A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
656 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wheel of Time Swap Gallery!  (Read 5439 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

athena394
« on: August 23, 2010 07:04:19 AM »

Original Thread
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=352618.0

Sent
Received (Not sent yet)
Sent and Received
Sending Late with communication
Contact me immediately!
Feedback given

Partners:

Minathia (DC+)<-->How Lovely(DC+ish)

Alchamy513-->deftann-->athena394 (DC+)-->Alchamy513
« Last Edit: August 31, 2010 07:58:34 PM by athena394 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

YumJello01

Cats make for furry crafts

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010 07:59:01 AM »

My boyfriend is a big Wheel of Time fan and we've been anxiously waiting to see this gallery.  Consider yourselves stalked!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for book page paper flowers for my sister's wedding!  Will do personal swaps/swaps for supplies (available listed here) Thanks!

http://pinterest.com/yumjello01/
Fontiua
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010 11:58:07 AM »

I love the wheel of time currently on book 5! Can't wait to see what you all made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creating something from nothing is the most theraputic thing in this world for my soul.
Coma
Magic Finding-Lady

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2010 12:45:25 PM »

I might have joined this swap if I had been finished my first one in time! Can't wait to see what people made! I am imagining cuendillar and ter'angreals:) Hope there is another round someday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

athena394
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010 11:09:03 AM »

Woohoo! Had our first receiver today! Hopfully pictures will be posted later! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2010 04:39:19 PM »

Pictures! I absolutely love everything, athena is so talented!

First thing is an amazing painted box! It was a vintage silverware box that she painted and lined. I somehow didn't get a full picture of it, but the image is big and centered.

Inside:

Next was a very cool Brown Ajah pendant. I think its shrinky dink, and it has white felt on the back:

I think my mom's camera is dying, but mine was completely dead. I took about 10 pictures of it and this is the best I could get... her macro wouldn't focus!

Finally, some amazingly awesome hair sticks! I mentioned something like this on my questionnaire, and she did an amazing job; she even made all the little charms! They're modeled after Cadsuane's hair ornaments, and they're really long which is great because I have a lot of hair! I don't have an action picture right now because I definitely needed a shower at the time I was taking pictures. The macro also had issues with the charms, if you have any better close ups feel free to post them!

Thank you so much, everything was amazing! The box got a wow from my sister, which is saying a lot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
deftann

These things just happen.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2010 08:39:04 PM »

Ooo! Aaah! That all looks lovely, good job athena!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
athena394
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2010 08:58:14 PM »

Hey Alchemy!

I'm so glad you received and liked the items! I have a few other pictures so here are some. Not better light, but, you know. Who needs daylight anyway.

And for scale

Here's..not a better, but a more close up (and blurry) pictures of the ornaments

Thanks to my boyfriend for taking pictures
I forgot to mention, I got the list of hair angreal from here: http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Cadsuane_Melaidhrin
That origami one is supposed to be the 8-pointed star, but I guess it has 10 points somehow :/  Also, the blue awesome fish I didn't make.

And the OTHER reason I need to upload photos is because I received my package from DeftAnn today!! Wow! I'm so impressed by the quality of these items! I need to take lessons from her in finishing things beautifully and professionally! AND she did it in the middle of moving?! OMG. SO LOTS OF PICTURES AHEAD BEWARE

All together:

It is a lovely bag, a set of coasters, and a set of hair pins. I will explain further as we go along....

First, a set of hair pins with charms a la Cadsuane. Lovely in their simplicity! And something I would actually wear! Take THAT saidin wielders

Second, a supremely well made set of coasters featuring different bits of "RANDLAND".

and just because I found the camera's macro lens...

But, as Deftann said in her note to me, there should be a moment of silence for the book she had to cut to make them. Understandable. May the characters find their way even without a map.

And finally a Cairhien bag!

As she says" dark on the outside (with stripes), and a little crazy on the inside." PERFECT CAIRHIEN. Wow, so this bag is so well made. I thought that maybe she got a fabric covered in nice colored ribbons, but no, I think she actually (somehow) attached them all on the fabric PERFECTLY parallel and with no visible stitching! How?! (fusible web? SAIDAR?!) WOW so impressive.  Like something you would buy. Plus there are like ten stripes so I would be pretty important in Cairhien. YUP. Ok so amazing stripes, then you OPEN the bag and BAM! AWESOME dragon lining (which coincidentally matches the silver and red stripes on the front) (and HELLO, an enormous dragon! woah). AND there are pockets which I show loaded up below (and you can see the lining):

Ok and may I once again mention how wonderfully these items are made! Superb craftsmanship!

Well, I guess I'll stop gushing because it's almost midnight. Thanks so much DeftAnn! You are AWESOME and so are your items!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alchamy513
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Watson's Warriors

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2010 09:05:47 PM »

Ooo, I love the bag and the coasters are amazing! The lining in the bag is really cool too. Now I'm anxious for my package to get there... I have swap anxiety!

Oh, and my mom loved the little cloisonne (at least that's what spell check says!) fish, she is a bead maniac! I think my favorite charm is the interlocking moons... so pretty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in Sherlock Holmes! : Avengers Assemble!
My Pinterest
deftann

These things just happen.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2010 09:38:59 PM »

Athena, I got worried when I saw the awesome hair ornament web you made, so I'm glad you like everything! And thank you for the reference link, I wish I had found that before.

Oh, those stripes. The first version was bad, we'll just leave it at that. Hooray for fusible web! That stuff is so amazing, I was cackling to myself as I was ironing it on (and it wasn't the first time -- I get fiendishly delighted when things go well).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Ribbon Rose Toppers for the Holidays
Turning Gingerbread Cookies Into Tree Ornaments
How to Make a Photo Memory Box
How to Make Leaf Print Holiday Wrapping Paper
How to Make Glitter Pinecone Hanging Ornaments
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...