A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,704
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day SEPT - starting 9/1 - 9/30/2010  (Read 12008 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2010 03:15:05 PM »

This is the hex link:
http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2008/11/hexagon-crochet.html

I love Lucy's stuff..lol. She uses so many bright colors... I am so jealous. The instructions can be a bit confusing bc she uses English and British symbols, but the pictures are great!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010 03:15:56 PM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2010 09:08:32 PM »

I have so much granny work to do before october! I have a baby blanket that I just ran out of yarn for that needs ready to be gifted by this saturday. Then a granny throw for a wedding gift by october 9th. and there is one more that I can't think of. I need to write these important things down!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #102 on: September 17, 2010 11:18:45 AM »

So I have 110 squares done at this point out of the 252 square goal for tomorrow. Maybe I'll get caught up =P. I have pretty photos to update though, so here they are =)

This is mario currently, as you can see I need to start working on his skin tone and more black, as well as some more red.

This is the heart that goes between Mario and Peach (see the grid in the corner of the last pic), it's about 1/3 of the way done.

This is all of it in my box =) As you can see I have some yarn, as well as the squares in here.

Totals for this week so far:

50/109 Squares

57/167 Squares

That's a grand total of 107/252 squares for the week. Hopefully I can catch up maybe... At least now that the squares are smaller, they work up quicker. This thing is going to be mammoth...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 17, 2010 09:34:49 PM »

Wow! That Mario blanket is going to be huge!! (Did u have to stand on ur table to get that pic?) I love the pattern! I did a similar one a couple of years ago, but it was only cross stitch.. and I thought that was dedication. I bow down to the new master..lol. Good luck sewing all those together..

PS. I love the little model sneaking on in the background, lol. I can never seem to keep my son from jumping into my pix.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010 09:37:19 PM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #104 on: September 18, 2010 03:53:38 AM »

While my computer was down...been crocheting...squares!  59 to go! I may make these solid colors outlined in the white!  solid or scrappy??? 

I am seriously finished w/ most of my little scraps of yarn that I had a basket of.  I'll have to hit the old UFO's and start ripping to get more scrap yarn!  =]

I am finishing up little scraps into my scrap afghans...there are some banished yarns that didn't play well w/the others, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2010 07:28:58 AM »

Wow! That Mario blanket is going to be huge!! (Did u have to stand on ur table to get that pic?) I love the pattern! I did a similar one a couple of years ago, but it was only cross stitch.. and I thought that was dedication. I bow down to the new master..lol. Good luck sewing all those together..

PS. I love the little model sneaking on in the background, lol. I can never seem to keep my son from jumping into my pix.

Yeah I know, I'm beginning to think that maybe I should just do mario... Guess we'll see how it is when he's finished in a week or two. And yes, I stood on a chair and angled over the table because my son has a major interest in standing on the table and I didn't want to encourage it. I actually picked that pattern from a few cross stitch pieces I saw- one may have been yours =P I am dreading sewing it all together... I have no idea how to do it.

Lol, yeah, he's a sneaky one. I was surprised my daughter didn't get involved too, she usually is all about getting in pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And never stops at all
BabyCakes8510

*Sparkly like a holiday*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2010 03:33:50 PM »

Here is my first project completed for this month.

I made this for my very first nephew that is supposed to be here this month. One big granny square makes a perfect baby blankie.

Now I need to start working on a wedding afghan.

I started the new topic for the OCTOBER Granny-A-Day! You can find that here:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=359836.0

Also, I was just poking around on the net and found this pic. I thought it was adorable. I can't remember where I found it but if you google granny sqaure it brings up all sorts of neat ideas. I am sure you would stumble across it too.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010 03:53:04 PM by BabyCakes8510 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2010 06:37:19 PM »

I finally got the memory card adapter in the mail today.. thanks to EBay, it only set me back about $4.00. Then I realized I had no idea where my camera ended up... 1 hr and several shifted bins later, I saw it out of the corner of my eye and screamed for joy! (Whenever I lose something I can never shake the thought that my son might have chucked it in the garbage...drives me insane!) So.. long story, long..lol, here's my blankie! All I want to do now is add a super cute border, which shouldnt be a prob, since I picked up this nice book below on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Around-Corner-Crochet-Borders-Instructions/dp/1603425381/ref=sr_1_1?s=gateway&ie=UTF8&qid=1284859884&sr=8-1
So here it is:

This is laying on a full size bed, and is comprised of 100 hexagons...I would have done more, but decided before the second row to only work in solids. ( which means that my scrap stash is now mostly variegated yarn..lol)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010 09:19:38 AM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #108 on: September 19, 2010 05:40:59 AM »

Nfirehazzard...congrats...on finding the camera!!  Grin
thankfully we did get to see your hexie-ghan!!  And it did turn out so pretty-love the colors!   
I am going to HaVe to make this afghan!
*eyeballing the Christmas varigated yarn*

Thank you for sharing the site for the block...great ideas on there!  And will have to seriously think of picking up that book from Amazon...=]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2010 07:07:53 AM »

Those are both very beautiful blankets =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And never stops at all
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Apply a Filter in Photoshop CS3
How to Apply a Gradient in Photoshop CS3
How to Apply a Twist Effect in Paint.NET
How to Apply Auto Levels to an Image in Photoshop CS3
How to Apply Eye Shadow and Eyeliner in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...