A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 301,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: mixed CD with packaging - now with tutorial!  (Read 7946 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

macaulkv
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005 03:50:48 PM »

Here's a quick tutorial for anyone that wants it. I basically traced this envelope template (enlarge until middle square is 5" across) on the backside of any paper I wanted to use. I get graphic design mags and they always have thicker paper samples but you could use cardstock as well. And maybe glue a cool magazine picture on it. I like to score the envelope so the paper folds better with my ruler and the backside of my scissors.

To fold and seal, I use rubber cement held down with paperclips until it dries. To seal the envelope flap, I usually add a sticker.

As for the rest of the graphics, I doctor clip-art or draw my own in Illustrator, print it out on my color printer and run it through my sticker machine. I also make labels that way, though I've written on file folder labels for some.

I use Label Creator Pro software that came with my Staples brand CD/DVD labels to print the CD decorations but I make the background picture in Illustrator or Photoshop.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011 08:01:37 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged
macaulkv
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005 03:58:04 PM »

Here are some more:

for the music to craft by swap. i sent to a flaker, so this is a re-send to someone else. notice the cute robot stickers - they say robots rock! which is so true.

this is to thank someone for being a swap angel in the above swap. the paper dolls are stickers (i didn't make those) and the postcard is made with screen printed remnants.

i liked the mix enough to send to another friend.

along with this one.

notice that many of these samples used file folder labels instead of homemade stickers. sometimes it's nice to have something handwritten instead of all computery stuff. the paper i used for the envelope already had the graphics on there, but if you used cardstock you could modge-podge a bunch of cool stuff on there...jewels, glitter, fabric...(ideas are flowing).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005 07:08:53 PM »

Those are awesome, I love them!

Just out of a twisted curiosity, would you mind telling us what songs you put on the pirate CD?

-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
macaulkv
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005 02:54:10 AM »

Those are awesome, I love them!

Just out of a twisted curiosity, would you mind telling us what songs you put on the pirate CD?

-Ralph

Sure thing! See amended first post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JaneGtar
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005 10:52:21 AM »

you are awesome at this!  i think i'll try something like this for the next swap i'm in.. thanks for posting and thanks for the idea! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i <3 j... and penguins!

my spot on the web: http://www.geocites.com/penguininthesun
Ralph
no... gone completely

The fat man walks alone.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2005 08:20:15 PM »

that list of songs is too cool!

Who knew their were so many songs about pirates, plus extra coolness due to the fact that you have a Wiggles song! (I must be the only 20 yr old Wiggles fan!)

*Does 'Wiggles' pointy hand gesture and runs away*

Thanks
-Ralph
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have decided that the hokey pokey is what it's all about.

Post a project on every completed project board on craftster: 30/39
Al-most-there.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=329582.msg3997110#msg3997110
jademaya

Creative.Real.Artistic.Friendly.Talented.Youthful!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2005 03:46:29 AM »

wow, it looks great!  Cool
heh, I've many mix cds I burnt but i always print something to slip in the front or paint on the acrylic casing.

do you think pasting stickers or labels on the cd itself will spoil it? i dont have those circular labels where u put inside the printer to print out cd sticker labels.  Sad

i will probably make some for my friends but not for myself though..isnt it a bother to keep taking them out & putting them back in whenever u want to listen to them?  Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rules are meant to be broken, and not all problems in life are meant to be resolved...That's why we are all here thinking of new ways to transform ordinary everyday items into quirky cool stuff...Rock on! XXOO
macaulkv
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2005 01:55:49 PM »

wow, it looks great!  Cool
heh, I've many mix cds I burnt but i always print something to slip in the front or paint on the acrylic casing.

do you think pasting stickers or labels on the cd itself will spoil it? i dont have those circular labels where u put inside the printer to print out cd sticker labels.  Sad

i will probably make some for my friends but not for myself though..isnt it a bother to keep taking them out & putting them back in whenever u want to listen to them?  Huh

I would guess any sticker that's thin would work, so long as you don't cover the spindle hole in the middle. I've gotten some warnings that DVDs might not work with full disk labels but I've never experienced a problem with that or CDs.

I do usually make disk labels and covers for the mixes I'm giving away and not for myself, although when I do, it's easier to find the CD. I keep my favorite disks in a binder with CD slots near my stereo and computer and keep the packaging with the rest of my music collection on shelves.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jademaya

Creative.Real.Artistic.Friendly.Talented.Youthful!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005 11:53:18 PM »

I found a pirate-ish song by chance.
It's Jen Cass's Pirate.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rules are meant to be broken, and not all problems in life are meant to be resolved...That's why we are all here thinking of new ways to transform ordinary everyday items into quirky cool stuff...Rock on! XXOO
Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2005 12:11:15 AM »

hurah for the Aquabats! One of my friends knows a guy named Hampton so "Captin Hampton and the midget pirates" is his theme song. Great CDs!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Olivia Palermo Goes Mod at the Louis Vuitton Maison Opening
5 Ways to Stretch Your Shoes at Home
5 Ways To Wear High Waisted Denim Shorts
Something New: Bridal Shoes By Brian Atwood
The Trick To Getting Rid Of Armpit Stains
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen
Meatless Monday: TVP Jerky

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...