I'm not really sure why no one is doing it...its only 45 cents...

Have others run into this?  Its really discouraging me from setting up another...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2005 12:33:19 PM »

I've noticed this too, alot more lately than before.  Honestly, sometimes i don't get delivery confimation, either b/c I forgot or am in a crazy rush, but i always old on to my receipt, and my package makes it there.  Most of the time I do get the dc though.I think as long as the package makes it there, its no big deal. I jut organized my first swap too, and most of my people didnt get dc.  Half of them haven't even recieved anything yet.  I can name alot more problems w/ swaps lately- lots of flakers (has anyone else seen this?) , lots of late senders, no dc, no one posting to thank their partner or say they've recieved anything, and lots more inconsiderate behavior.  its starting to make me not want to swap anymore.  Maybe its just the swaps I've been in- Has anyone else noticed this lately?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2005 02:17:03 PM »

How come people forget manners? My number one pet peeve is not thanking your partner. Its RUDE, even if you don't like what you got you can say- I got it, thanks. Generally my swaps have been good. I'm actually going to cut down because of time and money but I do love swapping. I try and remind people several times to get DC and to send me a PM when they ship WITH the DC number included. For the most part people listen they just have to be reminded.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2005 05:58:15 PM »

I've noticed this too, alot more lately than before.  Honestly, sometimes i don't get delivery confimation, either b/c I forgot or am in a crazy rush, but i always old on to my receipt, and my package makes it there.  Most of the time I do get the dc though.I think as long as the package makes it there, its no big deal. I jut organized my first swap too, and most of my people didnt get dc.  Half of them haven't even recieved anything yet.  I can name alot more problems w/ swaps lately- lots of flakers (has anyone else seen this?) , lots of late senders, no dc, no one posting to thank their partner or say they've recieved anything, and lots more inconsiderate behavior.  its starting to make me not want to swap anymore.  Maybe its just the swaps I've been in- Has anyone else noticed this lately?

there HAVE been so many flakes lately. i just started swaping fairly recently, and the first bunch that i did (i kinda jumped in with both feet) went really well. before i started, i read the archived swaps and stuff, and i kinda got an idea of who was really active, that sort of thing, and now it seems like a lot of the same people are the ones flaking!

i've organized one swap, and i took over the organization of another when the organizer flaked. i'm just so amazing by how awful people can be! i don't care how many swaps someone does, or how many times they offer to make stuff for the partners of flakes, that doesn't give you the automatic right to be a flake yourself or to send the swap organizer angry pm's when they're just trying to follow up with you!

i like the karma idea a lot, but i would want it to be more than just people who never send their package. my understanding of the system right now is that as long as the package eventually gets there, your name doesn't go on the list. what if it takes 2 months? what if they refuse to communicate with their partner or the organizer? it just doesn't seem fair to me at all that only one aspect of the swap is looked at. i wish i could warn people about my experience, and karma would be a way to do it.   

THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2005 08:06:49 PM »

i like the karma idea a lot, but i would want it to be more than just people who never send their package. my understanding of the system right now is that as long as the package eventually gets there, your name doesn't go on the list. what if it takes 2 months? what if they refuse to communicate with their partner or the organizer? it just doesn't seem fair to me at all that only one aspect of the swap is looked at. i wish i could warn people about my experience, and karma would be a way to do it.   

yeah, i agree. swapping used to be so fun, but now its not so fun. i dont want to be snotty, but there are only a few people i want to swap with.  i know these people are reliable and dont send something they've spent 5 minutes on.  that does sound really snotty, but its not fair to work soo hard on a project and send it off, and either get something crummy, or something late, or nothing at all in return.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2005 08:15:04 PM »

yeah, i agree. swapping used to be so fun, but now its not so fun. i dont want to be snotty, but there are only a few people i want to swap with.  i know these people are reliable and dont send something they've spent 5 minutes on.  that does sound really snotty, but its not fair to work soo hard on a project and send it off, and either get something crummy, or something late, or nothing at all in return.

it's not snotty, it's true! i'm starting to feel the same way. i'm not capable of doing a half assed project, i honestly give it my all, and i try really hard to make sure that what i'm making is something my partner will like, and sometimes the stuff you get back makes you wonder why you bothered, especially when it's in the exact colours that you said you didn't like, or is something that you specifically said you wouldn't wear. i just wish people were more considerate!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krazigal72

Jeweled Whore

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2005 08:18:55 PM »

well crafty_dame...we can partner up then..lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2005 09:03:56 PM »

well crafty_dame...we can partner up then..lol

oh god, the pressure! now that i've said that, i'd feel even worse if someone didn't like what i sent them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2005 10:32:54 PM »

The problem with swapping is that no matter how talented you are you really don't know what your partner is into unless they post photos of there crafts. Even if you make something really fabulous it may not be there personal taste. That happens to me, most times I get cool stuff that I wouldn't normally choose and other times I get stuff I would totally buy. Thats the gamble. When you get something awesome (like i did today Grin) it makes it all worth it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'performer....costume') maven.
craftydame

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2005 11:09:31 PM »

The problem with swapping is that no matter how talented you are you really don't know what your partner is into unless they post photos of there crafts. Even if you make something really fabulous it may not be there personal taste. That happens to me, most times I get cool stuff that I wouldn't normally choose and other times I get stuff I would totally buy. Thats the gamble. When you get something awesome (like i did today Grin) it makes it all worth it.

i know i've gotten stuff that's not exactly my style, but i still appreciate the effort that went into it and i'm still really happy to receive it. (and you know that i'm not talking about the stuff you sent me, though you may totally be talking about what i sent you, i feel bad about it)

i was talking more about the times when you get stuff that you specifically said you didn't like, or stuff that it looks like they barely spent any time on it. then it's disapointing. and i'm not really even talking about myself, because i've been pretty lucky, but sometimes i see stuff posted in the swap galleries, and i feel kinda bad for the recipient, who i see made something really cool!

i think the swap organizers need to have people give more info, and i REALLY wish people would put some kind of link in their profile, it makes it so much easier to figure out more about what they like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Child of Vengeance by David Kirk
Poor Little Bitch Girl by Jackie Collins
Goddess of Vengeance by Jackie Collins
Married Lovers by Jackie Collins
James Bunting Performs His Poem "Cathy"
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...