A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,452
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sock Monkey/ Sock Critter Swap Round 2 - Gallery  (Read 8945 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ShannonMB

I aim to misbehave!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2010 08:58:03 PM »

Awww...I'm glad you like him.   Grin  His little bangs can flip up more like Finn's. 

I got quite a giggle that we each sent smarties....though I have to say, that I like the chocolate Smarties you sent me waaaay better!  *L*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I run with scissors.....it makes me feel DANGEROUS!!
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2010 12:09:41 PM »

Before showing you what I got from pinky_penguin, just wanted to post a couple additional pictures of the Sock Monkey Astronaut, to augment the ones pinky posted.

In his civvies, and a closeup to show the clear helmet...and his flyboy grin:

Now on to the next post for a great story of monkeys, madness, and redemption (OK, OK, thats more than a little bit of an exaggeration, but it fits and made me laugh.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachel.in.rainbows
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2010 12:16:42 PM »

Before showing you what I got from pinky_penguin, just wanted to post a couple additional pictures of the Sock Monkey Astronaut, to augment the ones pinky posted.

Ahhhhhhhhh!  Here he is my favourite!  I loves me a nekkid sock monkey!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2010 01:14:16 PM »

Hello, my fellow monkeyphiles.  I have a little tale to tell before actually getting to the pictures of the fan-flippin-tastic sock monkey I received from pinky_penguin a story I want to relate so youll understand how above-and-beyond-tastic a swap partner she is.  (Apologies in advance for the picture-heaviness, but there's just so much lovely detail.  Have actually tried deleting the pictures from Photobucket, resizing them on my computer, and re-uploading, but for some reason Photobucket is still picking up the original photos, even though they're no longer there!)

Pinky and I were truly soulmates in this swap, right from the beginning.  She had Astronaut on her list of themes and I had Space Exploration and, unbeknownst to our partner, we each decided to make an astronaut for the other.  However, were you to peruse the posts of the original thread, and also our PMs, youll see that at a certain point we both start commenting about difficulties with one particular element of our monkeys outfit.  (After the second or third occurrence of this, I began to think that maybe, just maybe, pinky was having the same problems with the same element and was making me an astronaut, too!)

A day or two before the deadline when I was despairing of ever being able to send my monkey off with a complete outfit, I was given a suggestion that sent me off to one store, then another, and finally, finally, I had something I could turn into what I needed.  Whew!  Pinky_penguin, on the other hand, was not so lucky, and just before sendouts were due decided she had to start all over, outfit-wise.  (By the way, yes, she was making an astronaut for me, and the part of the outfit that gave both of us so much grief was the helmet.)

Needless to say -- and both understandably and with appreciation on my part for her dedication -- pinky missed the deadline, but she crafted diligently and managed to get done in less than a week.  And let me tell youno, let me show you the result, after she moved on to my theme of Under the Sea, that brings a smile to my face just thinking about it:

Front view

Rear view

An amazingly wonderful and adorable Sea Monkey!  Hes surrounded by oceanic flora and fauna, all made from felt, some 2-dimensional, most of the creatures 3-d and stuffed.  Lets take a closer look, shall we?

He came with a bottle that contained a very sweet and funny note, which when unrolled shows the wear and tear its been through during its travels (during which it had also picked up a few shells).  Also some stickers and a little sock space alien that were intended originally to have accompanied a sock monkey astronaut.  (Ive decided that the space alien is actually from an aquatic planet, and thus is equally at home with the Sea Monkey as he would have been in space.)  AND a little more than half a yard of classic sock monkey fabric!

Sea Monkey received unanimous approval around here, my dog Bella has taken a shine to him, and hes already become fast friends with the squid I received in a previous swap.

Thank you SO much, pinky_penguin, I love the monkey you made for me, and am so glad to have been your partner on this journey.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010 01:18:58 PM by waterbaby » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lady Lovecraft
« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2010 11:25:59 PM »

These are all so great!
I wisted the sexy space girl pin:)

How was it made?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
titaniumhip
Titaniumhip Sews

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2010 10:27:29 AM »

love the starfish on the monkeys bum!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RhymeswOrange
please excuse her for the day, its just the way the medication makes her...

« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2010 01:00:04 PM »

After a terrible experience with the postal system I received a beautiful Pinup Sock Monkey from Ekkagirl!

I love her! She's wearing a tree of life necklace from my Wists too! (I'll get to wear it next.)   She brought some candies but they didn't make it past the kids.

Here she is in her best pin up pose.

Thank you so much for going above and beyond to complete this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think my cat is sending me subliminal messages...
EkkaGrrl
I'm normal.. the rest of you are crazy!

mmm.. fabric...

« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2010 04:20:07 PM »

Cheesy I love the pose!

I'm glad she made it home to you. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I completed my best craft project EVA!! 10 lb 2 oz baby Violet! Born at home in my own bed!! Smiley

Wisty Goodness!
http://wists.com/EkkaGrrl
eeyore_witch
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2010 06:19:56 PM »

Too cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream ~ C.S. Lewis

I love Swaps!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cosplay Fans at Comic-Con 2011
Social Documentary Film Production Tips
How to Tell a More Impactful Emotional Story
How Clinton Global Initiative Empowers Young Filmmakers
How to Manage Non-Profit Client Expectations
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...