A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,026
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Head Start Art Journal (Signups Closed ; MAIL BY 10/01/10)  (Read 15709 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

-zoma-

finally a picture of me

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2010 05:24:20 AM »

ooooh, thanks for sharing Ninja_Poo. I like the cover, it would drive me mental trying to keep it intact, but really cool. Smiley

I'll try to get partners out to everyone mid-day on Sunday, unless we have any last minute additions, in which case it'll be first thing Monday. We have an even number, so if you join in, bring a friend. lol.
Does anyone have any requests? PM me if you do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ninja_Poo
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2010 07:47:23 AM »

Thank you, it's actually surprisingly sturdy - I lugged it to and from school every day last semester and it didn't shed any pieces.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StickerChic87
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2010 08:35:14 AM »

Thank you, it's actually surprisingly sturdy - I lugged it to and from school every day last semester and it didn't shed any pieces.

Love your pages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2010 09:43:56 AM »

If you happen to end up with an odd number of swappers before I go to bed tonight, I would be more than happy to make this a come back swap (haven't swapped in about a year).  I will be gone tomorrow, so tonight would have to be the deciding time.  I am more of a mixed media/mixed paper kind of gal ... I always use what I have for my journals because I love to recycle and would hope, if I join, that there is someone who would love my style.

We have an even number, so if you join in, bring a friend. lol.

I don't have a friend to bring and I am sure there are other who do not either ... so I would be happy to be the friend in the  *bring a friend* request ...lol Cool

Shade
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010 10:12:08 AM »

If there is an odd number I'd be happy to be in a three way group; person A sends to person B, B to C, and C sends to A  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010 10:40:53 AM »

kartiana - I'd love to hear more about your envelope book. That's a great idea for the envelopes!
I fear I am a hoarder of paper, receipts, envelopes, cards, scraps of paper, it is awful. I'll have to try an envelope book. Smiley

I have a very strange love for envelopes...  Roll Eyes

This was one of the first books I ever made and it took a lot of time! I gathered/saved envelopes (received some from awesome craftsters!), cut them open so they would lay flat (I think I cut down the side folds), figured out a size that most of them would fit into and cut them all to be as close to this size as possible, put them in an order I liked, added a cardboard front and back that I covered with envelope pieces, and bound them into a finished book  Smiley I used a tutorial I found online for the binding, I don't have the link any more but there are a ton of websites out there if you're interested in binding techniques
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Pogo
Ardiente

Ready for something new...

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010 11:00:42 AM »

Welcome aboard Wulf! I can definitely relate to needing some motivation at times. I decided at some point I would make ATCs every night (LOL) to show my day and have yet to make one in over a year. Sigh.

Ninja_Poo - thanks for sharing your pages! You used some great images. Where are you finding them?

Shadeweaver - Join!!! I would love to see what you come up with this swap and your style would work for me!

Kartiana - cool, thanks for the details. I will definitely have to play with that in the future. I think it would be fun to keep a few envelopes in tack to have little pockets for little notes or something...hmmm.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My little site about giving, with a splash of crafting: http://www.fierygivingtree.com
Ninja_Poo
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010 12:30:48 PM »

pogo: a lot of them are from miscellaneous Neimann Marcus catalogs (can't afford anything but the catalog XD), some are from National Geographic magazines, some of them are cards or images that I got from the comicon and still others are printed out from my weheartit.com account (great place for a variety of pretty pictures)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Shadeweaver

My reality check just BOUNCED!

« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2010 05:56:36 AM »

OK .. I signed up... but only under the stipulation that it does not mess up the even partners thing. I am actually going to get to see my leather supplier today ... I use his leather to create these books ....

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=297732.msg3393104#msg3393104

that was my first one and the one that turned me off of swapping for a while ... but I have made more since then.  It becomes addicting.

Shade
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal swap?  Heck Yeah!

http://www.wists.com/Shade
MsMoran
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2010 07:06:51 AM »

Shadeweaver, that book is BEAUTIFUL.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Craig Nelson on the Atomic Age
A Look at the Game of Thrones Pop Up Book
Top 10 Notes: Of Mice and Men
Top 10 Notes: Animal Farm
The True Blue Scouts of Sugar Man Swamp
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...