A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,080
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day SEPT - starting 9/1 - 9/30/2010  (Read 11200 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Redostrike
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010 02:58:06 PM »

This weekend was not so productive, i had alot to do and i'm also (still) busy with another crochet project (Amigurumi). Thats almost done now. I'm not going to be doing only granny squares cause if i do i get bored to soon. I hope i can do a few tomorrow morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010 08:51:45 PM »

Now I kinda feel like I'm hogging this board all to myself...lol. What can I say? When you're a stay at home mom, you find more free time than you though was possible...some days. Just getting my blanket together, and I'm getting more and more excited as I go along! I have no Idea how big its going to be, I'm just hoping I wont have to whip up extra hexagons near the end. *fingers crossed* I could have done the math.. or even planned it out using a grid or graph, but I find impulsive crochet to be the most satisfying. Ok, I'll shut up now.

That's my basket full of middles next to what I've done so far. Its join-as-you-go, so It'll get up there soon..

And this is my son, shortly after the first picture, posing on what he apparently thinks is his new afghan..*sigh*. You gotta love 'em though..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010 09:31:07 PM »

Darn!.. I just made a graph to represent my blanket and I have to go back and make 4 more middles... arrggh..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whileitsraining
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010 10:03:31 PM »

Darn!.. I just made a graph to represent my blanket and I have to go back and make 4 more middles... arrggh..

lol i just finished the last square from my afghan and hubby noticed that the greens were completely off....damn baby brain! i bought two different colors and ran out of the green the majority of the afghan used! off to the craft store for me, with a sample piece this time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ani

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2010 02:39:55 AM »

Great progress...once again!  Except me...working on a quick crochet blankie to send to my daughter for a friends newborn baby boy...=]  I'm up early today...may have to go and get a few grannies taken care of...then I will get 20 or so done by the end of the day...=]  They're like Pringles...can't have just one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sundaybrunch
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2010 07:42:53 AM »

Ooooh nfirehazzard it looks great! I love hex afghans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quietly lurking...
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2010 03:40:44 PM »

I love the hexagons, nfire!

After some calculating I realized that the size squares I was making were way too big (the blanket would be around 148 X 120)... so I am taking a row out of each one tonight, making them 3 X 3. This should be around a large queen size (111 x 90).. Hopefully big enough for my husband (who is 6'3" and always complains that blankets are too short) but not huge. And, it means I can make up squares quicker! XD Right now I have 100, so I'm almost there... Goal for the end of the week is 250, hope I can make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2010 07:19:05 PM »

Here's my project since Friday...=]  Done! 
And I got a few squares started today.  I usually crochet 4 rows, stack and add the white finishing row all at once on the stack.  Is that how your're doing the hexagons, nfirehazzard??  I do like how your afghan is looking, btw!!  Wink
and your boy is adorable with all that curly hair...HeArTbReAkEr!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2010 08:03:02 AM »

@Kittymom13- Way to pump out that baby blanket..lol (what pattern did you use?). I havent done that in a while, and my wrists thank me for it! And yes, I think you're right on with the hexes...as you add on the white row, you anchor it to the previous hex. Its A LOT easier than it sounds, and my blankie is coming along quickly.

I'm glad that everyone is picking up from my planning mistakes and recalculating their projects.. I see I'm not the only one who's a little "gun ho". I just get over excited i guess...

I love the pix everyone has posted so far, as it is I'm having a hard time trying not to start another 3 projects..but I'm def doing that Log Cabin next!!

PS... I lost the memory card holder for my camera last night, while I was trans pix to my PC. Unfortunately, that means i cant take more progress pix for now, but I'll keep looking for it...couldnt have gotten too far...*sigh*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010 08:07:25 AM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2010 11:40:46 AM »

Thank you, Nfirehazzard!  =]  It is "sort of" a granny?? just straight rows.. Roll Eyes ch2, sc one row and 3dc in ch2 sp the next...yeah, really close to a granny pattern... Grin
It is from a 50's carriage cover pattern that I added rows to and then a non-ruffle border.  I'm sure I've seen an updated pattern for it elsewhere.  I'm so thrilled that you like the log cabin pattern...I have a bunch of purple, black, grey, white yarns that i would like to try it out on in a different layout...

For now I'm glad to be back to doing regular grannies.  I have 98 more squares and then I can lay them out and put them together. 

Did you have a site for the hexagon pattern? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
New Jeans Change Color When Body Temperature Changes
Kate Middleton Goes Bold in Leopard Print
Spring Fashion With The WanderLust Girls
#MyModamobStyle Feature Reader @Ari_Says
Miranda Kerr Talks Skin Care, Baby Flynn & The Importance Of Underwear
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...