A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,552
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September Monthly Odd Holidays Gallery - send out August 23  (Read 4930 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tlh878
« on: August 19, 2010 12:43:25 PM »

Swap name:    September Monthly Odd Holiday (MOH) Swap/
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  Belladune  Co-Orrganizer- tlh878
Sign-up date range:July 27, 2010 - August 6, 2010
Date to send item by: August 23, 2010

Details of swap:
...Did you know that each month is dedicated to something... unusual?  September is Fall Hat Month!  How cool is that!  There are also holidays celebrating  ADHD, Mold awareness,  Pediatric Cancer, Waffle Week, Keep kids creative week,  Salami day.    And so many more then I should probably list.  Go have a look!

This swap is to celebrate those unknown or unusual holidays. Each swapper will chose 6 holidays from the lists provided. Each partner will choose from those 6 holidays and craft 3 small items for their partner. A small item is defined as: by time-2 or less hours; by size-earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks, magnets; by price-$10 or less. U.S. packages MUST have a DC#, and international packages must have a receipt. Please provide both to the organizer when you ship. Shipping priority is suggested but not a requirement.

Original Thread  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=355038.0

Post your amazing packages here for everyone to enjoy!

You MUST PM both tlh878 and belladune  when you receive, if you will be late sending, and any other questions or concerns.

Sent
Received
Sent & Received
Sending late with communication
Feedback given

Scarlet_Angel <----> Jadore-le-rose   
 gebah <----> Jexxican   
ambermoony <----> najaorama   
 MissCrafty29 <----> tlh878   
 SpitZ09 <---->JillHogan   
 music_queen ----> akredhead ----> noturavggeek ----> music_queen
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010 09:24:18 AM by tlh878 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010 01:15:48 PM »

wow a sender and receiver already!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010 01:20:05 PM »

I've received, yay! This was such an amazing package, and I think Scarlet_Angel spoiled me... a lot, she went above and beyond! I love everything so much!

So this is everything looking all pretty and wrapped up in a massive box!!! I was so excited when this arrived at my door!  Smiley

And then this is everything that was inside, look how pretty everything is...

Ok, so for Sewing Machine Day I got this gorgeous apron, based on one on my wists with an amazing heart pocket. This is so pretty. Tomorrow I will put up and action shot of it on, because the light is terrible right now...

For International Chocolate Day I got some delicious chocolate fudge in a beautiful decorated box, which will look so good in my room!

And the top of the box...

For Read a Book Day, I got a super useful book cover and one of Scarlet's favourite books, which looks so good!

And inside, the book is called Like Water For Chocolate by Laura Esquivel.

And for Elephant Appreciation Day, this gorgeous painting for my mum, because she loves elephants. She really, really loves this and was so glad that you thought to include something for her, we were both so excited unwrapping everything. She wanted me to thank you from her as well!

As extras two wonderful bookmarks, one for me and the elephant one for my mum!

And if that wasn't enough, she also sent this book I had been wanting from my wists. See what I mean about the spoilage?

Thank you so, so much Scarlet, this was an amazing swap and I really love each and every thing you sent to me, it really made me happy! You got my tastes spot on and I'm just so glad we were partners!

Thank you!!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010 02:03:16 PM »

I's say you were spoiled! Those bookmarks are sweet. I might just wist them. and the painting is great, too. And fudge, fudge is always really nice. And I love making those book covers! Hell, that was just a great package!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010 02:25:17 PM »

fabulous package!!! Great start to the gallery!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010 03:50:01 PM »

awesome! I love Like water for Chocolate! Such a great book. My favorite part is the rose fever...ok that's all i'm saying Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

www.najadruva.com
Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010 01:53:50 AM »

Ooooooooooo I'm so glad you liked!!!!!!  I thoroughly enjoyed making everything for you - and as you know, you're my lovely swap angel from my first flaked on swap - so I think the spoilage was justified!!!

I used to run a market stall selling cakes, sweets, etc - and the chocolate fudge was definitely my best seller.  Glad it survived the journey okay - and it should last a couple of weeks, so don't feel you have to eat it all at once!!! (he he).

Najaorama - TOTALLY with you on the Rose Fever!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
jadore-le-rose
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010 08:32:17 AM »

I used to run a market stall selling cakes, sweets, etc - and the chocolate fudge was definitely my best seller.  Glad it survived the journey okay - and it should last a couple of weeks, so don't feel you have to eat it all at once!!! (he he).

Haha, I don't think it will last two weeks in my house, more like two days- it's so delicious!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scarlet_Angel

I think mice are rather nice!

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010 07:56:29 AM »

Firstly, have to say forgive me for my huge, bubbly enthusiasm about this swap - I've been like this all day since receiving my stupendous parcel of loveliness from the wonderful Jadore-le-Rose this morning.  Camera now fully charged, so on with displaying the gorgeous goodies...

Firstly the huge big box - took all my will power to stop at this point and take a pic ..

Wrapping for International Talk Like A Pirate Day - was so cute I had to stop and take a pic of it, this is the only one that was opened very carefully!!!

And all my piratey goodies - so much, 2 little bags, ribbon, hairband, hair clip, bag of whimsies ( I didn't even know what a whimsie was until this swap), notebook etc

Check out the fabulous embroidery detail

and had to take a pic of the Whimsies, been picking through them on and off all day finding new favourites - there's the tiniest little roller skate button at the bottom right which is just gorgeous

Next we have Pink Flamingo month (this is the main reason I signed up for this swap in the first place, was just so impressed there was such a thing as Pink Flamingo month!!) and I wasn't disappointed, more fabulous embroidery - this is having pride of place on my bedroom wall

For International Day of Peace, I got the cutest purple t shirt (my fave colour) v-neck (my fave style) with - tree of life image on it!!  I'm just potty about anything featuring tree of life...

close up of tree of life - colour went a bit wonky for some reason here

As I've already mentioned - Laura is also my swap angel from a previous swap I was flaked on in, and just had to share with you this gorgeous bag she made for me. It's just perfection - absolutely my thing, gorgeous colours, beautiful fabric, soft snuggly lining and patchwork as well.  It's beautifully made and I love it to bits.

There is more (believe it or not) but I'm going to post the rest in the Newbie swap gallery, as it's part of my Angel package - but just want to say the biggest biggest THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Laura, for being an amazing swap partner

and I'll leave you with the obligatory gratuitous cat pic, of boy cat enjoying empty swap box and wrapping!!!

Off to pick up kids from the childminder now, but I'll let them open their little treats that you enclosed when we get home and will post later.

Thanks again - great swap, great partner, great organisers and I hope to be back next month

Scarlett xxx

PS - this is my second attempt at posting.  Got the whole thing all ready and was previewing before posting when up pops girl cat and stands on the keyboard and wipes everything out!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take Care
Drink Wine
Be Chilled!
Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010 08:07:12 AM »

oooh fabulous package!!!!!!  how wonderful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Put Your Hair in a Bun
How to Put Your Hair in a Messy Bun
How to Apply Relaxer Onto Black Hair
How to Take Out Micro Braids
How to Do Your Hair Like Taylor Swift
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...