A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First bleached shirt and I think it's a WIN!!  (Read 5190 times)
Tags for this thread: bleach_stencil , giraffe  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mouseatethekitty
« on: August 18, 2010 11:07:11 AM »

Okay, there's a 'lil back story to this. I picked up a book at the dollar store a few years ago, it looked entertaining for sure, It's called The Astrology Gift Guide, are you familiar with it? You should be, it's ridiculously inspiring! The lady that wrote this probably had intended it to be serious buuuuuut her suggestions are so ludicrous I just have to laugh.
I'm trying to knock out all of my Christmas gifts now because I've been a procrastinator every year and find myself finishing/wrapping gifts day of. So, I decided to start on my BF's Christmas gift. But I was stuck! When I found my Astrology gift guide I knew exactly what I was going to get/make for my wonderfully Aquarius man Smiley

A giraffe t shirt!

you see in the book, it says that Aquarius's love gifts that are useful and a supply of colorful T shirts would be great!

My BF and I have a running joke about giraffes so it made me die of laughter when I saw one of the gift suggestions was "wild animal prints"

Craft wise this was my first time bleaching a shirt, it came out a little spotty, but I'm okay with it. I also over sprayed and you can see a bit of the outline of the freezer paper but it happens.

It also mentions they like distinctive hats

so I got 'em one of these guys too (don't worry, I didn't buy it it was free!) I think I"m going to decorate it, but I'm not sure how yet and I'm open to suggestions Cheesy

In case you are wondering what some suggestions were for Aquarius ladies I found these to be just as entertaining

So as it turns out finding a great gift is as easy as knowing someone's birthday! Or something like that haha Thanks for looking! Smiley

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010 11:08:26 AM by mouseatethekitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged

avocadoeldorado
Almost done, it just needs a...*&$%!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010 11:22:46 AM »

I love that shirt!  I've been meaning to try bleaching and I think I will after seeing that.  Also, I want a copy of the book you're working from, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
najaorama
Tutorial Contributor

My kung fu is strong today!

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010 11:25:43 AM »

T-shirt is awesome...but your post made my day. That is hilarious. Glow in the dark phone, blue popcorn, mensa memberhsip...how did you decide?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Go to your bosom, knock there, and see what your heart doth know." WS Measure for Measure

http://myclosetthriftstore.blogspot.com/
p.kok
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010 11:32:34 AM »

i want that book, NOW!:) i always have trouble finding gifts for friends and it's a tradition in our friend circle to buy ridiculous stuff to each other for birthdays(once we bought a friend tons of yellow stuff (clothes, candy,...). to make the gift even more ridiculous, we didn't give it to her on her birthday, on that day she only got a CD with the song Yellow by Coldplay on it.) this book would be great inspiration.  

and i would also really like a t-shirt like that:) i love giraffes too and i think yours is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Daneisha

I <3 fabric and puzzles!

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010 11:59:27 AM »

The shirt turned out fantastic!  I love the post, it made me giggle!  And as an Aquarius, I love the idea of the star paperweight!  I love stars!  I NEED THAT BOOK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StumpBaby.etsy.com

::Glittery Awesomeness and Fabulously Geeky Machine Embroidery Designs!::

:::::::::Knitters I need your help!  PM me please::::::::::
teachart
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010 12:05:12 PM »

Shirt: AWESOME!!!  Book: NECESSITY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Candacerhae
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010 12:25:00 PM »

I love the shirt!  And now you have me wondering what gifts the book suggests for us Libras.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Daneisha

I <3 fabric and puzzles!

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010 12:29:26 PM »

Ok everyone!  I just checked half.com and the book is only 75 cents!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StumpBaby.etsy.com

::Glittery Awesomeness and Fabulously Geeky Machine Embroidery Designs!::

:::::::::Knitters I need your help!  PM me please::::::::::
mouseatethekitty
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010 12:33:30 PM »

Thanks everyone! If you are interested in book suggestions you can probably find it on ebay, I bought it for like 50 cents at the dollar store.
If not PM me and I'd be more than happy to tell you some things the book suggests (within reason) for your sign Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crymson
I am the Lazy Druid.

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010 01:48:14 PM »

I think I want that book... I'm an Aquarius and it sounds about right, the luxurious venues sounds better though. The other stuff is odd.

Either way awesome shirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sports Betting Tips
How to Play Blackjack
Understanding Craps Terminology
Basketball Handicapping Bets
Learn to Play Craps
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...