A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cheapest place to find Swarovski crystals?  (Read 4102 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DustyChica

The Doctor's Companion

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2010 03:16:53 PM »

Swarovski crystals are not cheap. I am very well aware of this. However, I am looking for the most inexpensive place to buy them. The cheapest place near where I live is Hobby Lobby, where a strand of 15 bicone crystals goes for about $6. Does anyone know of a place where they are not quite as expensive?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective point of view, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey . . . stuff."
- The Doctor
[/color]
kimchery
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010 09:19:06 PM »

I only get from Hobby Lobby if they are 50% off and I need a certain color right then.  I've had lots of luck on ebay.  You have to shop around a little bit.  Usually these sellers are overseas, and... I try to do a trial run with them before making any big group purchases.  Some offer free shipping.  I've looked for gemstones and crystals this way and it seems to be a total hit or miss.  But once you order once, you can get a feel for what quality their supplies are really like.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knittin_pretty
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010 03:11:35 PM »

I was going to suggesting Ebay too. I was just in there and there are some good deals. The best ones are the ones you have to bid on. I think the best ones are the ones that don't have any bids at all and have the least amount of time left to bid. Like 5 minutes left. But you should offer a decent bid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\_/) Help Mr. Rabbit take over.
(o.o) He eats the nonbelievers...
(> <) Copy Mr. Rabbit or be EATEN!
jameelanajla
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011 07:00:23 PM »

Hi! Im not sure where exactly would be the cheapest place to buy them but I like to purchase from fusionbeads.com because you can pay for each bead, you buy what you need and dont need to pay shipping; my experience with them has been great.  Hope this helps! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{Lovely Kensie}
www.facebook.com/LovelyKensie
http://lovelykensie.etsy.com
pinterest.com/jamievelazquez
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011 08:04:49 PM »

I get mine from Fire Mountain Gems and Beads.  I won't buy them anywhere else unless they're on sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Songbunnymama
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011 08:58:03 PM »

Hi! Im not sure where exactly would be the cheapest place to buy them but I like to purchase from fusionbeads.com because you can pay for each bead, you buy what you need and dont need to pay shipping; my experience with them has been great.  Hope this helps! Cheesy

Fusionbeads.com is great!  They have free shipping no matter the size of your order, they ship quickly, and I've never had any problems with any order.  Plus they have an amazing amount of beads of all kinds, findings, inspirations page.  I got to go to their store in Seattle last year, and it was even more amazing, plus the staff are super knowledgeable and friendly. Highly recommend Fusion Beads!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011 09:16:55 PM »

Fire Mountain is having a sale on TONS of Swarovski crystals right now.  I just got a pack of 12 for $1.50 (normally $2.60)
http://www.firemountaingems.com/swarovski.asp?WT.ac=H2110225
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011 09:26:53 PM by Krafty_Karasu » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Color Your Hair
Hair Care Tips by Garnier
How to Have Perfect Hair This Season
How to Take Care of Hair Extentions
How to Make Easy Bun Updo
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...