A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,466
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Head Start Art Journal (Signups Closed ; MAIL BY 10/01/10)  (Read 16086 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

-zoma-

finally a picture of me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010 05:24:20 AM »

ooooh, thanks for sharing Ninja_Poo. I like the cover, it would drive me mental trying to keep it intact, but really cool. Smiley

I'll try to get partners out to everyone mid-day on Sunday, unless we have any last minute additions, in which case it'll be first thing Monday. We have an even number, so if you join in, bring a friend. lol.
Does anyone have any requests? PM me if you do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninja_Poo
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010 07:47:23 AM »

Thank you, it's actually surprisingly sturdy - I lugged it to and from school every day last semester and it didn't shed any pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010 08:35:14 AM »

Thank you, it's actually surprisingly sturdy - I lugged it to and from school every day last semester and it didn't shed any pieces.

Love your pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010 09:43:56 AM »

If you happen to end up with an odd number of swappers before I go to bed tonight, I would be more than happy to make this a come back swap (haven't swapped in about a year).  I will be gone tomorrow, so tonight would have to be the deciding time.  I am more of a mixed media/mixed paper kind of gal ... I always use what I have for my journals because I love to recycle and would hope, if I join, that there is someone who would love my style.

We have an even number, so if you join in, bring a friend. lol.

I don't have a friend to bring and I am sure there are other who do not either ... so I would be happy to be the friend in the  *bring a friend* request ...lol Cool

Shade
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010 10:12:08 AM »

If there is an odd number I'd be happy to be in a three way group; person A sends to person B, B to C, and C sends to A  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010 10:40:53 AM »

kartiana - I'd love to hear more about your envelope book. That's a great idea for the envelopes!
I fear I am a hoarder of paper, receipts, envelopes, cards, scraps of paper, it is awful. I'll have to try an envelope book. Smiley

I have a very strange love for envelopes...  Roll Eyes

This was one of the first books I ever made and it took a lot of time! I gathered/saved envelopes (received some from awesome craftsters!), cut them open so they would lay flat (I think I cut down the side folds), figured out a size that most of them would fit into and cut them all to be as close to this size as possible, put them in an order I liked, added a cardboard front and back that I covered with envelope pieces, and bound them into a finished book  Smiley I used a tutorial I found online for the binding, I don't have the link any more but there are a ton of websites out there if you're interested in binding techniques
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010 11:00:42 AM »

Welcome aboard Wulf! I can definitely relate to needing some motivation at times. I decided at some point I would make ATCs every night (LOL) to show my day and have yet to make one in over a year. Sigh.

Ninja_Poo - thanks for sharing your pages! You used some great images. Where are you finding them?

Shadeweaver - Join!!! I would love to see what you come up with this swap and your style would work for me!

Kartiana - cool, thanks for the details. I will definitely have to play with that in the future. I think it would be fun to keep a few envelopes in tack to have little pockets for little notes or something...hmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010 12:30:48 PM »

pogo: a lot of them are from miscellaneous Neimann Marcus catalogs (can't afford anything but the catalog XD), some are from National Geographic magazines, some of them are cards or images that I got from the comicon and still others are printed out from my weheartit.com account (great place for a variety of pretty pictures)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2010 05:56:36 AM »

OK .. I signed up... but only under the stipulation that it does not mess up the even partners thing. I am actually going to get to see my leather supplier today ... I use his leather to create these books ....

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297732.msg3393104#msg3393104

that was my first one and the one that turned me off of swapping for a while ... but I have made more since then.  It becomes addicting.

Shade
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
MsMoran
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2010 07:06:51 AM »

Shadeweaver, that book is BEAUTIFUL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fold an Origami Heart
How to Fold an Origami Ninja Star
How to Fold Money into an Origami Shirt
How to Make an Origami Fish
How to Create an Origami Lily
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...