A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,042
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Children's Scavenger Hunt Swap(Sign-Ups CLOSED; Send-Outs 10/16/10)  (Read 13964 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Slingmomma
Crafty Esthetician!

Accessory hoarder.... scarves beware!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2010 02:29:22 PM »

Project "G" has turned into project "F"  as in Fail.  But I'm going to try again. 

Oh bummer! I returned the wrong yarn that I bought... can't really felt something thats not 100% wool so now I have the right stuff and can finish one item tonight! It's season premiere week on TV so I have been a busy little bee crafting while watching TV!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A Spinners Magic Yarn ball! Join us!
Fat Quarter swap-almost done craft for sloth003 Cheesy
IYP 17-deadbathducky waiting still to receive!
Sew/Yarn v's Paper-got my partners!
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #111 on: September 25, 2010 06:41:29 PM »

Im sick.  boo.  and right before my new PhD program starts.  ugh.  i went to the orientation yesterday.  it was good.  there were other mommas of young kids in the 2nd year.  inspiring to me to see its possible and im not totally insane.  one momma had a 4 year old and 2 year old twins.  egads!!

anyhow, when i got home i felt like crud.  i tried to craft after aria went to sleep but my head and sinuses hurt too much.  so i went to bed.  i am still sick but feeling a bit better so i am going to try to finish up the 3 projects i have in the works.  if i manage it, i will just have aria's craft to figure out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #112 on: September 25, 2010 06:44:18 PM »

Im sick.  boo.  and right before my new PhD program starts.  ugh.  i went to the orientation yesterday.  it was good.  there were other mommas of young kids in the 2nd year.  inspiring to me to see its possible and im not totally insane.  one momma had a 4 year old and 2 year old twins.  egads!!

anyhow, when i got home i felt like crud.  i tried to craft after aria went to sleep but my head and sinuses hurt too much.  so i went to bed.  i am still sick but feeling a bit better so i am going to try to finish up the 3 projects i have in the works.  if i manage it, i will just have aria's craft to figure out. 
I hope you get feeling better.
I'm getting ready to take my last to classes for my associates degree in a week, I'll be starting my bachelors degree right after christmas Grin
I get to do some shopping tomorrow so I can really get crafting, I have all my time consuming crafts done. i'm so happy with the stuff that I'm sending.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #113 on: September 25, 2010 11:43:49 PM »

congrats, tattooedcrafter!  thats quite an accomplishment.  i got pregnant in between year 1 and 2 of my masters degree.  i got all my classes and research done by the time aria was born, all i had to do was write the thesis.  i am in awe of mommas who have to take classes and study with little ones.  mommas like you give me hope that i can do this PhD program. 

got 2 projects done.  should get the last project that i am responsible for done tomorrow night.  could prob finish it tonight but really feel I should get some sleep since Aria appears to be sick as well...she's in bed hacking her little head off and crying when she wakes herself up.  makes me so sad when i go in and she just whimpers for me.  Sad 

next week, once she feels a bit better we'll work on her project.  very excited about the big project i have been working on.  i think gibson will like it.  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #114 on: September 26, 2010 07:19:21 AM »

congrats, tattooedcrafter!  thats quite an accomplishment.  i got pregnant in between year 1 and 2 of my masters degree.  i got all my classes and research done by the time aria was born, all i had to do was write the thesis.  i am in awe of mommas who have to take classes and study with little ones.  mommas like you give me hope that i can do this PhD program. 

got 2 projects done.  should get the last project that i am responsible for done tomorrow night.  could prob finish it tonight but really feel I should get some sleep since Aria appears to be sick as well...she's in bed hacking her little head off and crying when she wakes herself up.  makes me so sad when i go in and she just whimpers for me.  Sad 

next week, once she feels a bit better we'll work on her project.  very excited about the big project i have been working on.  i think gibson will like it.  Smiley 
My son was born while I was in my last year of high school and is my inspriation to finish school Grin I was doing high school online so it wasn't a major blow and I attend college online so I can more time with Collin.

I finished another thing last night so I have 4 done and I'm getting the stuff to finish the other 4 today so I can send a little early.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2010 07:31:19 AM »

Hubby's coming home from a 4 nights 5 days fishing trip today, and I'm making him a cheesecake.  As soon as he walks in the door, I'm handing him that cake and his 3 kids and I'm going to hide in my craft room.  I'm going to work on something long, and maybe something food related...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #116 on: September 26, 2010 10:11:57 AM »

welp, i may have to make another item.  i wanted to check the fit of one item and while aria and gibson are not the exact same size they are close enough for me to estimate.  aria has now adopted the item.  heh.  it didnt take me long so i will prob just make another tonight. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mcook72677
I fink you freeky

« Reply #117 on: September 26, 2010 01:16:16 PM »

Mmmmm... cheesecake!

I hope Aria is feeling better very soon!!  Gibson and Sy have both had the cough and there is basically nothing I can do for them.  Blah!!  Oh and you can do it(the PhD thingy)!!!!

tattooedcrafter, yay for you!!  I received my high school diploma when I was two years ago(31).  It was something I never thought I would do but I did it for my children(as cliche as it sounds).  I've been toying with the idea of taking some business classes but it seems like a lot of work with 2 little ones running around.

On the crafty note... I am working on the 'long' item right now.  It is very cute(but not too girly cute Rlynn). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade and vintage goodness!
www.gibsgoods.etsy.com
jesa
« Reply #118 on: September 26, 2010 09:32:38 PM »

I just was looking at the requirements and realized I don't have to send out until the 11th! I AM SO HAPPY! I haven't even finished one of my projects, although they are all well thought out and planned, but I thought I was going to have to have some serious heart attacks this week. SO, I am super excited, I have Wed, Thurs and Fri off from work and dd will be at school, so crafting will ensue! I think I have everything to get it all done, too! YIPEE
THIS ROCKS   Logged

clumsy_momma
« Reply #119 on: September 28, 2010 02:36:05 PM »

Lady, I feel ya! I'm currently finishing my BA in psychology (I have a year left!) to go for my master's. My little one just turned 7 and I was doing it on my own for a while (so that means that I work full time also). It can be done, especially with determined ladies like us.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
David McCullough Wishes He Had This Talent
Frank Lipman Talks About Spent
Meet Author Sandra Brown
Davy Rothbart Reveals Who He Admires Most
Meet Author Amy Wechsler
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...