A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: CLOSED: Granny-A-Day SEPT - starting 9/1 - 9/30/2010  (Read 12645 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Redostrike
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2010 02:58:06 PM »

This weekend was not so productive, i had alot to do and i'm also (still) busy with another crochet project (Amigurumi). Thats almost done now. I'm not going to be doing only granny squares cause if i do i get bored to soon. I hope i can do a few tomorrow morning.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nfirehazzard

Purple monkey dishwashers!!!

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2010 08:51:45 PM »

Now I kinda feel like I'm hogging this board all to myself...lol. What can I say? When you're a stay at home mom, you find more free time than you though was possible...some days. Just getting my blanket together, and I'm getting more and more excited as I go along! I have no Idea how big its going to be, I'm just hoping I wont have to whip up extra hexagons near the end. *fingers crossed* I could have done the math.. or even planned it out using a grid or graph, but I find impulsive crochet to be the most satisfying. Ok, I'll shut up now.

That's my basket full of middles next to what I've done so far. Its join-as-you-go, so It'll get up there soon..

And this is my son, shortly after the first picture, posing on what he apparently thinks is his new afghan..*sigh*. You gotta love 'em though..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2010 09:31:07 PM »

Darn!.. I just made a graph to represent my blanket and I have to go back and make 4 more middles... arrggh..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
whileitsraining
« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2010 10:03:31 PM »

Darn!.. I just made a graph to represent my blanket and I have to go back and make 4 more middles... arrggh..

lol i just finished the last square from my afghan and hubby noticed that the greens were completely off....damn baby brain! i bought two different colors and ran out of the green the majority of the afghan used! off to the craft store for me, with a sample piece this time!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Clear a space to make a mess!
http://www.wists.com/whileitsraining
Kittymom13
Right @ Home on Craftster:

Meow...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2010 02:39:55 AM »

Great progress...once again!  Except me...working on a quick crochet blankie to send to my daughter for a friends newborn baby boy...=]  I'm up early today...may have to go and get a few grannies taken care of...then I will get 20 or so done by the end of the day...=]  They're like Pringles...can't have just one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sundaybrunch
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2010 07:42:53 AM »

Ooooh nfirehazzard it looks great! I love hex afghans.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

quietly lurking...
deceptive.fragileness
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2010 03:40:44 PM »

I love the hexagons, nfire!

After some calculating I realized that the size squares I was making were way too big (the blanket would be around 148 X 120)... so I am taking a row out of each one tonight, making them 3 X 3. This should be around a large queen size (111 x 90).. Hopefully big enough for my husband (who is 6'3" and always complains that blankets are too short) but not huge. And, it means I can make up squares quicker! XD Right now I have 100, so I'm almost there... Goal for the end of the week is 250, hope I can make it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune--without the words,
And never stops at all
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2010 07:19:05 PM »

Here's my project since Friday...=]  Done! 
And I got a few squares started today.  I usually crochet 4 rows, stack and add the white finishing row all at once on the stack.  Is that how your're doing the hexagons, nfirehazzard??  I do like how your afghan is looking, btw!!  Wink
and your boy is adorable with all that curly hair...HeArTbReAkEr!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nfirehazzard

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2010 08:03:02 AM »

@Kittymom13- Way to pump out that baby blanket..lol (what pattern did you use?). I havent done that in a while, and my wrists thank me for it! And yes, I think you're right on with the hexes...as you add on the white row, you anchor it to the previous hex. Its A LOT easier than it sounds, and my blankie is coming along quickly.

I'm glad that everyone is picking up from my planning mistakes and recalculating their projects.. I see I'm not the only one who's a little "gun ho". I just get over excited i guess...

I love the pix everyone has posted so far, as it is I'm having a hard time trying not to start another 3 projects..but I'm def doing that Log Cabin next!!

PS... I lost the memory card holder for my camera last night, while I was trans pix to my PC. Unfortunately, that means i cant take more progress pix for now, but I'll keep looking for it...couldnt have gotten too far...*sigh*
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010 08:07:25 AM by nfirehazzard » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kittymom13

Meow...

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2010 11:40:46 AM »

Thank you, Nfirehazzard!  =]  It is "sort of" a granny?? just straight rows.. Roll Eyes ch2, sc one row and 3dc in ch2 sp the next...yeah, really close to a granny pattern... Grin
It is from a 50's carriage cover pattern that I added rows to and then a non-ruffle border.  I'm sure I've seen an updated pattern for it elsewhere.  I'm so thrilled that you like the log cabin pattern...I have a bunch of purple, black, grey, white yarns that i would like to try it out on in a different layout...

For now I'm glad to be back to doing regular grannies.  I have 98 more squares and then I can lay them out and put them together. 

Did you have a site for the hexagon pattern? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
No-Makeup Makeup Tutorial
How to Avoid Counterfeit Cosmetics
Best Beauty Products for Sensitive Skin
Summer Pastels Makeup Tutorial
Summer Corals Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...